• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Future ideas

thesupremejoyner98

Let me shoot the elephant in the room, I think that DmC was mediocre. The gameplay was decent, but not DMC decent, the art design was cool, but was hampered by the story, and the story. Oh, dear, the story. But that doesn't mean that they can't improve IF they were to continue. I imagine DmC as the "Ultimate Marvel" of Devil May Cry. Here's some of my ideas: DmC-2: The Lucia Chronicle, which stars this universe's Lucia, who's a former General for Ernesto "Arius" DelRosa, now an artist and amateur Demon Hunter. She lives in an apartment along with Her friend, Brigit. In order to find peace, Lucia has to hunt down Arius, along as fighting against the other "Mannequins". She's also the one that opens the "Devil may Cry" supernatural detective agency instead of Dante. The other is DmC-3: Trish's Ascension, which stars, well, Trish, who's the illegitimate offspring of Eva and one of the rulers of hell. She travels across the landscapes of hell and earth to find her father's murderer. The last idea is DmC-4: A Lady's discovery, which stars Mary, Who travels to various temples to find out her origin, and why is her right eye corrupting her. Well, these all need work, but I want to know, what do you think, and how can I improve?

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
*Neck Crack*

DmC2: As Dante continues his fight to protect humanity, the Angels descend on humanity. Dante ultimately loses control of Rebellion, thereby losing his weapons from the previous game. Dante's first fight against Barachiel, Angel of lighting, affords him a new sword, Alastor. From there, he must defend his new ally, Lady ad the other humans from the Angels. He also meets hi Grandfather, Azrael, who explains that Dante needs to watch out, because "All that Power, wielded wrong, will destroy you, turn you into something you're not." At the End, during a fight with Emmanuel, Dante fuses the sword of justice, Alastor, with the sword of Resistance, Rebellion to create his perfect weapon. Force Edge, the Nephillim blade. With this sword, he unlocks his full Nephillim potential, unlocking Nephillim Trigger to beat Emmanuel once and for all. All this time, throughout the game we see Kat practicing Black Magic. At the very end, her eyes go jet black.

DmC 2 DLC: Vergil's Ascention. Vergil, having conquered a host of demons, kill any Archangels Dante didn't (including Dante's ally Michael) and takes leadership of a group of rogue angels as well. Evil! Kat joins him, as he trains under the Demon of Murder Azazel, to fight Dante again

DmC3: Dante and Vergil finally meet again, ready to fight. Lady and Kat fight as well, representing hard work (Lady) vs. Magical shortcuts (Kat). Dante and Lady lose round 1, and The two Dark siders seal them in Perdition, the darkest part of Hell. Dante and Lady fight their way out (thus the game) and fight their rivals twice more (once, halfway through Perdition, and again after escaping) ending in their victory.

DmC4: 15 years after the events of DmC3, a young Tri-Blood attacks Dante under orders from a secret group of Supernatural Hunters, possibly a splinter Cell of Lady's old Shadow Stalker group. The young man.....looks nearly identical to Vergil, but with Kat's eyes and skills with magic as well. After being betrayed, the young "Nero" teams up with Dante to defeat the group and unlock the mysteries of his birth

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I'd honestly like for the game to explore the past of Dante. Show the troubled and tormented life of young Dante, and what he had to go through to become the hardened bastard we play as in DmC. It'd be sick to play through a mission where Dante ends up in prison and things quickly go to **** with demons. Vergil's past could also be explored- though it's implied that Vergil lived a relatively posh life in comparison to Dante- so I'm not exactly sure as to what could with that.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i'd rather come up with new characters instead of going with the old ones, it's a reboot anyway, why not reboot it all the way..

DmC2 : Like DragonMaster said, it should be more about family affairs.. i'd love to see this uncle, hopefully, they'll do the sequel

DmC3 : Since 2 will be about family affairs, 3 should go wider and involves worlds affair, you know, the real deal.. the demons, angels and more about nephilim. No siding with any one here, all worlds have their own agenda, but Dante ofc is the center of all conflict and plot.. Vergil should be in it too, unless he's dead in 2. Breed out new characters, totally new and likeable ones with fine design, i'm always hoping for new likeable characters instead of just Dante and Vergil

DmC4 : Mature Dante, in resemblance to DMC2 Dante, physical and attitude, the third entry should explain why he gone cold.. Dante is tired and purposeless, he just do what he thinks he should do.. new younger character is introduced, Nero-like, Dante puts an eye on him on is seeing great potential for him to be the next protector of the human realm.. no big role for angel and demons, just cameos, any human characters in previous entry has aged.. the enemy will be a whole nother level, say the forgotten one, what's his name i forgot, he's forgotten, lol.. and this should be uber gritty and tragic, Dante dies here, proudly and relieved, he's tired, he wants to return home, to the family he yearned for long.. father, mother, brother..

DmC5 : farewell edition and a little taste of the new protector character in 4

thesupremejoyner98

All of you have interesting ideas about the game as well. Yes, absolitude, there will be new characters in my ideas, such s Brigit, Luica's best friend, who, in combat, can can fight hand to hand with blue flames. And TerrorA, I'm really interested in your ideas as well, but I would love to see what the characters from the classic series would be like in the reboot.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I'd honestly like for the game to explore the past of Dante. Show the troubled and tormented life of young Dante, and what he had to go through to become the hardened bastard we play as in DmC. It'd be sick to play through a mission where Dante ends up in prison and things quickly go to **** with demons. Vergil's past could also be explored- though it's implied that Vergil lived a relatively posh life in comparison to Dante- so I'm not exactly sure as to what could with that.

I would love to see more of Dante's past. I don't care if it's gameplay or cutscene, there's just something about teen angsty Dante that fascinates me. Also kid Dante. I want both. :D

absolitude

what i'm afraid if old characters are brought back in future DmCs are donte and vino allover again

thesupremejoyner98

what i'm afraid if old characters are brought back in future DmCs are donte and vino allover again
People will complain regardless. If it's classic DMC, the "childish" DmC fanboys(not the fans, there's a difference) will complain about anime bishoujo, and the "childish" classic fanboys will definately complain about more DmC. Either way, there will always be complaints.

absolitude

yeah, that's life afterall..

On topic, so you're ideas for sequels won't have dante as the main character? or it'll be like DMC2 and 4?

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014

On topic, so you're ideas for sequels won't have dante as the main character? or it'll be like DMC2 and 4?

While I love Dante, I keep saying that I would've loved Vergil's Downfall as its own game. So if they make a sequel like that, I wouldn't mind. Of course, I wouldn't like it if Vergil was literally the only main character in the game.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm more for a mix of old and new characters because returning characters deserve as much of a second chances as Dante/Vergil and new faces are always fun to see/figure out.

thesupremejoyner98

He would actually appear in the fifth idea: DmC-5: Warrior's awakening, where all the playable protagonists will team up to stop Vergil's army.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
No one would complain about Classic DmC. At least, not to the extent where they'd go nuts at every new development.

At the very most, they'd grumble a bit and move on with their lives. They have other goals to accomplish.

thesupremejoyner98

No one would complain about Classic DmC. At least, not to the extent where they'd go nuts at every new development.

At the very most, they'd grumble a bit and move on with their lives. They have other goals to accomplish.
While I highly dislike Vergil in DmC, I suppose he can be redeemed in possible future entries. Just imagine how he would react if he Saw Trish, who looks just like Eva.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
He's become a cold-blooded, insanity-driven Demon King by the end of his campaign. There's nothing else to redeem at this point.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I would love to see more of Dante's past. I don't care if it's gameplay or cutscene, there's just something about teen angsty Dante that fascinates me. Also kid Dante. I want both. :D

Same here. I'm kind of curious as to how Dante survived during his childhood. It was implied that he really had to struggle, and I have to wonder how a significantly-less powerful Dante survived in a world that wanted to stomp him out.

Top Bottom