• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 4 Art book, what might have been left out.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
So in one of my previous threads i said that DMC 4 might have been incomplete and i posted a video about a guy who talks about how various sources confirmed that it was incomplete. so this is like the follow up to that video, the same guy made a vid about the artwork, all of it is just speculation but hey those are some pretty good ideas that what dmc might have ended up to be. so here it is....
Oh and everybody please for the love of god and for the sake of a good discussion do not go off topic talking about how DmC is bad or DMC is bad and stuff since thats the reason the previous thread got locked. OK since we got that clear lets start the discussion :)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So in one of my previous threads i said that DMC 4 might have been incomplete and i posted a video about a guy who talks about how various sources confirmed that it was incomplete. so this is like the follow up to that video, the same guy made a vid about the artwork, all of it is just speculation but hey those are some pretty good ideas that what dmc might have ended up to be. so here it is....
Oh and everybody please for the love of god and for the sake of a good discussion do not go off topic talking about how DmC is bad or DMC is bad and stuff since thats the reason the previous thread got locked. OK since we got that clear lets start the discussion :)

Most of these ideas should be reused in some way like having Nero and Kyrie be a part of a reformed version of The Order that just focus more on being a military force rather than a theocracy.

But i will take his word for the artbook being unfinished. Hopefully capcom does turn DMC4 around and make it something special.

Last edited:

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.

Don't go around cat my threads dammit...and you didn't post this video I did...go back and have a look at one of my posts i.e. this.... http://devilmaycry.org/threads/a-lot-of-content-just-not-a-lot-of-time.19830/

If you're going to post this thread then...at least reference me why don't you!!!?

Last edited:

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Don't go around cat my threads dammit...and you didn't post this video I did...go back and have a look at one of my posts i.e. this.... http://devilmaycry.org/threads/a-lot-of-content-just-not-a-lot-of-time.19830/

If you're going to post that video up...at least reference me why don't you!!!?
My friend im sorry but i didn't notice that it was posted by you until seeing it now. like you ive been following listening to this guy for a quite a while i even uploaded previous vids of his before in a thread but sadly it was locked by the staff members because people were arguing in it. like i said before i didnt know that you posted this vid or else i wouldve referenced you and even if saw that you posted a thread about this vid i wouldve never made anew one because its already an existing topic. so im sorry i didnt notice someone posted this before, im an old member and i can ensure you i dont copy other peoples stuff. that being said im gonna ask the staff to lock or delete the thread

DanteSparda08

My friend im sorry but i didn't notice that it was posted by you until seeing it now. like you ive been following listening to this guy for a quite a while i even uploaded previous vids of his before in a thread but sadly it was locked by the staff members because people were arguing in it. like i said before i didnt know that you posted this vid or else i wouldve referenced you and even if saw that you posted a thread about this vid i wouldve never made anew one because its already an existing topic. so im sorry i didnt notice someone posted this before, im an old member and i can ensure you i dont copy other peoples stuff. that being said im gonna ask the staff to lock or delete the thread

Don't do that I want to hear what other people have to say about the concept art...so leave it be alright.

DanteSparda08

but that way their would be two threads of the same topic since yours is the original we can use that and lock this one.

I'd feel guilty if this thread was removed and besides you had good intentions so keep it....open Ok

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I'm still waiting for UDON Entertainment to localize the Devil May Cry 3142 Graphic Arts book. It has a lot of delicious details on all the original games, as well as a pleasant nod to DmC.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
probably the biggest evidence of the game being unfinished is dante's weaponry. In the DMC universe, when a powerful demon dies, its soul manifests as a weapon bearing that demon's name. Cerberus the dog dies and becomes cerberus the nunchucks, beowulf the dog-thing dies and becomes beowulf the sweet-ass punchy ****. Seems reasonable.

Then DMC4 comes along. Dante kills bael and gets a weapon called pandora. Echidna dies and you get gilgamesh, berial dies and you get lucifer. What?

If I had to guess, they had three different bosses planned for dante, and already had the weapons from those bosses finished, but then a huge crunch hit and instead of dante fighting lucifer, gilgamesh, and pandora, he goes through some recycled nero fights, and the mismatched weapons are explained by saying that those bosses were just not strong enough to become weapons (which is laughable) and that the other weapons are just in the background, with no real explanation.

Most of the art book stuff in that video is off the mark. It is 100% common for artists to churn out hundreds of concept arts for a character which are not intended to appear in game at all, including references pieces from their backstory (which helps shape design and art for what actually will be in game). Seeing nero drawn a certain way in the art book does not mean he was meant to appear that way in the game.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
probably the biggest evidence of the game being unfinished is dante's weaponry. In the DMC universe, when a powerful demon dies, its soul manifests as a weapon bearing that demon's name. Cerberus the dog dies and becomes cerberus the nunchucks, beowulf the dog-thing dies and becomes beowulf the sweet-ass punchy ****. Seems reasonable.

Then DMC4 comes along. Dante kills bael and gets a weapon called pandora. Echidna dies and you get gilgamesh, berial dies and you get lucifer. What?
I do believe that Lady said something about the Order of the Sword collecting Devil Arms for some "devious purpose", which turned out to be demonic experimentation and the creation of numerous "faux-Hellgates." That would explain why none of the Devil Arms match their respective bosses.

Besides, to my knowledge, DMC3 was the only game that made it a thing. In DMC1, Alastor, Ifrit, and the Nightmare Beta were just relics that Dante collected from around the castle. I wouldn't call the "power manifestation" thing a trademark of the DMC universe by any means.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
I do believe that Lady said something about the Order of the Sword collecting Devil Arms for some "devious purpose", which turned out to be demonic experimentation and the creation of numerous "faux-Hellgates." That would explain why none of the Devil Arms match their respective bosses.

Besides, to my knowledge, DMC3 was the only game that made it a thing. In DMC1, Alastor, Ifrit, and the Nightmare Beta were just relics that Dante collected from around the castle. I wouldn't call the "power manifestation" thing a trademark of the DMC universe by any means.
yeah, I guess you could argue it's more of an itsuno trademark. It's still itsuno running DMC4 though, and even in previous DMC games where the demons you killed didn't immediately become weapons, the in-game encyclopedias still described the weapons as being constructed from demons, usually with the same names. I find it really odd that itsuno would bust out big names in the infernal realm, like lucifer and pandora, just to have them not be more significant.

Then again this is the same series where the crystalized souls of every heroic spirit are used to power a single elevator, so I could very well be wrong on this

Top Bottom