• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
What do you think new game's gameplay going to be like.Freeplay,lineer,more puzzels,more action,rpg installments,shooter elements,more demonic powers,more combos...

What is your wishes and theories about gameplay?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer101;275932 said:
the original devil may cry gameplay that everyone know and loved...with more variety

Basically the same as this.

Still a shame they dropped Nero, what with the great gameplay he added to the games. But beggars can't be choosers.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Storm Silves;275933 said:
Basically the same as this.

Still a shame they dropped Nero, what with the great gameplay he added to the games. But beggars can't be choosers.

They didn't only drop Nero.
They might have dropped the entire "Sparda" idea.

I'm sure if "DmC" is a let-down.
They can be creative with the sequel to the canon DMC series.
Or even be creative with a prequel to explain Nero.
Although, sequel would be favored.
I want moar Dante/Vergil.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
Acedia;275935 said:
They didn't only drop Nero.
They might have dropped the entire "Sparda" idea.

I'm sure if "DmC" is a let-down.
They can be creative with the sequel to the canon DMC series.
Or even be creative with a prequel to explain Nero.
Although, sequel would be favored.
I want moar Dante/Vergil.

Hmm...I was sure this thread was about gameplay...

I hope the action is a bit faster paced than DMC4's. The speed in DMC3's Turbo mode was perfect for me and after playing Bayonetta, everything else feels so slow. I also hope they'll have another attack button, since only having one sword button and one gun button feels a little limited these days. I'm not saying I want it to be like other action games, but another attack button would open up a whole new world of combo possibilities.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Edsabre;275946 said:
Hmm...I was sure this thread was about gameplay...

I hope the action is a bit faster paced than DMC4's. The speed in DMC3's Turbo mode was perfect for me and after playing Bayonetta, everything else feels so slow. I also hope they'll have another attack button, since only having one sword button and one gun button feels a little limited these days. I'm not saying I want it to be like other action games, but another attack button would open up a whole new world of combo possibilities.

There's always the Style button for big combos, but you have a point.

Vampi

The crazy demon;275952 said:
I just hope is it good.

And that it keeps something of DMC2 Dante hair moves in battle :D

Yeah i liked the way DMC 2 Dante's hair moved while he fought. Unfortunately Dino doesn't have puffy white hair like DMC 2 Dante. It looks stiff, not free-flowing as DMC 2 Dante's hair.

Hmm...i went to Ninja Theory's website and saw sumthing very interesting.

The first thing you read when you go into the site is this:

"Right now we're working on an exciting new concept that has got everyone we talk to buzzing. We can't say a lot except that it's going to be great to work on and should be even better to play! It'll take all the things we loved about Heavenly Sword and make them bigger and better than ever before.

There are some teaser elements on this new look website...and don't forget, this website is the very best place to check regularly for updates and news...especially the forums."

The teaser elements when you go into the site is that the site color is black and red...Dante's colors.

And also the part i bolded is very telling. With Dino's sword having a morphing ability just like Heavenly Sword's i wouldn't be surprised if the game is more HS then DMC. But with Itsuno on board i don't know. Maybe he can do sumthing different with the HS fighting engine. Who knows. I just hope its in a 60FPS and its not boring and makes me want to play it all the time like how i play Bayonetta. Cause Bayo's gameplay is fantastic.

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
^That quote makes me very nervous. I don't like the idea of HS gameplay in DMC. It's nothing against HS's gameplay, it's just that DMC's gameplay is more advanced and fun. Hopefully the gameplay will be more DMC centric.

I would prefer the gameplay be just as the previous DMCs with as others have said, more variety. I hope the styles remain.....

Vampi

Well i really don't know. Hideaki Itsuno (DMC 3 & 4 Director) is Supervising the project along with one of Ninja Theory's directors. Besides, this is Capcom's property and everything Ninja Theory suggest has to get approval by Capcom. So let's see if at least Itsuno gives the fans sum justice.

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
If gameplay is going to be like heavenly sword,there will be maybe some quicktime events in boss battles.It can be good actually,we can see more stylish moves...But this kind of boss battles are everywhere,hope ninja theory at least bring the game with some original gameplay elements.

Also i hope the styles we know going to be in game too...

Asmodaius

Well, the Devil May Cry series have been rather linear and it's worked so far. Making it a sandbox game would be a big step and I am not sure if it would work, but it would definately give us some more freedom. It might work, as long as it doesn't ruin the story. However, I prefer it to be linear.

I've noticed that many people are mentioning the Styles they used in DMC3 - personally, I'm not a big fan of it. I'd rather you have perhaps three styles available at all times, say Trickster, Gunslinger and Swordmaster, and then you could earn points which you can put in either style to enhance them - perhaps a bit like in an MMO such as World of Warcraft, where you simply specializes in a certain aspect. In DMC3 I hated that I couldn't dodge if I didn't have the Trickster style. The dodge system was better performed in DMC2, simple and easy to use.

I'd also like to see Dante evolve as he progress, giving him more powers and such instead of having him be able to do everything from the start. And have it be part of the storyline that he evolves. And the same with his mystical weapon, enhancing it with new forms - we've seen a spear form, a halberd form and a whip/grappling hook thingy - which I think is kinda cool. I've always been a fan of having a variety of weapons which do different things.

As for the guns, I'd like to see something else happening than just getting a shotgun and a bazooka... The Pandora in DMC4 was kinda cool, but also extremely weird to use. I loved the Lucifer though, because it was different.

Quicktime events... well, every other game and their mothers have it in their gameplay these days, and Ninja Theory uses it too, so I believe we might see it appear in the new DmC. It even appears in Bayonetta which is created by DMC's original creator, so yeah, unless Capcom decides to be different, I am sure there will be quicktime events.

Blood Palace must return! It was an awesome way to just smash through everything, and we should get some rewards for going through it like extra costumes and the like. In Dante's Inferno (the game) there's something alike called 'The Trials of Sct. Lucia' which is actually rather cool and it gives the players the opportunity to make some trials for themselves which they can send out online for others to download. I'd like for something like that to be in DmC as well.

And multiplayer function! The 'Trials of Sct. Lucia' is a multiplayer function, and perhaps they should make it available for Bloody Palace to be a multiplayer mode as well. I would love to see other characters returning, such as Trish, Lady, Lucia, Vergil and Nero, and have them be playable in some way. I'm not sure if a multiplayer function should be able in the storyline mode, but again, as long it doesn't ruin the storyline, then it could be cool.

Dominus

Anyone want to bet that the "sword" because it can extend will be used for god of war like grappling hook platforming! God I hope not.. Also taunt will be smoking (i reckon)

Meg

I don't know about open world. Maybe not a straight line like the other DMCs, but still with some freedom. Does that make sense?

Do you guys think the style system will come back? If so, do you think they will use the old styles or new ones?

meg127;276137 said:
I don't know about open world. Maybe not a straight line like the other DMCs, but still with some freedom. Does that make sense?

Do you guys think the style system will come back? If so, do you think they will use the old styles or new ones?

Yes that makes sense and that would be perfect just what i had in mind ^_^.

Open world is not my option too.

I don´t believe that style system will be back,can´t explain why,i don´t know i just think that way.

Meg

Subject 64432B;276139 said:
I don´t believe that style system will be back,can´t explain why,i don´t know i just think that way.

I for one hope it doesn't come back either. They did it twice already. It was great in 3, but just "meh" in 4. I'm interested in seeing what they do with Dante's shape shifting weapon. Like will that take the place of styles and different weapons, or will it change based on the combos you use?

meg127;276140 said:
I for one hope it doesn't come back either. They did it twice already. It was great in 3, but just "meh" in 4. I'm interested in seeing what they do with Dante's shape shifting weapon. Like will that take the place of styles and different weapons, or will it change based on the combos you use?

Yeah,looking forward to swinging that sword :D.

I think it will change based on the combos you use.
What do you think?

Zato-OW

King
Subject 64432B;276135 said:
I think that we are talking about gameplay in this thread :huh:.

I expect that gameplay will be same as the other DMC games ^_^.

I'm aware of that, I was gonna post a gameplay video as well but it turns out it was some idiot editing the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom