• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2

Reveal

• E3

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • TGS

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • I hate DmC arghggghhgh

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i wanna say e3 but i'm not so sure. i'm not even sure it'll be announced this year. maybe next year though

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think it would be too soon, but seeing as there isn't that option, I'll go with E3 on the ground of being optimistic.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
I think it would be too soon, but seeing as there isn't that option, I'll go with E3 on the ground of being optimistic.
well they plan for a new dmc in2015, i assume theyll do this like DmC, initial trailer, then more trailers a demo then in 2015 so 2 years it would be out

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
well they plan for a new dmc in2015, i assume theyll do this like DmC, initial trailer, then more trailers a demo then in 2015 so 2 years it would be out
I was thinking more in terms of because of how sales went. They were under what was expected; and I think that statement about a DMC/ DmC gave every 2 years was prior to the DmC sales figures being known. So I would have thought Cpacom are now rethinking what their plan will be instead of rushing into another DmC game that might sell under what they want.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
I was thinking more in terms of because of how sales went. They were under what was expected; and I think that statement about a DMC/ DmC gave every 2 years was prior to the DmC sales figures being known. So I would have thought Cpacom are now rethinking what their plan will be instead of rushing into another DmC game that might sell under what they want.
ya, youre right i hope they market it this time

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
definitely to early for E3.

TGS MAYBE, but definitely not E3.

Capcom are going to need some time should they want to make a DmC2.

They already have casted doubts on Western developers handling their games which leads me to believe that they are going to be taking some time with the next installment (if its even made that is).

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
definitely to early for E3.

TGS MAYBE, but definitely not E3.

Capcom are going to need some time should they want to make a DmC2.

They already have casted doubts on Western developers handling their games which leads me to believe that they are going to be taking some time with the next installment (if its even made that is).

They commented that how RE6 was handled had been a BAD call(really? only 150 inhouse staff and 450 OUTSOURCED?!), however even still they say that the collaberation with NT went very well and they look forward to more projects in the future. So it's possible not all of the western collaberation will be considered a failure

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
They commented that how RE6 was handled had been a BAD call(really? only 150 inhouse staff and 450 OUTSOURCED?!), however even still they say that the collaberation with NT went very well and they look forward to more projects in the future. So it's possible not all of the western collaberation will be considered a failure

possible, but considering how they did not bother to exclude NT from that general statement about western developers I can not help but doubt it.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Its way to early for that. DMC4 sold more than they expected and we got DmC trailer in 2010. Last next gens are coming, who knows if Capcom would want to make next game on this or next gen consoles.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I hope next year since i felt the main problem with this game was that it debuted too early and capcom didn't have a gameplan to deal with the hate or deal with doubts so if they take extra time to figure that and get their ducks in order than all the power to them

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I think Capcom will take their time, mainly after all this business with this franchise and their business as a whole going own (drop on sales, distrust in western devs, etc). But if they are planning to do a DmC2, i think they will announce at least next year.

Goldsickle

As much as I'd like to see more out of DmC, it's pretty obvious that there's a huge chance there won't be any sequel.

This is a business after all. Sequels or spin-offs are dictated by sales and commercial success.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I hope next year since i felt the main problem with this game was that it debuted too early and capcom didn't have a gameplan to deal with the hate or deal with doubts so if they take extra time to figure that and get their ducks in order than all the power to them

CAME.OUT.TOO.EARLY???

You mean they announced it too early or it came out (released in stores) too early?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
CAME.OUT.TOO.EARLY???

You mean they announced it too early or it came out (released in stores) too early?

They announced it too early and didnt figure a good plan to deal with the controversy and defend it so a better idea would have been to wait till captivate 11 to intro the game and e3 11 to debut the gameplay or both.

That would have given NT more time to actually work on the gameplay without having a monkey on its back as when DmC was announced enslaved was getting ready to release. That gives them abit more of a platform to stand since the new take is gonna cause triouble but atleast you could gameplay concerns to rest.

Top Bottom