• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool626

Demon Slayer
I have found info of the new dante here:

Dante, is a young man living in Limbo City. He was born and raised in Limbo City. He was arrested by law enforcement and was held at Limbo City Police Department as #9787 4 92. He was then transferred to a mental hospital as subject 64432B, where he has been held for more than thirteen days.

Dante is proud of both his human and demon heritage. He seems to dislike humans more so than demons. He has a smoking habit, and a possible sadistic streak, as he was shown putting out his cigarette in a demon's face and then proceeding to smoke it. Dante is very rebellious and laid back. He strongly dislikes people with authority over him, which he displays by flipping off the police during his mug shot. He is content when no one knows much about him - for thirteen days they couldn't get him to tell them his name, and when he finally tells them, he says it in anger. He seems to hate everyone, or at least a great deal of people around him. He is willing to hunt demons and loves to hunt them both for sport and money.

In this DMC he sound more like Vergil. LOl

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Kool626;300802 said:
I have found info of the new dante here:

Dante, is a young man living in Limbo City. He was born and raised in Limbo City. He was arrested by law enforcement and was held at Limbo City Police Department as #9787 4 92. He was then transferred to a mental hospital as subject 64432B, where he has been held for more than thirteen days.

Dante is proud of both his human and demon heritage. He seems to dislike humans more so than demons. He has a smoking habit, and a possible sadistic streak, as he was shown putting out his cigarette in a demon's face and then proceeding to smoke it. Dante is very rebellious and laid back. He strongly dislikes people with authority over him, which he displays by flipping off the police during his mug shot. He is content when no one knows much about him - for thirteen days they couldn't get him to tell them his name, and when he finally tells them, he says it in anger. He seems to hate everyone, or at least a great deal of people around him. He is willing to hunt demons and loves to hunt them both for sport and money.

In this DMC he sound more like Vergil. LOl

I wonder were did you get this from.
This Dante does seem better explained now and I'm liking him more now than i did before because now i know more about him.
i do have to disagree with your idea that he resembles vergil more because this seems more like regular Dante rather than regular Vergil.
I'm guessing the reason why he hates humans more is because they experimented on him as a kid to exploit his abilities as weapon rather than helping him avenge his mom.

fon

Crazy Chick
Hn. Did you get this from the Devil May Cry wikia?
If so, that info's been there for a few months now, and most likely isn't true, since we haven't actually gotten any new info on him or DmC yet from reliable sources/official statements.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
And I have 'new' info on DmC here:

The next instalment of the multi-million selling Devil May Cry™ franchise, DmC sees Capcom collaborating with UK based Ninja Theory to explore new frontiers for the series. DmC is in development for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3.

From its debut on PlayStation 2 in 2001, the Devil May Cry series has been synonymous with stylish action, rewarding combat and a brash, smart-talking protagonist. This ‘Devil May Cry DNA’ remains but is now injected with a dark and brutal gameplay that promises to redefine the franchise. Set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC will depict a duplicitous world where nothing is ever as it seems and the line between good and evil is constantly blurred. Spurred into action by the promises of a trusted relation, Dante bursts into this world intent on revenge at any cost. DmCwill retain the series’ signature mix of sword and gunplay but add additional weapons, all new powers and a revitalised gameplay system as players encounter the game’s devilish mix of enemies and navigate the rich, interactive environment. A true collaboration, DmCsees the team at Ninja Theory joined by key staff from Capcom’s R&D division. Creative direction for the title will be undertaken by Ninja Theory’s Tameem Antoniades and overseen by Hedeaki Itsuno, who has worked on all previous titles in the series. DmC is being co-produced by Capcom’s Japanese and North American development operations.

As posted by a NT dev on their forum.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
^ Interesting MV thanks for that. I think 'Set against a contemporary backdrop' may make the game look like a lot of the other **** thats out there, but hey. *shrugs*

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
From what I've seen, it's got a lot of the same color schemes as the early parts of DMC2 had. Fairly dull.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Z218;300819 said:
I'm guessing the reason why he hates humans more is because they experimented on him as a kid to exploit his abilities as weapon rather than helping him avenge his mom.

Also what NT designers said about this game explaining how Dante 'becomes the Dante we know' (I can't remember the exact phrase they used, but I think they were saying this game will essentially show the development of Dante from [something else] to dedicated demon hunter/protector of humans). If he's treated like this by humans it'll be interesting to see what makes him change his mind and think of them as worthy of protecting. But Dante usually has a female influence on his attitudes in the games to help him with that one.

I am interested to know what they do with the idea of Dante's powers ("even as a child I had powers") and the whole mental hospital/detention thing, although I'm worried it may take the series in a tangent direction that won't quite suit it. Who knows.

I guess one thing that worries me is this idea of Dante's position in the world - we have only ever known him as this anonymous mercenary-type guy with contacts, even though he is supposed to be the son of the guy who ruled the world incognito. How he goes from that to being what he is always bugged me a little. Hopefully NT will bridge the gap in the story in a way that seems believable.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
it seems like this new game will have many lessons of compassion for Dante. I rather like it (assuming the thread poster did not make this up) as it adds yet another dimension of depth to a character who is already quite complex.

jackiexylon

I dont see what everyone else at the youtube comments is btchin about.. i mean come on, dante is suppose to be rebellious, thats why he's in a young-offenders rehabilitation program Durr, and he still got ebony and ivory.. well.. minus the rapid fire, and that sword he's using is prolly the sword before rebellion. thats my whole review of the dmc5(Reboot) trailer.. sorry if i went off topic here, its just that those youtube comments about the dmc5 trailer is really ****in me off

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Youtube comments of any kind anywhere are guaranteed to annoy in under five seconds. =p

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
jackiexylon;301357 said:
I dont see what everyone else at the youtube comments is btchin about.. i mean come on, dante is suppose to be rebellious, thats why he's in a young-offenders rehabilitation program Durr, and he still got ebony and ivory.. well.. minus the rapid fire, and that sword he's using is prolly the sword before rebellion. thats my whole review of the dmc5(Reboot) trailer.. sorry if i went off topic here, its just that those youtube comments about the dmc5 trailer is really ****in me off

They're just upset because what they wanted DMC5 to be like is being ignored for the sake of grabbing the attention of a new audience and it's making them feel neglected and bitter. And im like "yeah welcome to the club"

Bloodfire

Order Of War
Doesn't matter at all, New Dante is total bulls**t. Even though, they could've continue the DMC4 story by implementing Vergil's mysterious comeback in the world, instead of jumping over and over again this prequel - before - after - forever system.
But that's just my opinion in world ocean.

Kool626

Demon Slayer
Sorry im late typing back my laptop was broke.
nah i didnt get this from wikki i got this info from a magzine called Gamezone,.
P.S there a rumor tha dante mom Eva gonna be in dmc, i dont knw if this is true cus i though she died when the twins was little but this is a reboot so might happen.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@kool626
The best bet is that we will see Eva on screen from Dante's memories or as a ghost and we will learn more about her than we did before. Which isn't it that hard since we know nothing about her. Best bet is that someone from Eva's family makes an appearance as the person who raised Dante. Or i could be totally wrong.

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!
Sorry im late typing back my laptop was broke.
nah i didnt get this from wikki i got this info from a magzine called Gamezone,.
P.S there a rumor tha dante mom Eva gonna be in dmc, i dont knw if this is true cus i though she died when the twins was little but this is a reboot so might happen.

CoooOooooOooOOOOOoooooOL!!!!
I can't wait to see Eva in this game! :p (IF she IS in game!!:rolleyes:)
thanks for the information anyway... I like it!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm wondering if we will see trish in this game tho?
after all she was made in the image of eva anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom