• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 5, thoughts for a great continuation

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
i would prefer to see dante fight mundus on his own power and actually kill him , not seal him like before or else have sparda resurrected with no memories or controlled somehow and have him and dante fight in a cataclysmic battle.

That's an interesting idea actually (Sparda vs Dante, I mean). But then, who would be controlling him? Mundus? So Dante would have to fight Mundus as well as Sparda, then. Well, it would cement his status as the strongest demon hunter, I suppose. It would definitively show that Dante is stronger than Sparda.

Dante goes to...

... Heaven?

THAT'S IT! Genious! I am brilliant! Copyrighten, see the logo ©←, mine now! Slapt in there and "Heaven©" on I. Now no one can steal it!

First game to ever take place in Heaven!
Expet for:
Yokai Douchuuki
Bayonetta
Disgaea
Painkiller
The New Zealand Story
and Afterlife

Hell Yeah!
same thing was what i thought

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That's an interesting idea actually (Sparda vs Dante, I mean). But then, who would be controlling him? Mundus? So Dante would have to fight Mundus as well as Sparda, then. Well, it would cement his status as the strongest demon hunter, I suppose. It would definitively show that Dante is stronger than Sparda.

yep it would be epic you could have the second last fight as sparda and once dante beats him he goes on to face the finale of mundus with no sparda power up just his own power he has gained sinve they last fought and this time he kills him once and for all giving dante the justice he sought after so long.

Nobody wants him to 'come back'; he's still there in some way. You can clearly notice that in DMC4 when Nero shouts some of Vergil's catchphrases, uses roughly the same attacks as him, etc etc. He even said 'Jackpot', a word of which Nero should not know the significance. There are many things that suggest Vergil's soul is somehow alive in Nero. That's enough for me - I really don't see the need to bring Vergil back. Not only is it a cliché, it would kind of cheapen his death too.
Maybe the Dmc continuation can be a horror game with Dante as the priest,Vergil the possessor and Nero the victim!and the rebellion is the cross!

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ya that could work but only if he is as powerful as mundus , otherwise dante will curbstomp him actually he probably will stomp him even if he is as powerful as mundus if it is set after DMC2 as dante will be god like

So there's that idea about Mundus controlling Sparda,ri8?so after the battle when dante crushes both of them,Dante is left injured.So mundus's sneaky double crosser son kills him.ooooorrr tries to kill him would be better

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
So there's that idea about Mundus controlling Sparda,ri8?so after the battle when dante crushes both of them,Dante is left injured.So mundus's sneaky double crosser son kills him.ooooorrr tries to kill him would be better

Aaaand... enter Nero? Or not... I mean, he doesn't have to be in the game, but that would still leave DMC4 an unexplained mess.
Maybe, in a way, it would make sense for Dante to die. Sparda did, or at least symbolically. Only this time, Mundus would finally be gone. Nero would serve as Dante's successor like Dante did for Sparda. Nero would turn out to be an experiment or something - like a combination of Dante and Vergil. And so, he would keep Sparda's legacy alive, and go on to have children with Kyrie. It would've been more fun if Kyrie was actually a demon, so that their children would at least be more powerful than 1/8 demon, but hey, maybe they find some way to be more powerful than other demons.

Hey i have a new but stupid idea.DAnte gets possessed or controlled and 'Mr.somebody'(i dnt kno who has to kill him)really tough.final boss battle-finding dante blob with cracked faces and dante wielding ALL his weapons.but 'Mr.Somebody'has some tricks up his sleeve too.
Oh!and Free Roam can be intro'd.can be awesome,i think

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ya i can‘t see dante dying i would see him beating sparda and mundus and then going back to devil hunting and getting nero to take over while he takes a long long vacation it would be crazy to kill him off it would make more sense for him to let nero take the reigns since he killed mundus and is not needed for fodder demons anymore as he is too powerful. He could mentor nero too

that's it!Dante mentors ......Mundus's son!but he grows really strong!(due to dante's teaching,of course)and then bad guys manipulate him(Mundus's son)and gets him to fight Dante.he fais of course but then these bad guys use Mundus's son to get revenge on him.Dante ALMOST dies but enter Vergil!he says something like"only i am allowed to beat dante" and helps him for that time and the story unfolds..........

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I really hope DMC5 gets developed. The series deserves an actual ending, and Nero deserves to go through change and mature. It would be nice if he actually became as powerful as Dante, because DMC4 sort of ****ed me off saying he's 'not in the same league'. Really... so I'm supposed to like playing as a weakling? And what about the inconsistency between the damage he does in-game vs the cutscenes? And why doesn't he have a Devil Trigger? Why a hovering ghost that looks exactly like the Devil Trigger he was supposed to get? DMC4 is confusing and maddening.

Not being in Dante's league doesn't automatically mean Nero's a weakling, but I do agree that it would be nice to see his character having the opportunity to develop further. Also, I'm pretty sure that is his devil trigger; if he is Vergil's son, he's only a quarter demon, which may explain why his DT isn't anything like either Vergil's or Dante's.

Just sayin'.

I hope Nero gets to be awesome and gets awesome weaponry. A spear? Yes, please. Or maybe a huge 'summoned spear', instead of the summoned swords. So much fun, just chucking a spear at demons. The Yamato would be used like in DMC3. The Devil Bringer can go get infected and die off, unless there's some way to explain why it even exists.
Like I said, give Nero his original Devil Trigger back. And... maybe an armored DT, sort of like Dante's Dreadnought form. However, this form will look like Nero Angelo, to further illustrate that Vergil is (probably) with him.

Am I the only one who actually like his DB? o_O But I agree on having a more refined DT; maybe the stronger he gets, the better his trigger becomes? I mean, look at Dante; his DT has changed throughout the games too, so it would be cool to see a new design for Nero's trigger, as well as new abilities.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Not being in Dante's league doesn't automatically mean Nero's a weakling, but I do agree that it would be nice to see his character having the opportunity to develop further. Also, I'm pretty sure that is his devil trigger; if he is Vergil's son, he's only a quarter demon, which may explain why his DT isn't anything like either Vergil's or Dante's.

Just sayin'.

Am I the only one who actually like his DB? o_O But I agree on having a more refined DT; maybe the stronger he gets, the better his trigger becomes? I mean, look at Dante; his DT has changed throughout the games too, so it would be cool to see a new design for Nero's trigger, as well as new abilities.

I know, but what I find odd is that Nero's Devil Trigger was originally meant to be a full demonic form, like Dante's DT. This is it:
images

So why they decided to make his DT blue and ethereal is anybody's guess. Maybe because they wanted to make it seem like Vergil's soul (or spirit) is inside the Yamato. Still, it's disappointing.

The DB is a nice addition to the gameplay, but in the end I can't bring myself to like it, because I don't know where it came from or why it even exists. The only thing Nero said about it was ''Now I know. This arm was made for sending guys like you back to hell!'', and that doesn't tell me anything. I mean, are there demons whose specific purpose is to send other demons back to hell? Or is it a reference to Sparda, because he sent demons back to hell? But that wouldn't make much sense, since Sparda didn't have an arm that looked like that, and it certainly didn't increase in size for no reason or absorb demonic abilities.
But yeah, it would be nice if there were like two or three different DTs, that reflect how Nero gains power throughout the game. And if you wanted to replay the game, that you could choose any of those forms.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
they originally intended nero to be half demon which is why there are concepts for a full demon form but when he was gona be vergils son i suppose as a quqrter devil he wouldnt have a full demon form

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
they originally intended nero to be half demon which is why there are concepts for a full demon form but when he was gona be vergils son i suppose as a quqrter devil he wouldnt have a full demon form

Has it been confirmed that they meant for him to be a half-demon?
I don't know, I don't think there are any rules for it. I doubt it's like Dragon Ball, where only full Saiyans can become SSj3/SSj4 or something. Who knows, maybe it doesn't even matter if you're 1/8 demon or 1/16th or whatever. As long as you're part demon, it could be possible to transform. They never really explained how it works.

Top Bottom