• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry Vergil Custom Control Scheme Advice Needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 41833
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 41833

Hey guys,
I don't know if people are still active in the DmC: Devil May Cry part of these forums but I was hoping that my thread could reach out to somebody since I need some advice. I don't own the definitive edition version of this game and so I only play on PC version, but the problem I've encountered is that I'm having trouble trying to finalize on a control scheme for Vergil.
I know how to change the control schemes through the .ini files and I'm fine with having two separate files for when I play either Dante or Vergil, but the problem is that I've run out of buttons to bind Gun Special to for Vergil. I have Shoot on L1/LB and Jump on X/A which makes pressing the two buttons together to use the gun special moves not only inconsistent but uncomfortable. I have no buttons to bind Gun Special to aside from L3 but because I've never played the definitive edition before, I don't know how much of improvement using the new Lock-On system is. Also because I don't have a lot of experience playing as Vergil in the DLC, I don't know if it's practical to unbind one of the doppelganger directional keys on the d-pad or the trick up button to be replaced with gun special instead. I don't know if the proper solution to this mess is to get better at using Shoot L1/LB and Jump X/A together because I would much prefer it if Gun Special was on a button.

It's a confusing situation since I'm not really sure what to do but if anybody is able to help me figure this out, I would greatly appreciate it. I really enjoy the reboot like the other DMC games I have played and I'm just having a lot of trouble trying to figure this out.

My Dante Control Scheme
(Note: The reason why I have Evade 2 on L2 was that before I had it binded but then I realized I needed to have Trick up/Evade 2 on Vergil binded to something, and now I'm not so sure)

Jump-X
Shoot -L/LT
Basic Melee - Triangle/Y
Special Melee -Circle/B
Angel - R1/RB
Demon - R2/RT
Evade 1 - Square/X
Evade 2 - L2/LB
Cycle Target - L3/LS
Center Camera - R3/RS
Devil Trigger - L3 & R3/LS & RS
Gun Special - D-Pad Down
Cycle Gun - D-Pad Up
Cycle Angel - D-Pad Left
Cycle Demon - D-Pad Right

My Vergil Control Scheme
Jump-X/A
Shoot -L1/LB
Basic Melee - Triangle/Y
Special Melee -Circle/B
Angel - R1/RB
Demon - R2/RT
Evade 1 (Trick Down) - Square/X
Evade 2 (Trick Up) - L2/LT
Cycle Target -L3/LS
Center Camera - R3/RS
Devil Trigger - L3 & R2/LS & RS
Gun Special - (Shoot & Jump) <- The big issue here because I want this binded to something else but I have no room
Cycle Doppelganger Neutral - D-Pad Up
Cycle Doppelganger Angel - D-Pad Left
Cycle Doppelganger Demon - D-Pad Right
Cycle Doppelganger Delay - D-Pad Down

D

Deleted member 41833

Also, I was wondering were mods a solution to this issue? Cause my game isn't modded and last second I noticed that int he definitive edition, you had trip Up binded as (Demon + Jump)

GoodGoneBad

Reuploader n' modder
Hey guys,
I don't know if people are still active in the DmC: Devil May Cry part of these forums but I was hoping that my thread could reach out to somebody since I need some advice. I don't own the definitive edition version of this game and so I only play on PC version, but the problem I've encountered is that I'm having trouble trying to finalize on a control scheme for Vergil.
I know how to change the control schemes through the .ini files and I'm fine with having two separate files for when I play either Dante or Vergil, but the problem is that I've run out of buttons to bind Gun Special to for Vergil. I have Shoot on L1/LB and Jump on X/A which makes pressing the two buttons together to use the gun special moves not only inconsistent but uncomfortable. I have no buttons to bind Gun Special to aside from L3 but because I've never played the definitive edition before, I don't know how much of improvement using the new Lock-On system is. Also because I don't have a lot of experience playing as Vergil in the DLC, I don't know if it's practical to unbind one of the doppelganger directional keys on the d-pad or the trick up button to be replaced with gun special instead. I don't know if the proper solution to this mess is to get better at using Shoot L1/LB and Jump X/A together because I would much prefer it if Gun Special was on a button.

It's a confusing situation since I'm not really sure what to do but if anybody is able to help me figure this out, I would greatly appreciate it. I really enjoy the reboot like the other DMC games I have played and I'm just having a lot of trouble trying to figure this out.

My Dante Control Scheme
(Note: The reason why I have Evade 2 on L2 was that before I had it binded but then I realized I needed to have Trick up/Evade 2 on Vergil binded to something, and now I'm not so sure)

Jump-X
Shoot -L/LT
Basic Melee - Triangle/Y
Special Melee -Circle/B
Angel - R1/RB
Demon - R2/RT
Evade 1 - Square/X
Evade 2 - L2/LB
Cycle Target - L3/LS
Center Camera - R3/RS
Devil Trigger - L3 & R3/LS & RS
Gun Special - D-Pad Down
Cycle Gun - D-Pad Up
Cycle Angel - D-Pad Left
Cycle Demon - D-Pad Right

My Vergil Control Scheme
Jump-X/A
Shoot -L1/LB
Basic Melee - Triangle/Y
Special Melee -Circle/B
Angel - R1/RB
Demon - R2/RT
Evade 1 (Trick Down) - Square/X
Evade 2 (Trick Up) - L2/LT
Cycle Target -L3/LS
Center Camera - R3/RS
Devil Trigger - L3 & R2/LS & RS
Gun Special - (Shoot & Jump) <- The big issue here because I want this binded to something else but I have no room
Cycle Doppelganger Neutral - D-Pad Up
Cycle Doppelganger Angel - D-Pad Left
Cycle Doppelganger Demon - D-Pad Right
Cycle Doppelganger Delay - D-Pad Down
Try Select/Back for gun special

D

Deleted member 41833

Just came back to confirm, you can't use select for gun special.

D

Deleted member 41833

You actually can, but you can't skip cutscenes in this case. I tried to reassign NTB_BACK line but it's not working

Oh wait u meant on PC, apologies, I was under the impression you also meant I could do select on Console. Can you assign the select button to moves in the Definitive Edition?

Top Bottom