• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

dmc hands on with the new combat system {OPM}

Nelo_Vergil

here the link: http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/05/16/dmc-hands-on-with-the-new-combat-system/

here a preview:
Having finally played DmC I can finally stop worrying about whether it’s going to be any good. It is. I always liked teen Dante, the weird gothic city setting and I’m hot for Ninja Theory (after the excellent and criminally underrated Enslaved) but there was something about early videos that worried me – something about the combat that didn’t seem to have the right snap. Swords were swinging, bit of monsters were coming off but it didn’t click.

Now, having played it, it’s put all my fears to rest. Things were sliced up and mostly on purpose. The first few button stabs feel welcomingly familiar as you tap and time swords attacks, reading the animation to vary and string combos together. Or batter square to pepper things with bullets. That still doesn’t really do anything but it always looks good.

Top Bottom