• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2011 E3 Trailer Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
After seeing the trailer many times as I have noticed (in 1:00min) that when dante is surrounded by marionettes so it reminds me of Vergil in DMC3 one of those cutscene where he also was surrounded red devil marionettes, and at the end of the trailer after he has defeated the boss in the church, where he walks calmly across that reminds me a bit of Vergil.

Do you think maybe they have tried to include both Vergil and Dante's character in one character in the new Dante? Thought maybe that since many of the fans like Vergil well..

And if they have done it, than they have made a big mistake! Because Vergil should be a separate character if they going to have him to be part of the DmC game, not mixed with Dante.

Railazel

i don't think it's so much of him "revealing" his true form when fighting demons as it seems to be more of a DT for this dante...and i think the flames just appear when he activates it...as for further analysis of the trailer, did anyone else notice dante using the summoned swords?

After seeing the trailer many times as I have noticed (in 1:00min) that when dante is surrounded by marionettes so it reminds me of Vergil in DMC3 one of those cutscene where he also was surrounded red devil marionettes, and at the end of the trailer after he has defeated the boss in the church, where he walks calmly across that reminds me a bit of Vergil.

Do you think maybe they have tried to include both Vergil and Dante's character in one character in the new Dante? Thought maybe that since many of the fans like Vergil well..

And if they have done it, than they have made a big mistake! Because Vergil should be a separate character if they going to have him to be part of the DmC game, not mixed with Dante.

I have a feeling that this new "Dante" isn't covering for Dante alone... Vergil might actually be a part of this and probably holds a more "personal" role than we might realize.

To elaborate, Dante is extremely ruthless now, right? Who else do we know is extremely ruthless? Folks, I have a feeling that Dante isn't struggling with his past, he juggling with two different personalities, thus the "what is your name?" part in the first trailer. Yay for Vergils return?

It may be a little crazy, but it does make sense. The new Dante doesn't wear the usual red coat but is a mix of red and blue, and his personality is cold, silent, and merciless. Not only that but seemingly he's struggling with some personality issues, he's going through some kind of therapy and he's in a world that is seemingly made of illusions.

Seriously, if I see any more hints of Vergil being a part of this Dante, I'm going to have a fit! I just hope I'm wrong.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
If Vergil is a part of Dante then this reboot is going to look even more like crap in my eyes.

Seriously that would be completely lame in my honest opinion.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
Maybe Capcom thinks that the idea of ​​mixing Dante and Vergil's character in a new character will be the best dmc game ever, because they have both brothers character in one new character that contains both of them?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Maybe Capcom thinks that the idea of ​​mixing Dante and Vergil's character in a new character will be the best dmc game ever, because they have both brothers character in one new character that contains both of them?

How in the world could Capcom think something so ridiculous such as combining two brothers who both have a huge fanbase due to there differences and rivalry be a good idea?

Capcom may be trying to go a "new route" with this one but combining Vergil and Dante would not only be a stupid thing to do fanbase wise it would also be a dumb thing to do business and story wise.

Not saying that the theory is even likely (which I don't think it is) but come on people.

Meg

Actually, since Capcom's aim seems to be to get new fans with this game it wouldn't be so stupid. Original fans may think its dumb, but new fans who don't know who Vergil is will just see it as a guy struggling to understand who he is in a world that doesn't really exist illusion. See that makes perfect sense! XD Oh, they might as well throw Nero and one other character into Dante as well because then he can have Quadrophenia! ;)

aka958

Don't trust people
I like how DMC4 was also aimed at new fans.

Capcom doesn't give a crap about their fanbase or something? .-.

^DMC4 is made just for commercial success, they just added few new characters who behave like puss**s and a love story to attract children and teens, when making DMC4 I think that they didn't really care for the quality of storyline and the game itself.
If this game would have more mature storyline it could attract even more fans then just continuing that "lame" (Kyrieeeee Kyrieee, now do you know what i mean ;)) story from DMC4 and if it doesn't who cares, I think it will have more quality than DMC4.

Don't degrade my opinion just because you disagree.....leave my theory be.
If you have to add something speak freely...

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
I like the idea of him having Dissociative Identity Disorder. It would make total sense because then they can have some demonic, mad scientist (not unlike Agnus) who splits the personalities and gives them their own bodies. That would be pretty epic and would be the first game i've seen to correctly show a psychological disorder. I like the idea that he thinks he's crazy and everyone thinks he's crazy and then they find a way to merge this fantasy or whatever with the real world. It's totally a game that i've been looking for and I would love to see them do this.

Meg

I like the idea of him having Dissociative Identity Disorder. It would make total sense because then they can have some demonic, mad scientist (not unlike Agnus) who splits the personalities and gives them their own bodies. That would be pretty epic and would be the first game i've seen to correctly show a psychological disorder. I like the idea that he thinks he's crazy and everyone thinks he's crazy and then they find a way to merge this fantasy or whatever with the real world. It's totally a game that i've been looking for and I would love to see them do this.
If they did it right it would be pretty interesting to see a game's story portrayed from the view of a person with two personalities. Perhaps the world itself would change depending on which personality was present at the time.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I have a feeling that this new "Dante" isn't covering for Dante alone... Vergil might actually be a part of this and probably holds a more "personal" role than we might realize.

To elaborate, Dante is extremely ruthless now, right? Who else do we know is extremely ruthless? Folks, I have a feeling that Dante isn't struggling with his past, he juggling with two different personalities, thus the "what is your name?" part in the first trailer. Yay for Vergils return?

It may be a little crazy, but it does make sense. The new Dante doesn't wear the usual red coat but is a mix of red and blue, and his personality is cold, silent, and merciless. Not only that but seemingly he's struggling with some personality issues, he's going through some kind of therapy and he's in a world that is seemingly made of illusions.

Seriously, if I see any more hints of Vergil being a part of this Dante, I'm going to have a fit! I just hope I'm wrong.

i dont see it because he is wearing red and black in the trailers not blue. plus i always saw dante as ruthless and cold because i never got the feeling he cared about the people he was saving in 3 and four. OK OK 3 has the excuse of it being a plot point and character progression but four was them being lazy. If anything im guessing dante will be more like nero as in he cares about others now and vergil will probably get the devil bringer which is cool.

Virago

Not listening.
The trailer looks pretty good and enjoyed OP's analysis of Dante. I must admit I was a little disappointed at first with the cathedralesque background we saw toward the middle/end of it; I was hoping for something a little more industrial to go with the reboot. Otherwise, the gameplay and general design look consistent with other DMC titles. Not sure what everyone's complaining about there unless people are still hung up on Dante's hair color.

I think the trailer hinted at some of the psychological issues with the background (including a European style downtown with actual NPC humans walking around) melting away and with the phrases written in red at the beginning such as "their truth is a lie." Maybe Dante will be delusional and stuck between his visions and reality? Maybe he's falling further into it, like when the church pews fell into perfect order? I don't think NT would go in the "the demon world doesn't really exist" direction, but it looks like half the world we saw wasn't meant to be real.

Virgil existing within Dante would be an interesting storyline to say the least, and the Dante is a cold SOB like Virgil, but if you remember the interview with the developers, they said they wanted Dante to have a harder edge. Which usually means less wise-cracking and flamenco dancing (ahem, Lucifer weapon) and more kicking ass.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
So, when will Dante and Vergil be splitted? Maybe Dante can be wise-cracking and fun further throughout the games. He could find happiness throughout the game right?

O.G.

Dino's Meth supplier
My impression of the new trailer:

The first trailer was EXCELLENT! I liked everything about it! Except for Dante's looks... They ****ed up Dante.
And I loved the psycho-evaluation bla bla... If you're going to make a totally different DMC in 2011, then psycho-bullshit is the right way to go! (I'm being honest here)

BUT, for the second trailer:
Oh my god! OH MY FRIGGIN' GOD!! HOW COULD YOU **** DMC UP THIS MUCH???
The lame soundtrack!? Dante Super-Saiyan!? (IT IS DONE ALREADY, IT'S NOT ORIGINAL AND IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!) GTA-style bullets/shooting? (IT LOOKS REALLY, REALLY BAD!!!)

- The textures/graphics look like the developers didn't spend a lot of time in this... (don't tell me that this is still pre-production... This crap isn't going to be fixed in a production release)

- The movements of the character and AI look bad, too. (Normal and fighting movements look like it's buggy, twitchy or does Dante have Parkinson?)

- Last, but not least: the overall gameplay is not going to be fluent and powerful like the others. I don't think that it'll be slow or something, but even if the movements are fixed and are more fluent.. you'll still keep the dull feel about this new game (you can have that with GTA or Prince of Persia, but it's not DMC's style AT ALL, or for a game with this fighting style for the matter). It needs to be fast. If not, forget about the fast reactions, fast combos, etc. in the previous games. You need to be a master in Zen if you're a hardcore fan to play this new game. Even new players will feel that something's wrong.

Conclusion:

I've been waiting for a long time for a new DMC game and was really annoyed about the long wait... But if this is close to what we'll get, then I don't mind to wait for a few more years.

P.S. The Dante we see in the trailers may not be Dante, but Vergil instead. Him being confused and thinking that he's Dante or something. (To me, the cold feel about the character looks more like Vergil and not "Dante having emotional/psychological problems.)

And Ninja Theory... Please do lose the glitch-hop soundtrack.
I love the music, but it doesn't fit the game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom