• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 5: Thoughts and Opinons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Hey everyone, I'm just curious on what everyone thinks of the new "Westernized" approach Ninja Theory is taking on. For me personally...I think it might be more action, no plot. No Vergil what-so ever and I'm thinking and Nero won't be in the picture @ all...it may even start from where DMC 2 left off.

I really hope I'm wrong about the no plot stuff, I would like some answers even if they are subtle ones about Nero and his past. So I want to know what you guys think of!

bobek388

Bobek388
The same as I wrote in the other thread:

So if it will have a "western touch" do they mean there will be something like

staff of light +10 against demons +50 life?
will we level up and add points to abilities?
or will it be nonlinear game? (I hope not it doesn't suit DMC series)
I hope that they don't mean something like that because I won't buy DMC then and I will hate capcom.

The only different game genre I know between west and east is:
wRPG and eRPG.

And why the f*** is ninja theory working at DMC? They're s*** from what I know.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Western touch doesn't mean RPG, it means super-violent with little to no actual involvement. Which is what I'm afraid of.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Ewww, I hope that's not the case or else I won't buy it for sure! DMC is a hack'em, slash'em type deal...Yeah sure I get the deal with trying to attract other people but keep it consistant man!

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Faustinasa;270570 said:
Ewww, I hope that's not the case or else I won't buy it for sure! DMC is a hack'em, slash'em type deal...Yeah sure I get the deal with trying to attract other people but keep it consistant man!

I think with DMC consistency went out of the window a long time ago.

tamsyg

After seeing images of what is suppose to be Dante but looks like Edward from twilight on drugs,I will not be buying this game.
085707.html

Rage06

Yes he looks like a crack head xD but even so i will be looking forward to further news and definately will be buying this!

I say we make enough noise so they atleast get a bit of that emo look out of dante and make him look more like the cool young Dante of DMC 3.

I hope they stick to the story line (yes i know its a refresh) but keep it in line with dmc 1 & 3

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
Rage06;273471 said:
I say we make enough noise so they atleast get a bit of that emo look out of dante and make him look more like the cool young Dante of DMC 3.

I hope they stick to the story line (yes i know its a refresh) but keep it in line with dmc 1 & 3

definetly agree with these.i'm seaching the internet for new information and i say that according to comments, 95% of people really hate this new look...

Also there is a rumour the game has the first three games story in it and dante changes along the time in gameplay,he's powers gonna awake etc. etc...

after all of the waiting...HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT...

heatlancer

1# Trickster
in my opinion ninja theory was a mistake, those guys can't make a game worth squat, and their male character designs is always emoish and just plain wierd

dw2g

i really im not looking foward to this game. i feel like ninja theory has just killed DMC. why change a character that was not broken to begain with

Ats

At the beginning of the trailer, the voice says something about 'Subject: 64432B' (Dante)

The numbers happen to be a hexadecimal color. (computers, web codes and image programs use it) And that color in normal-people talk is brown. Maybe that has something to do with something. I don't know, I'm just brainstorming here.

http://www.color-hex.com/color/64432b

But me, myself, have no anger against Dante's appearance change. And I really don't start to criticize a game after seeing just one trailer and some pictures.

DR0KZ

Dunno to me the new Dante seems way to emo.

1284554712-5_preview.jpg

1284554712-2_preview.jpg

605600_20100915_790screen007.jpg

I fear that they are just going to scare away the people they want to attract with this char model, this guy is about as badass as my grandmother.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
he looks cool....but...i like the other Dante better...idk...im caught between...personally i think the forum is gonna be split between those who like him and those who dont

Meg

^ I like him as an original character, but not as Dante. Not that I've vented I'm gonna try to stay reasonable and wait for more news on the game. As haaaaard as that will be.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
I`m happy this shame will not come out on the PC platform.
I like how you described Dante as Edward on drugs, so true! :D
Lol, back to DMC 3 and 4 guys, because this certainly isn`t DMC. If you know what DMC means and what it is - you`ll agree with me.

Lerrion

Wild Ranger
Lol... What an ugly mug. That's not Dante... That is some kid super high on speedball, thinkin' himself as a legendary demon slayer.... Even if the game is going to be good, I already hate Ninja Theory for destroying such a charismatic personality - Dante, Son of Sparda... Instead of a ****y, aristocratic-like silver haired young man who shoot moronic, but funny jokes and remarks, we see some 18 year old emo boy. But no, the look of this individual is vulgar, bold. This one lives in illusion that he rebels against the system. DMC3 young Dante was way better - he simply didn't give a damn about the system, didn't even tried to stand up against it....

One more thing. Looking at the trailer, I noticed a cliche. "Rehabilitation program, subject 644..." And Dante is held in some chamber. It is OBVIOUS that they commenced some sort of experiments on Dante. Come on! Can't these ninja theory fools think of something better than that ? Wolverine went through this, Alma gone through this, that chick from Elven Lied anime, Alice from Resident Evil movies went through thisas well! A cliche used billion times! Even DMC4 story is better than that! =(((( Lack of imagination is killing me... And they call themselves game developers. What capcom were thinking? Only one that may save the game - the action.... I hope it's gonna as colorful, fast paced and full of neat stuff like previous installments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom