• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 4: Lucifer blades duration? DmC Combat stuff are welcome too.

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
Heyya guys! I'm fairly new here.

I've been trying to know how long a pinned lucifer blade on an enemy lasts before it explodes. I get different results. :/ (Or maybe I'm not good at using a stopwatch)

DmC Combat tips/tricks are welcome too.

Oh and, also dump any DMC4/DmC gifs you made or found around the internet :p

Here's mine
... looks like I need 10 posts before I can Upload any link. :mad:
nvm

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
nVU1yiE.gif

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Hey, I believe the swords take 10 seconds roughly to explode when in an enemy (so about 8 on Turbo) and less time when just floating (maybe 5 secs) I haven't played around with them for a while and just go on feeling now but I'm fairly positive those are the times.

I'm currently uploading an Inertia tutorial video for someone so I'll post that in here when it's done.

Nice thread :)

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
DMC4-wise: this is a good question. I actually have no idea, although I played DMC4 recently and found that it's takes an awfully long time for the pins to explode. I wind up killing the enemy before Lucifer gets a chance to take effect, lol.
I also don't know if there's a particular time the pins endure to then explode, although I highly doubt this. So far the results (from my knowledge of it) are inaccurate.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I'll be getting my own copy of DMC4 very soon so i think i can contribute with more precise data to your topic, but sadly my knowledge and practice goes most towards DMC3, about things that DMC4 carried on from DMC3 (double-switching practice, jump-cancels, guard-cancels, switch-cancels, etc) i can try to answer your questions, feel free to ask! So about DMC4 specific mechanics i can't tell you too much right now but there are avid DMC4 players (even if the majority are a bit inactive) here in these forums like ChaserTech, SpawnShooter, Terrutas, NostalgicRobotX and so on.

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
Hey, I believe the swords take 10 seconds roughly to explode when in an enemy (so about 8 on Turbo) and less time when just floating (maybe 5 secs) I haven't played around with them for a while and just go on feeling now but I'm fairly positive those are the times.

I'm currently uploading an Inertia tutorial video for someone so I'll post that in here when it's done.

Nice thread :)

So it takes 10/8(turbo mode) seconds when pinned and 5 (3 on turbo?lol) seconds when it's just floating around? Thanks mate!
I've been searching a inertia combo vid by taka(?) The name of the vid was Inertia 2.5. Sadly he/she took down her vids last year I think. It's good to hear someone is making another inertia tutorial though. Looking forward to it! :)

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
DMC4-wise: this is a good question. I actually have no idea, although I played DMC4 recently and found that it's takes an awfully long time for the pins to explode. I wind up killing the enemy before Lucifer gets a chance to take effect, lol.
I also don't know if there's a particular time the pins endure to then explode, although I highly doubt this. So far the results (from my knowledge of it) are inaccurate.

Same here! My pinned lucifer blades won't explode whenever I want them to
e.g. Juggling a bianco angelo then charging up a roundtrip then see the enemy walking around when you expected them to stay on the air :/

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
I'll be getting my own copy of DMC4 very soon so i think i can contribute with more precise data to your topic, but sadly my knowledge and practice goes most towards DMC3, about things that DMC4 carried on from DMC3 (double-switching practice, jump-cancels, guard-cancels, switch-cancels, etc) i can try to answer your questions, feel free to ask! So about DMC4 specific mechanics i can't tell you too much right now but there are avid DMC4 players (even if the majority are a bit inactive) here in these forums like ChaserTech, SpawnShooter, Terrutas, NostalgicRobotX and so on.

The only mechanics that I'm still struggling on is single weapon switching(Kinda weird right? I keep on double switching especially on moments on juggling when I only specifically need height gain or when I need to lower my elevation on the enemy ) , Inertia and flying guard. What is switch cancel though? I've never heard that term before. Would you care to elaborate? Oh and thanks! :D

I've been watching tutorial vids by chasertech for a long time now. I think I've seen Spawnshooter back then when I was lurking around at ifnernal designs. Terrutas and NostalgicRobotX doesn't ring a bell to me. But it would be great to have a talk with them sometime!

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
The only mechanics that I'm still struggling on is single weapon switching(Kinda weird right? I keep on double switching especially on moments on juggling when I only specifically need height gain or when I need to lower my elevation on the enemy ) , Inertia and flying guard. What is switch cancel though? I've never heard that term before. Would you care to elaborate? Oh and thanks! :D

I've been watching tutorial vids by chasertech for a long time now. I think I've seen Spawnshooter back then when I was lurking around at ifnernal designs. Terrutas and NostalgicRobotX doesn't ring a bell to me. But it would be great to have a talk with them sometime!

Switch-cancels refer to cancelling the recovery frames of some moves by switching to another devil arm and perform one attack with them, it's something used by most DMC players but sometimes they don't even realize it. It's specially useful with Vergil seem that most of his combo finishers have some slow recovery.

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
I think everyone knows here this stuff. I noticed this earlier so I might just share it

The Level 3 charge blue rose shot detonates after 3 seconds(Turbo mode). Also start the countdown for the detonation when the fire/smoke on the enemy immediately disappears to have more accurate results for follow ups.

RLCsU2C.gif

Oh and some more Donte Squarepants :troll:

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
Switch-cancels refer to cancelling the recovery frames of some moves by switching to another devil arm and perform one attack with them, it's something used by most DMC players but sometimes they don't even realize it. It's specially useful with Vergil seem that most of his combo finishers have some slow recovery.

Oh, So an attack with Gilgamesh then immediately switching to Lucifer is considered a switch cancel? I've been doing it without realizing and knowing what It was called XD

Oh man, I miss dmc3 vergil. I wish my ps2 is still working :/

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Oh, So an attack with Gilgamesh then immediately switching to Lucifer is considered a switch cancel? I've been doing it without realizing and knowing what It was called XD

Oh man, I miss dmc3 vergil. I wish my ps2 is still working :/

Basically, it work in DMC4 too, but as i said: i cannot just load the game right now and tell you if it have some fundamental differences compared with DMC3, but i believe that it's nearly the same thing.

Get the HD Collection when you can, man! Even with some issues, it was worth the money for me, i play the hell out of DMC3 and DMC until today.

And here is some other practical usage of switch-cancelling, before i even knowing the existence of JC i used a lot these airborne examples the video shows to sustain my juggles.

Starts near 6:28.

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
Basically, it work in DMC4 too, but as i said: i cannot just load the game right now and tell you if it have some fundamental differences compared with DMC3, but i believe that it's nearly the same thing.

Get the HD Collection when you can, man! Even with some issues, it was worth the money for me, i play the hell out of DMC3 and DMC until today.

And here is some other practical usage of switch-cancelling, before i even knowing the existence of JC i used a lot these airborne examples the video shows to sustain my juggles.

Starts near 6:28.

The buffering on DMC3 is pretty crazy. I only thought that buffering existed in DMC4 and DmC.
And the switch cancel seemed vital for longer juggling in DMC3. I never thought switch cancelling with rebellion and beowulf kinda makes you glide or something!

I'm still in my hometown and there are no shops for xbox360/ps3 games around here. Hopefully I will get my own copy of HD collection once I'm back studying at my university.

Oh well, I'm kinda sleepy now. And thanks for tips man! :p

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I've been searching a inertia combo vid by taka(?) The name of the vid was Inertia 2.5. Sadly he/she took down her vids last year I think. It's good to hear someone is making another inertia tutorial though. Looking forward to it! :)

It's funny you should mention Taka actually. My video's kinda dedicated to her even down to using K-On! music.

We used to chat occasionally and she was really nice and friendly, I was really sad when she closed her account.
The Inertia 2.5 video has been re-uploaded by someone (can't remember who) and I'm fairly sure Taka still uploads just under a different name, but I won't say who I think it is ;)

Anyway here's my Inertia video.
I'd just like to say sorry for the Sky Running at the end, it can be done much faster and more efficiently. I'm still practicing it myself but thought it was an important thing to add in. Let me know what you guys think :D

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD

Who lives in Limbo under demon king rule
Donte square pants!
Is swarming with "f*ck yous" for those to see
Donte sqarepants
if angsty nonsense is something you wish
Donte sqarepants
then drop the controller and get SSS quick
Donte sqarepants
Donte sqarepants
Donte sqarepants
Donte sqarepants
DONTEEE SQAREPAAAAANTS Hahaha! ooh, f*ck you.:troll:

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
It's funny you should mention Taka actually. My video's kinda dedicated to her even down to using K-On! music.

We used to chat occasionally and she was really nice and friendly, I was really sad when she closed her account.
The Inertia 2.5 video has been re-uploaded by someone (can't remember who) and I'm fairly sure Taka still uploads just under a different name, but I won't say who I think it is ;)

Anyway here's my Inertia video.
I'd just like to say sorry for the Sky Running at the end, it can be done much faster and more efficiently. I'm still practicing it myself but thought it was an important thing to add in. Let me know what you guys think :D

Great tutorial! I really liked the samples for inertia and bullet magnetism. Sky running is pretty cool, though I'd probably stick to guard flying first lol

Did taka mentioned any reason why she closed her account? That really bugs me.I was really hoping for her to release more vids then pooofff. .
I was like " I'll save this vid to my favorites so I can refer to this as a tutorial vid! " then I was like "WHERE THE F**K IS IT?" :(

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
Who lives in Limbo under demon king rule
Donte square pants!
Is swarming with "f*ck yous" for those to see
Donte sqarepants
if angsty nonsense is something you wish
Donte sqarepants
then drop the controller and get SSS quick
Donte sqarepants
Donte sqarepants
Donte sqarepants