• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry concept art

kat-matto

he's definitely not a 90's kid.
DmC: Devil May Cry concept art
dmc-devil-may-cry-pc-1352108391-051.jpg
dmc-devil-may-cry-pc-1352108391-048.jpg
dmc-devil-may-cry-pc-1352108391-045.jpg
dmc-devil-may-cry-pc-1352108391-053.jpg
dmc-devil-may-cry-pc-1352108391-054.jpg
dmc-devil-may-cry-pc-1352108391-050.jpg
dmc-devil-may-cry-pc-1352108391-044.jpg
dmc-devil-may-cry-pc-1352108391-049.jpg
dmc-devil-may-cry-pc-1352108391-047.jpg
dmc-devil-may-cry-pc-1352108391-057.jpg
Flashbacks_CA_04_DmC.png
Flashbacks_CA_06_DmC.png
Flashbacks_CA_08_DmC.png
Flashbacks_CA_09_DmC.png
309px-Eva_CA_01_DmC.jpg
the-beginning.jpg
Flashbacks_CA_02_DmC.png
618px-Flashbacks_CA_03_DmC.png
dmc-devil-may-cry-pc-1359388203-078.jpg

Dante47

It saddens me that though I loved DmC very much, I look at these concepts and think that it could have been so much better.
Alas, there is always the chance for a sequel.

These artworks make my eyes tear.

Especially the designs for the city.They always seem more beautiful then the ones in the game itself.
The artist had done a good job on them.I love the details.

PS: Look at little Dante's angry face when he holds Eva's dead body.It's like he's saying: Just wait until I grow up to whop your asses.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Actually, the writing and design was a collaborative effort by the whole team. Tameem just had the job of head brain and allocation of ideas to a cohesive script and game. As they say: "A Camel is a horse designed by committee."

No offense to him and his peeps, but the best stories in games are done by outside writers hired specifically for the job. Even gems like the Last of us.

also, Andy Sircus needs to be mo-cap director. There's a distinct lack of expression, characterization and energy in DmC's cut-scenes as opposed to Ninja Theory's previous works when character interaction and movement is concerned. I feel as if a dedicated experienced mo-cap actor and director like Andy were assigned to the task, we would have had better more consistent energy in these scenes. Monkey and Pigsy, General flying fox, roach and Bohan... DmC needed these characters. God! Louis Herthum is so talented, it was wasted for the most part. Mundus and Barbas had so much potential...

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Actually, the writing and design was a collaborative effort by the whole team. Tameem just had the job of head brain and allocation of ideas to a cohesive script and game. As they say: "A Camel is a horse designed by committee."

No offense to him and his peeps, but the best stories in games are done by outside writers hired specifically for the job. Even gems like the Last of us.

also, Andy Sircus needs to be mo-cap director. There's a distinct lack of expression, characterization and energy in DmC's cut-scenes as opposed to Ninja Theory's previous works when character interaction and movement is concerned. I feel as if a dedicated experienced mo-cap actor and director like Andy were assigned to the task, we would have had better more consistent energy in these scenes. Monkey and Pigsy, General flying fox, roach and Bohan... DmC needed these characters. God! Louis Herthum is so talented, it was wasted for the most part. Mundus and Barbas had so much potential...

From what I've heard (from Capcom), Ninja Theory did the writing, while Capcom mainly worked on the gameplay. So I guess what he meant to say was "as long as NT isn't writing it".

Sorry for pointing this out, but it's Andy Serkis, not Sircus.

Tiran

The great pretender.
From what I've heard (from Capcom), Ninja Theory did the writing, while Capcom mainly worked on the gameplay. So I guess what he meant to say was "as long as NT isn't writing it".

Sorry for pointing this out, but it's Andy Serkis, not Sircus.
several employees from Capcom supervised, advised and co-directed the gameplay. NT did the actual work on it.

aoshi

Jus noticed , Vergil's amulet is red. Damn it, It should be blue.:|.

EDIT: I wonder, Why there are no Child vergil/Eva concepts. :ermm:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It saddens me that though I loved DmC very much, I look at these concepts and think that it could have been so much better.
Alas, there is always the chance for a sequel.

That's usually what happens when looking at concept art. It's sort of a double-edged sword. You get to see all this awesome stuff evolve, and understand the thought-processes behind them, but then, you also get to see stuff that didn't make it into the final product and you're just like "Ah man...that would have been cool!"

The nice thing is these days developers like to take stuff cut from one game and try to rework it to fit with their next one.

And yeah, as others have said, NT did pretty much all of the game's development from gameplay to writing, with Itsuno's team overseeing the whole project, giving tips and discussing how things could be done better and whatnot.

Top Bottom