• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"DmC hasn't do anything bad towards DMC!"

IncarnatedDemon

I really believe Capcom wanted to replace DMC with DmC. That is my opinion that i feel confident in ok? You dont have to agree with me, its fine.

But that was one thing that i believed DmC did to DMC.

Here is another which ticks me off.

So i wanted to find DanteStyle's (member on here) avatar picture:
25865.jpg

DMC 4 Dante looks so bad ass in that pic, and i love the black hair (yeah its not about white hair, its a lie media made).

Searching the appropriate keywords that may get this pic up for me on Google, i get alot of DmC Dante concept arts or pics.

Probably 1 year from now when you search with same keywords you may get up DmC Dante for the results (even though u werent searching for him), with 80% of the results.

Anyway ima continue to try find this pic. DMC 4 Dante looks awesome in it :)

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
weather in a good or bad way, DmC got a lot of people back into devil may cry. thats just the reality. and typically reboots do try to completely replace the original. like batman. when you talk to an average person and bring up the joker or catwoman. chances are they won't remember phiper or nicholson. they'll automatically assume your talking about ledger and hathaway. and weather or not thats a bad or good thing, the dark knight trilogy did get a lot of people back into comic books.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
weather in a good or bad way, DmC got a lot of people back into devil may cry. thats just the reality. and typically reboots do try to completely replace the original. like batman. when you talk to an average person and bring up the joker or catwoman. chances are they won't remember phiper or nicholson. they'll automatically assume your talking about ledger and hathaway. and weather or not thats a bad or good thing, the dark knight trilogy did get a lot of people back into comic books.
Micheal Keaton was the best Batman.

As much as I love Nicholson, Heath Ledger played one amazing Joker and that I can't deny. Heath gets the Joker win.

Michelle Pfeiffer was a better Catwoman.

IncarnatedDemon

2M bought DMC 4, 1.1m bought DmC.

How exactly did people loose interest in DMC?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

You know what else made a lot of money? Spider-Man 3. Do we like Spider-Man 3? F#ck no. That movie was terrible and they decided to reboot. Even though also, Spider-Man 3 broke box office records and even held the highest grossing movie record at one time. I payed to go see Spider-Man 3 in theaters. Doesn't mean I walked out liking the movie.

A lot of people felt that way about DMC 4 whether you want to believe it or not but hey, I was only there and saw the reaction first hand.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

usually games like halo and such can go on for years without having a new game being released or even hinted at and there will always be a fan service at the ready. games like devil may cry and lara croft are different. from what i observed, after DMC4's release the game was widely loved and this and that. but still many of the fans (that i know of) weren't really into it anymore. its the equivalent of another COD game being released. then DmC came i and ****ed **** up. the controversy got people's attention. not only fans but people who knew jack adn **** of the series were getting in on the action as well. i'm sure you'll ask for proof but i can't provide that at the moment. but i hope my word will suffice

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
How did it do that? And what do you put in "into the light"?
The way you "ask for proof" of everything from any poster you disagree with is getting really annoying. If you want people to stop being against you, then you really need to be less aggressive about these issues.

But you want to "unleash your hate" the way you "warned us about" back in the "it wasn't meant to be insulting" thread, then by all means, go ahead.

I'm sure TwoXAcross and Chancey will be more than happy to respond in kind.

Think about what you say... and how you say it. You're coming off as really demanding, and it's grating on other people's nerves. Just a word of fair warning.

IncarnatedDemon

The way you "ask for proof" of everything from any poster you disagree with is getting really annoying. If you want people to stop being against you, then you really need to be less aggressive about these issues.

But you want to "unleash your hate" the way you "warned us about" back in the "it wasn't meant to be insulting" thread, then by all means, go ahead.

I'm sure TwoXAcross and Chancey will be more than happy to respond in kind.

Think about what you say... and how you say it. You're coming off as really demanding, and it's grating on other people's nerves. Just a word of fair warning.
I don't need your advice, i may work to be better against those who have collided with me because of interest, but you and Chancey are two people i do not want to discuss with nor want advice with.
You only reply to oppose me, and you in particular have many times said things about or to me that was unecessary and i simply ignored when you did that or laughed it away.

Use the ignore button if your nerves can't handle me.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Hmmm...normally I disagree with Unknown, Dragonmaster, and etc but I must agree if it wasn't for DmC and its controversy I wouldn't have gotten into DMC well I've ever always knew about it and I played a half of DMC4 but never cared that much til DmC and in one video Event Status mentions how a lot of new people heard about DmC and got into DMC because of it however a strong majority of those newcomers in fact bought the HD collection and got into DMC and in fact loved it so much wanted the old story to continue (I was one of them).

Think about it. DmC's controversy caused people to know more about it and the HD collection caused people to give it a try and many fell in love with it.

I'm sure the HD collection wouldn't have sold as much if wasn't for the newcomers due to well it was a collection of 3 old games (people who missed DMC PS2 gen....like myself) probably wouldn't want to try out 3 old games with dated graphics and the port was poorly done so it drove away some fans from buying and many people already have their old PS2 copies so no need to buy it again.

DMC HD collection sold over 800,000 units (HOLY CRAP) and I consider that pretty nice for an HD port of 3 old games with extremely dated graphics by this gen standards.

DmC's controversy was the most publicity that the DMC franchise got in the media in a long while.

Well I guess DmC and DMC HD collection both helped out DMC's popularity.

I mean Capcom can make a DMC5 and it could potentially sell more than DMC4 and if its REALLY GOOD like DMC3 good or better and if they do it with really good PR (Capcom apologizing or trying to make amends for the fiasco that was DmC's PR) DMC may make it very high to the top as a popular franchise (or one of they're highest selling series) rivaling Street Fighter.

I really can't say the same for a DmC2, it may spark more controversy and this time may actually hurt the franchise more and divide the fanbase up even more.....but it depends though. DmC2 is more of a wild card.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Hmmm...normally I disagree with Unknown, Dragonmaster, and etc but I must agree if it wasn't for DmC and its controversy I wouldn't have gotten into DMC well I've ever always knew about it and I played a half of DMC4 but never cared that much til DmC and in one video Event Status mentions how a lot of new people heard about DmC and got into DMC because of it however a strong majority of those newcomers in fact bought the HD collection and got into DMC and in fact loved it so much wanted the old story to continue (I was one of them).

Think about it. DmC's controversy caused people to know more about it and the HD collection caused people to give it a try and many fell in love with it.

I'm sure the HD collection wouldn't have sold as much if wasn't for the newcomers due to well it was a collection of 3 old games (people who missed DMC PS2 gen....like myself) probably wouldn't want to try out 3 old games with dated graphics and the port was poorly done so it drove away some fans from buying and many people already have their old PS2 copies so no need to buy it again.

DMC HD collection sold over 800,000 units (HOLY CRAP) and I consider that pretty nice for an HD port of 3 old games with extremely dated graphics by this gen standards.

DmC's controversy was the most publicity that the DMC franchise got in the media in a long while.

Well I guess DmC and DMC HD collection both helped out DMC's popularity.

I mean Capcom can make a DMC5 and it could potentially sell more than DMC4 and if its REALLY GOOD like DMC3 good or better and if they do it with really good PR (Capcom apologizing or trying to make amends for the fiasco that was DmC's PR) DMC may make it very high to the top as a popular franchise (or one of they're highest selling series) rivaling Street Fighter.

I really can't say the same for a DmC2, it may spark more controversy and this time may actually hurt the franchise more and divide the fanbase up even more.....but it depends though. DmC2 is more of a wild card.

i'd say be now, proceeding all together is a wild card. DMC5 is made, people will not trust the series anymore think of it as a cheap cold hearted apology. if DmC2 is made, there might be less controversy, but if they play cards right, then it could do pretty well. i'd let the heat die down for a while. maybe 5 or 6 years.

Top Bottom