• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DLC?

Would you buy costume or on-disc DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Depending on price, it could go either way.

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
DLC is awesome sometimes.
The first DLC content I played was released months and months after the game itself was released. It was awesome. It added around five hours to the campaign and I'm glad I got it.

On the other hand, Capcom is not very fair with their DLC policies.
They've put DLC locked on the disk, so you'll have content you can't unlock without paying.
What used to be unlockable--classic skins, new levels, new characters--must be bought now.
Even if it's for a relatively low price, it's pretty unfair.

Along with this, some fans on youtube, facebook, and some forums have said they'd buy this game if classic Dante was available as DLC. I guess appearance matters to them.

Anyways, Capcom and some other game companies have already come under fire for dumb DLC.
I don't really want another reason for fans to hate this game.

If any other costumes or features are in this game, I'd rather unlock them.
Since NT has no control over this, I really hope someone from Capcom reads this soon.

What do you guys think?

ZeroLove

I am not so much against on-disc DLC, it is more about how and why the game companies make do so. If it is only because they want more money, then it would definately depend on the price. My PS3 is getting pretty full with DLC, so I wouldn't mind to easen up on it by simply get a DLC to unlock certain things that is already on the disc. I chose the last option in the poll above, btw.

Gbraga

My problem is that it would be a step back.

When they sold DLC Costumes in SF IV through DLC, I was ok with it. Street Fighter never had alternate costumes before, so it's alright.

But Street Fighter X Tekken comes with only 2 pre-set color schemes and 2 colors to use on the color edit stuff, that is ridiculous, where are my 10 color sets? That's a step back, they're charging for stuff that used to be free, that's the point.

Characters for me is ridiculous because they change the game's balance, you can't charge for balance.

In Devil May Cry's case, we always had different costumes/versions of the characters, and for free, DMC3 had tons of stuff like that. If we pay for things that we used to have for free, next step they're charging for Turbo Mode, or even more stupid: charging for the multiplayer mode with something like an online pass - Oh wait.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I don't like DLCs mainly because my internet sucks and my PS3 doesn't have enough space for them. But other than that, I hate the fact that they put sptuff like costumes in there. I mean, a few years ago, all those secret stuff required that you have the skill and the devotion to beat the game into the last difficulties and was actually rewarding, especially if the last costume gave you extra powers like infinite DT etc. Beating DMD was worth even if you weren't that good of a player. While now..

If I had money and not the problems I mentioned above, I'd have liked DLCs that actually make sense and continue the story. Like the DLC in the Castlevania Reboot that helps you understand some stuff. It's not absolutely necessary to have it since the story stands on its own pretty well, but if you have money and crave a little more, then go for it. THAT was a nice DLC - which I watched on youtubeXD Buut seriously costumes/artworks/etc are just a way to squeeze money out of us. At least in my opinion.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not against DLC, I'm just against paying more for stuff that should be in the game.

if they were to do dlc i rather it be more like the infamous one or Enslaved rather than capcom's past practices.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
inFamous had one
I'm not against DLC, I'm just against paying more for stuff that should be in the game.

if they were to do dlc i rather it be more like the infamous one or Enslaved rather than capcom's past practices.

inFamous had one called Festival of Blood.
It was perfect because it was a whole new story, new characters, and new powers; it lasted for a good few hours; it only cost 10 bucks; AND you didn't need a copy of the game to buy or play it. It saves right to your harddisk.

If other companies could take their example, I would be more than willing to buy DLC. Skins though? Those should just be unlockables...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
^I know, i was reffering too it.

depends on the skin as the masss effect skin dlc for 13-2 felt justified as that was more of a collarboration.

Meg

DLC that is made after the game is released as a way of continuing the story is fine. However, Day 1 DLC is a rip off: especially if it is already on the disk. I really don't know why anyone would like the idea of paying more for something that could have been free from the get go.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
DLC that is made after the game is released as a way of continuing the story is fine. However, Day 1 DLC is a rip off: especially if it is already on the disk. I really don't know why anyone would like the idea of paying more for something that could have been free from the get go.

Yea thats one thing Capcom has been receiving a lot of heat over after the recent Streetfighter x Tekken **** storm where people found out that they were paying for characters and content that was ALREADY ON THE DISK.

If Capcom pulls that BS again its only going to further hurt them in the long run and cause them to lose fans.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
It's not that anyone likes paying more money. If getting the extra content for free was an option no one would pay for it. However since the choice is between paying for it or not having it some people are willing to pay because they want the DLC more than they want to avoid paying for it. (I agree that it is not fair to have to pay extra but it makes no sense to claim anyone likes it)

Meg

It's not that anyone likes paying more money. If getting the extra content for free was an option no one would pay for it. However since the choice is between paying for it or not having it some people are willing to pay because they want the DLC more than they want to avoid paying for it. (I agree that it is not fair to have to pay extra but it makes no sense to claim anyone likes it)
That's exactly what I was saying. I've seen people saying they loving paying for DLC. Maybe they were kidding, but it didn't seem like it.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
That's exactly what I was saying. I've seen people saying they loving paying for DLC. Maybe they were kidding, but it didn't seem like it.
Someone might say they love DLC and mean it but anyone that says they love paying for it is joking or insane.

Reactions: Meg

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Its hard to say. I'm getting tired of buying a 60 dollar game and have to wait two months for a 5 dollar character/mode/etc. Give me the whole game the moment I had you the 60 dollars!

Top Bottom