• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC director Hideaki Itsuno is leaving Capcom

Lucel

GWTONpWX0AAjuD6

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Just saw this on push square, such a sickner. Really wanted to see him do a DMC6

I wish him the best in his future though.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Who’ll take his place in continuing the DMC franchise as well as making DMC6!!!????

Lucel

Who’ll take his place in continuing the DMC franchise as well as making DMC6!!!????
We have at least over a dozen possible candidates. My personal bet is on Junya Kumabe, he was the lead of 5SE and Vergil.

GWTxkXfWoAAQ1Tk

berto

I Saw the Devil
That was never going to be an option. Itsuno said it many times, 5 was his last DMC game. He was handing over the franchise to a new team and hoped they'd do well. In fact, he was going to leave Capcom after DmC and they just wanted him to stay so they let him make whatever he wanted so he made DMC5 and Dragon's Dogma 2. This was his farewell tour and he made no secret about it.

We have at least over a dozen possible candidates. My personal bet is on Junya Kumabe, he was the lead of 5SE and Vergil.

GWTxkXfWoAAQ1Tk
What is this for? Lead artist is Shinji Mikami? The Shinji Mikami?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I wonder will he leave the action genre in general too, or is it just a downscale as he winds down in life to make smaller games

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
What is this for? Lead artist is Shinji Mikami? The Shinji Mikami?
MobyGames provides credits (among other info) for videogames. The credits in that image are for vanilla DMC5 and not the Special Edition, supported by... the credits in the game.

Screenshot_20240914-132514.png

It's likely not *the* Shinji Mikami that was lead artist for 5 but someone who shares the same name, otherwise that person's profile would link to Tango Gameworks productions and not strictly Capcom ventures circa the mid 2000s.

berto

I Saw the Devil
MobyGames provides credits (among other info) for videogames. The credits in that image are for vanilla DMC5 and not the Special Edition, supported by... the credits in the game.

Screenshot_20240914-132514.png

It's likely not *the* Shinji Mikami that was lead artist for 5 but someone who shares the same name, otherwise that person's profile would link to Tango Gameworks productions and not strictly Capcom ventures circa the mid 2000s.
Yeah, I checked back then. It's not the same man.

Top Bottom