• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition Gameplay Only Thread!

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Glad this thread exists. Thanks for paying attention, and I hope y'all tune into our streams! The plan is to drop new gameplay clips and livestreams every Wednesday.

gregaman, i got a huge feeling DmC is getting a sequel, hot or cold? blink if it's confidential.. hohoho

Dominus

gregaman, i got a huge feeling DmC is getting a sequel, hot or cold? blink if it's confidential.. hohoho
Not to kill your dream, but Tameem said they aren't working on any sequels to their games right now in a recent interview (at 51:48 in the video). So chances might be lowish.

absolitude

Not to kill your dream, but Tameem said they aren't working on any sequels to their games right now in a recent interview (at 51:48 in the video). So chances might be lowish.

lol, no problem, dreams can't be killed anyway, and besides, DmC isn't NT's game.. BOOM!

and i do realize the chances are small, oh well..

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014

As much as I would love a sequel, I think it's good that they're currently working on Hellblade, DmC: Definitive Edition and God knows what else at the moment. They should take some time to polish up DmC, get some more experience in making other games and then maybe in a few years they'll come back to this and make it a better sequel than the original game.

Because I do believe they have it in them.

Rolanthas

Because I do believe they have it in them.

Yeah they did come a long way from Heavenly Sword. I, like most fans, thought at the DmC reveal NT was the wrong developer ( even though I really liked their previous games ). What they did in DmC, even though DMC team supposedly helped them along, was so beyond what they showed in their own games previously that I now fully support whatever they want to tackle next. Hellblade looks super interesting, kinda reminds me of JKII - JKA.

And back to the topic of DmC, holy hell was that a Classic Vergil costume? March is gonna be so brutal for my wallet.

absolitude

yes, back on topic.. anybody notice any significant difference on the DE? i personally sees no graphical enhancements, it's the same old.

Movement wise, it's looked more fluid, faster, that's coming from someone who play on pc, and i'm watching the footage in 30fps, still it looked faster --turbo? and the pause between movements seemed shorter..

Rolanthas

Yeah there is a %20 turbo option a la DMC3-4. Even though awesome modders managed to get that running on Vanilla DmC shortly after release, still a welcome addition.

About the graphic enhancements, I also played the last game mainly on PC, I'd say it'll just be higher res+higher FPS than the PS3-360 versions. Not necessarily an increase on what we've already had on PC.

absolitude

has this been posted? the recorded live session

the gameplay has really been tweaked, it's more responsive, precise and everything everything. plus the turbo, it's a big changer.. too bad the commentary said the added cutscene isn't something big

Dominus

has this been posted? the recorded live session

the gameplay has really been tweaked, it's more responsive, precise and everything everything. plus the turbo, it's a big changer.. too bad the commentary said the added cutscene isn't something big
That's just a (unauthorized) recording of the DmC:DE last week by Gregaman. He is doing a weekly stream every Wednesday of the game up until release. Here's the twitch archive link as well: http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/614298973

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
What they did in DmC, even though DMC team supposedly helped them along, was so beyond what they showed in their own games previously that I now fully support whatever they want to tackle next.
Fully agree with this. It exceeded my own expectations, as well.

Playing while wearing the Classic Vergil costume is going to be beyond awesome.
Edit: I wonder what @D0NN1E thinks about all this?

Last edited:

absolitude

That's just a (unauthorized) recording of the DmC:DE last week by Gregaman. He is doing a weekly stream every Wednesday of the game up until release. Here's the twitch archive link as well: http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/614298973

whoops, lol.. unauthorized.. i feel bad for posting it..

well in case some people don't have the chance to see it live, and maybe twitch.tv not working properly for some inet connection.. like moi

Top Bottom