• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Comic (2nd part is out)

Suzaku18XD

Truth lies before ruin
Omg makes me want to play Vegils Downfall so much more :) My rating for these comics 8.5 out of 10, I don't know if I should explain why because I don't wanna spoil it for anyone :p sorry

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Phineas being good and Mundus feeling attachment to his unborn heir and grieving essentially disproves the theory that Demons are incapable of altruism all together

But what Phineas did in the game wasn't objectively altruistic. He manipulated Dante with the intel about Mundus's child, because Phineas had a personal grudge against Mundus, and helping Dante gain power just made him a more effective weapon against Mundus. And, in fact, he endangered Dante's own soul by helping him gain his trigger, since he had to have known what effect it would have, but he didn't warn Dante about it, because it wasn't to Phineas's benefit that Dante might refuse to take that risk. So maybe Phineas was a "good" demon in the sense that he wouldn't go out of his way to hurt anyone just for giggles the way the others would - something learned from Sparda, perhaps - but that doesn't equal decency. As for Mundus, attachment to one's genetic legacy is a base instinct. Altruism would be caring about the person carrying his child and putting himself at risk to save her and the kid, none of which happened.

Like I said, I don't like the idea of demons being incapable altruism on their own, I'm just trying to figure out the possible logic to it. Another, simpler explanation is demons are totally capable of good and Kat let her own hatred and fear of demons influence what she saw in Vergil when he triggered. I mean, she did just talk about losing one's humanity right before coming up with a plan that mass-murdered a bunch of innocent people. Maybe her being an unreliable source of morals is intentional.

zarion

Speculation aside the comic itself was pretty mediocre imo. The flow in between panels was non-existent for one.
I really don't like how they made Vergil into such a scrub. I mean a mid boss level monster was beating the crap out of him and when the actual boss came he just gave up without even trying. Then in the end he needed Kat's help to pull off a win.

My favorite part was when Vergin was afraid he would lose his humanity if he used the devil trigger again, so he erased all of his memories pertaining to the events telling him he should avoid using the devil trigger.

Also the parts where he pretends he's a shonen anime hero. RAPID SLASH!!!!

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Did anyone notice how in the 2nd comic Vergil didn't really go into DT when he split off his Doppelganger, he only did when he screamed "Devil Trigger" and got all glowy and special looking. This got my wondering because when you fight him and he goes into DT the game does go all white/gray-scale like it does when Dante uses his though it doesn't always stay for too long that way but he can keep out his doppelganger even when that part is over. It's just a theory since it would make sense his DT would be similar to Dantes and the Doppelganger part might just be one of his styles or techniques even if it still does somewhat tie into his Demon powers.

Valcorn

Can someone explain me why there's no Angel Trigger? What's the point of being half angel when they turn all demonic anyways?

Railazel

Still, that was seriously messed up what they did to the Hellfire prison. Apparently, they really are terrorists, killing innocents in the freedom fight for the entire world. That's pretty fascinating, most times heroes aren't allowed to have that kind of desperate gray morality and still be portrayed as sympathetic. I wish they had done more to emphasize that in the game, it would have been pretty complex, instead of giving the impression that the Order is vanilla good.

It was inconsistently implied in the game as well. "Inconsistently" being the key word.

chocolatepanda

Can someone explain me why there's no Angel Trigger? What's the point of being half angel when they turn all demonic anyways?
I think that was left out so they could show the demon side of Dante slowly take over which is kinda shown at the end when his eyes change. So having an AT would probably cancel out the negative affects of his DT which could come in a later game or maybe even dlc. Phineas does tell Dante that he hasnt reached his full potential so i assume he was talking about his AT.

Top Bottom