• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 2 Is A Filler!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railazel

Even though I'm pretty sure that its canon, DMC 2 just seems like a filler more than an actual part of DMC's storyline.

First off is Lucia. She doesn't seem like a main character because she doesn't recur in DMC 4 or in the Animate Series (not that I know of). Truthfully, if the cliffhanger in the end with her running towards the motorbike sound happens to be Dante, then she should be with him for the later part of the series, if she just happens to become an employee of Devil May Cry. If she doesn't then whatever happens to her after that is still a mystery, since she hasn't made any contact with Dante. Then there is her connection to Sparda, Matier, Lucia's supposed mother, fought alongside Sparda. Really, I can't consider this true since the legend says that Sparda fought alone. If she did fight alongside Sparda, she would've said something about her side of the story. Then again, she does tell a fact about Sparda, so whether she is telling the truth or not is really all skepticism now. This would be Lucia's only connection to Sparda (Lucia-->Matier's Daugther--> Sparda's ally), but that is severed when Arius tells her that she is artificially created, but whether this is true or not isn't confirmed (I think).

Second is the plot. It doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the story. What I mean is, is that all the games of the series connect except for that. Here's what I mean: DMC 3 is a prequel and the start of DMC, then it continues into DMC 1 where there are hints to DMC 3, then it can continue to DMC 4 where there are further referrences back to DMC 3 and recurring members. The reason why all these three games connect is because they share hints and recurrences that can lead back to DMC 3, but DMC 2 just comes out of nowhere with a plot that has nothing to do with anything, other a few referrences to Sparda, but that is only it.

These two are the reasons why I believe DMC 2 to be a filler more than something canon. Please clear any disinformation that might be on here. Thank you.

Ebony & Ivory 666

Gunslinger
thats because the order of the dmc games go dmc 3 then dmc then the anime then 4 then 2

its cause they're like the star wars films released in the wrong order

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I dont know why ppl hate Lucia so much... I mean, she is way better than Trish IMO... and her DT is awesome, reminds me of an angel+owl...
Anyway...Lucia doesn't appear in other DMCs cause she was introduced in DMC2, which is the latest game in terms of timeline. She'll prolly appear in DMC2's sequel.

Railazel

Still, what's the point of only introducing her? What happened to the other characters? Why did they leave such a huge cliffhanger with so many unanswered questions? This thing has so many plot-holes in it that its driving me insane!

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
We dont know the time difference between DMC4 and DMC2 (there are some theories, but no true fact). That means DMC2 can be 1 or 100 years after the its prequel, since dante is half demon, his aging process is different than ours. No other normal-aged character appeared cannonically in DMC2 we cant be sure about the time difference

Railazel

So, my theory is correct! Dante did live 2,000 years prior to the game!

Anyways, I guess that's true, but if you look at it, Dante seems much more older in DMC 4 than he does in DMC 2. In fact, if he made a completely downgrade from being much more broader and having a moustache to being completely slim and having no moustache. In fact, everyway I look at it, it just doesn't add up.

Niloufar

FOR THE LOVE OF MERCY DANTE DOES NOT HAVE A MOUSTACHE :\
just a slight stubble, 5 o'clock shadow whatever :dry:

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Take into consideration...looks in a video game don't affect the story line...it's a video game...so graphics are going to change. Just because Dante looks younger doesn't mean he IS younger. It's just that with the graphics engine, they can put more detail into Dante's face in DMC4, and make him look middle aged, whereas if they had tried that with DMC2, he would have probably looked like a retard.

HikenNoAce

One King One Legend
Premium
Sorry if I'm reviving this thread if it's dead..

but what if the latest events are in DMC2? if we arranged it according to events and the time that happened

DMC3
DMC1
DMC4
DMC2

which it explains to me why I don't see Lucia at the anime version or DMC4
so I suppose that DMC5 (if it happened) it should continue what's after DMC2

and kinda I can't agree that DMC2 was filler

Devil Hunter John Joko

ArabianLuffy;253164 said:
Sorry if I'm reviving this thread if it's dead..

but what if the latest events are in DMC2? if we arranged it according to events and the time that happened

DMC3
DMC1
DMC4
DMC2

which it explains to me why I don't see Lucia at the anime version or DMC4
so I suppose that DMC5 (if it happened) it should continue what's after DMC2

and kinda I can't agree that DMC2 was filler
DMC 5 will be before DMC 1. I don't think that capcom intends to make a sequel of DMC 2,and that really sucks because we still don't know know what Dante was doing in hell.I suppose he was going to get Vergil back.Finally the reason that DMC 2 and Lucia are not referred to any other DMC games is because
all the other games are prequels of DMC 2...

Asmodaius

I liked DMC2 alot, and I hope to see Lucia again in future games.
But the DMC series as a whole is FULL of plotholes and it jumps back and forth in the timeline... there's no real thread between the games. It's just a big messy pile.

Dante47

I liked DMC2 alot, and I hope to see Lucia again in future games.
But the DMC series as a whole is FULL of plotholes and it jumps back and forth in the timeline... there's no real thread between the games. It's just a big messy pile.
Hence the reboot.
I hope there will be some continuation to this series, but it should bridge the gap from DMC4 to DMC2.

Railazel

Hence the reboot.
I hope there will be some continuation to this series, but it should bridge the gap from DMC4 to DMC2.

Nope, it has nothing to do with the gaps in the story nor does it continue any part of the original series. Capcom wanted it because, seemingly, they couldn't work with it and wanted it to be more "free" in nature.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Guys read the dates. This thread was dead for some months, and if you've read the rules you should know that bumping is not allowed. *locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom