• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 5: Thoughts and Opinons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkslayer101

DR0KZ;273685 said:
Dunno to me the new Dante seems way to emo.

1284554712-5_preview.jpg

1284554712-2_preview.jpg

605600_20100915_790screen007.jpg

I fear that they are just going to scare away the people they want to attract with this char model, this guy is about as badass as my grandmother.

wats the deal with the american symbol on this jacket...dang i miss dante's hair..more like twilight version of dante...

Lerrion

Wild Ranger
it's british symbol, dude.. Since Ninja Theory is in England, if I'm not mistaken, they decided to insert a british symbol

Stileto

Vongola Boss
what u think about DMC5 Platforms ? i am sure it will get release to playstation 3 and xbox 360 but is anyone of u thinks we have a chance to get it on pc too?

Lithyia

The Last Goodbye~
Ugh. I died a little inside after watching the trailer. This has to be a joke D:. They made this new Dante character a methhead druggie hobo guy lol. And they converted his signature white hair and red trenchcoat to a bad punk-looking hairstyle and ghetto rags version of Nero's jacket. Not really my idea for a way to "westernize" him.. it's the gothic-style elements that made what DMC is now before all this :/

I still have very mixed feelings about the game. The game itself with the graphics and action look like it'll deliver. If this game didn't have DMC slapped onto it, I probably would've had a different outlook on it.

But I honestly would rather wait 10 years for Capcom to rethink this concept for DMC5 than to have this come out in the near future.

cookies_n_creeme

Silahsor;273479 said:
definetly agree with these.i'm seaching the internet for new information and i say that according to comments, 95% of people really hate this new look...

Also there is a rumour the game has the first three games story in it and dante changes along the time in gameplay,he's powers gonna awake etc. etc...

after all of the waiting...HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT...

Even people not opposed to the game itself hate the look. lol.

but yeah- this isn't DMC, it's a new game with the same title.

cookies_n_creeme

Storm Silves;270561 said:
Western touch doesn't mean RPG, it means super-violent with little to no actual involvement. Which is what I'm afraid of.

I think it means more realiztic. Not so larger-than-life. But, what they meant by it was 'create a new franchise'.

Asmodaius

I have been a fan of the Devil May Cry series since the first title was released to PS2. It's a good series with a nice background story and some cool and simple gameplay where you more or less just gets to smash alot of demons in many stylish ways.

Dante is a cool personality, being smartass and sexy looking while he swings that sword and slings those guns when hunting demons. And though he looks different in this upcoming DmC title, I -still- think he looks awesome! I embrace these changes and I am sure he will be just as cool as the Dante we know from previous games.

Don't be afraid of change, people. It is still Devil May Cry, it is still Dante, and that's the most important thing. I admit that I was disappointed with DMC4 where Nero was the main character, not that much that you got to control another character who wasn't Dante, but that he played and looked like Dante just way too much. Nero is to me just a Dante clone. They should have made him look more unique in my opinion.

In DmC, the fifth title of the series, we get to play as Dante again! He's a Dante from an alternate reality to the former DMC world, but it is still Dante!

Appearance wise, I like what they have done with him. A teen kid with short black hair and street-like look to him fits Dante's personality perfectly. Why people call him emo baffles me as Dante is nothing like an emo kid. Perhaps you should look it up what being emo means before throwing around with stereotypes like that. Just because he's a teen with black hair doesn't mean he is an emo.

From what we see in the trailer where he is chained up in an interrogation room, all beaten up, weak and somewhat mentally disturbed really draw me in. I can't wait to find out what that is all about. It seems very interesting indeed.

Also, I hope we see some of the other characters we know from previous titles return in this one with re-invented looks as well. I would personally like to see Lucia return, as I loved playing her in DMC2 as I've always had a weakness for the ninja-like characters. But also Vergil, Trish, Lady and Nero. And I would absolutely love it if we got to play as them as well, one way or the other.

Hope that we will find out more soon. ^^

demonshalo74

Look it's got wings
Someone call the cops dante has been the victim of idenity theft. I see no reason at all for the reboot. Not when they could still build off of #4 Hell if they wanted to shake things up they could give us a game with trish and lady as the leads. Best part of the anime was dante being stuck between them as they fought.Even in 4 you could see a little tension between the two of them.

Chrysander

Saying "it's still dante" doesn't mean a thing. The guy has the same name, so what? If it was Zangief but called "dante" it wouldn't be dante would it? It would be Zangief but with dante's name. So this new guy is not the dante we know.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
darkslayer101;273714 said:
wats the deal with the american symbol on this jacket...dang i miss dante's hair..more like twilight version of dante...

It's the Union Jack, British flag.

---

Overall I have to say I'm a fan of the reboot, I'm gonna put my hands up and say that after DMC4, Dante's become an insufferable douchebag in my eyes and I'm perfectly willing to give the new Dante a chance before panning the game entirely.

The trailer looks promising, I'm actually quite excited for the game.

EDIT: Also, massive lolwut at the emo tag, apparently having the slightest trace of fringe makes one emo? kk lol.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Angelo Credo;274534 said:
It's the Union Jack, British flag.

---

Overall I have to say I'm a fan of the reboot, I'm gonna put my hands up and say that after DMC4, Dante's become an insufferable douchebag in my eyes and I'm perfectly willing to give the new Dante a chance before panning the game entirely.

The trailer looks promising, I'm actually quite excited for the game.

EDIT: Also, massive lolwut at the emo tag, apparently having the slightest trace of fringe makes one emo? kk lol.

Pretty much a summary of my opinion as well.

Asmodaius

Chrysander;274533 said:
Saying "it's still dante" doesn't mean a thing. The guy has the same name, so what? If it was Zangief but called "dante" it wouldn't be dante would it? It would be Zangief but with dante's name. So this new guy is not the dante we know.

Oh, eww, Zangief as Dante. XD
Alright, if they did make it like that, then I would be quite disappointed myself and also question if it truly is Dante or not.

However, that is not exactly what they have done here. What I mean with "he is still Dante" is that this teen boy we see in the trailer could still turn out to be the white haired hotty from the previous games. I could easily imagine that Dante was thought to be a psychotic rebel as a teen by other people. The boy jumps around and kills demons, has superhuman strength and reflexes... To "normal" people, he could easily be stated to be some crazy person!

He might not look exactly like his former incarnations, but to me, he is still the same Dante.

Vampi

GamblingGambitCloud;273756 said:
i dont think so...he doesnt seem to be as retarded or gay..i mean at least "dante" doesn t sparkle in the sun

We haven't seen him DT though so you never know

Tekken Force

Dante without the silver hair? Hahahahahaha how ridiculous.

At first I was still excited about this when I saw the trailer - however now I'm hearing this is going to be a reboot?

So basically this is a different game with the DMC branding slapped on?

I'm trying to reserve judgment on this so far because we still have little information so far, but the lack of the number "5" after the title and the change in Dante's hair color just says that this is a reimagining, a hard reset, something I don't really want. The idea of all the plots and elements from the first 4 games being thrown out the window is what I like the least. This really feels like it's designed as a jumping-on point for a new gen of DMC fans.

No rebellion, no amulet and probably no devil trigger? Eeesh.

Remember Mundus in DMC1 saying he would one day return? I really wanted one final "kitchen sink" Devil May Cry game where ALL the old favorite characters make an appearance in some form or another and Dante (you know, the proper Dante from DMC4) has to take on Mundus for the final time.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Tekken Force;275054 said:
Remember Mundus in DMC1 saying he would one day return? I really wanted one final "kitchen sink" Devil May Cry game where ALL the old favorite characters make an appearance in some form or another and Dante (you know, the proper Dante from DMC4) has to take on Mundus for the final time.

It's kinda sad to me that now I wish we could get this too. Once upon a time I posted that as long as we had (the real)Dante and he had demons to smoosh, the series could go on forever and I'd buy it every time. X)

Now I'm so scared its going to go the way of Firefly and this new stuff is going to take over that I'd actually rather have an epic finale (without killing Dante, hahaha. I hate finales where everyone just DIES.) At least it'd be a measure of closure instead of wondering if I'm ever to see Dante-classic and the familiar Team DMC again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom