• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 3 - Been a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtsilva

Devil-Spawn
Well there I was, gloating that I've finished DMC 4 in all modes and that even though I haven't played DMC3 in a while, I've done the same thing there.

Well...I was SSSHOCKED beyond belief when I realised that I was still on Mission 14, DMD, DMC3! So I decided to see why the HECK I'm still there when I played and got my butt whooped by those floating angel things with the mouths on their chests!! HAhaHAha!

It's been a while since playing on my PS2 (Thank you large x-box controller) so I'm getting the hang of playing DMC3 again and actually got past Mission 14. Just weird when I'm so used to the awesome DMC4 graphics and gameplay :)(Can't switch styles on the go) but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

Keaton

Premium
I love Devil May Cry 3, I also recently returned to it to jam on Nevan once again - it was awesome, tearing up hordes of enemies, it was particually fun since I rarely used to use Nevan at all: it was always Rebellion/Agni + Rudra and Beowolf ^^

Gtsilva

Devil-Spawn
I always use Rebellion/Cerebrus and Ebony&Ivory/Kalina Ann coupled with extreme L3 Trickster for awesome dodging. Funny enoughm I don't really know why I even stopped playing DMC3 as right now I'm on Mission 18 of DMD. Must say I missed playing the game!! When I'm done, I think I'll try using all the other weapons like Nevan.

quiksilvershado

Dodge this!!!
I started playing it again a few weeks ago, and decided to do an entire run through only using trickster and rebellion and E&I. lots of fun to be had there :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
Great game but i don't like playing a game in slow motion. i dunno how i made DMD mode and how i ran through it all even once... I mean when i play it goes half as fast as it should. When dante does a stinger attack it takes around 2 seconds before it is done. I don't really wanna go back to the game because of that.

Gtsilva

Devil-Spawn
Damn Stage! I used to hate chess (cos I couldn't play it) and all the games that I enjoy playing, have some sort of chess game to them e.g Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone - Wizard Chess to get to Professor Quirell, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Achievement - Beat all Wizard Chess champions, DMC3 Mission 18, fight a HORDE of DEMONIC CHESS PIECES!!!

Keaton

Premium
^I love that stage, the enemies are very annoying :D
I reccomend killing off the weaker enemies first so you have more room to manover ^^

Red

I still think that DMC3 has better gameplay than DMC4 and I also think DMC4 is easier than DMC3... Can someone corroborate this?

Pantera Queen

Gtsilva;178027 said:
Damn Stage! I used to hate chess (cos I couldn't play it) and all the games that I enjoy playing, have some sort of chess game to them e.g Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone - Wizard Chess to get to Professor Quirell, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Achievement - Beat all Wizard Chess champions, DMC3 Mission 18, fight a HORDE of DEMONIC CHESS PIECES!!!

Keaton;178028 said:
^I love that stage, the enemies are very annoying :D
I reccomend killing off the weaker enemies first so you have more room to manover ^^

Yeah that stage is very fun and hard on DMD mode!!!! It makes a good challenge:lol: I usually just keep hitting the King with Beowulf until it wakes up and then try killing it to get it over with faster.

Keaton

Premium
Red;178150 said:
I still think that DMC3 has better gameplay than DMC4 and I also think DMC4 is easier than DMC3... Can someone corroborate this?

Its all down to personal opinion, personally I feel that aside from the minor mechnical tweaks and the introduction of Nero that Devil May Cry 4 was a roaring failure.

It lacked any true variation and fighting the bosses not just twice but three times just made me feel incredibly bored by the time I was on my last stretch. Sure, it was fun to fight them with Nero and Dante seperatly, but retracing steps just got dull and there was no longer that "wow whats going to happen next" feeling when I entered a new area -- except when I encounted Blitz for the first time that is ^^

I adore Devil May Cry 3, if they remade it with Devil May Cry 4s mechnics and graphics well...I doubt I would ever play another game again.

I did find Devil May Cry 4 easier, but not because it WAS easier, but because after just a single playthough you had an intricate knowlege of the levels and bosses that it was no longer a true challenge. Whereas Devil May Cry 3 did atleash mix-up the levels when you retraced your steps.

Gtsilva

Devil-Spawn
Ah man I'm still stuck on this stage, I've tried everything, switched styles, waited for the King to awake and tried attacking him but I still can't win. Maybe it's cos I don't want to use items like a Large Green Gem Star...damn frustrating.

Gtsilva

Devil-Spawn
STILL!!!!!!!!! Maybe I do suck, I can't get past this stage and I want to have a badass fight vs Vergil in Mission 20!!!

Keaton

Premium
^Take your time, kill of weaker enemies to give yourself some breathing room, use KA to kill off the weaker foes from a distance, either that or Spiral. A+R, or Beowolf work fantastically here. The hardest foe IMO is Queenie, kill some pawns etc and then take her down :D

Gtsilva

Devil-Spawn
Yeah that Queen is a real (insert nice word here) pain!! I kill of the pawns, kill of the horse things but that Queen just comes ripping out of nowhere and then those pieces that open up and shoot the red lasers always seem to catch me just as I land from dodging the Queen. Thanks for the advice though Keaton, taking my time.

aoshi

DMC 3 still rocks cuz there are many combos that i keep creating and the game does not get boring. Howeever DMD is a real pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom