• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DLC-What's the point?

Do you like DLC?

• Total voters

OniLink

Hero of Time
What ever happened to unlocking characters and alternative costumes through regular gameplay? Capitalism is at it's all time high now, due to this new thing called "DLC". Can someone please tell me how this is a good thing?

OniLink

Hero of Time
DLC makes gaming pointless at times, you can now buy things you would normally have to work for in a game, i.e costumes, currency and weapons. Why, i ask, do we need this

Meg

It depends.

DLC that is developed alongside the game, but withheld from being apart of the final product, is a cheap way to make more money. And if it's already on the disc, then that's an even bigger slap in the face. However, DLC offers a new way for game creators to add to the game after it is released. Developers can create extra bonus missions that may not have anything to do with the plot, but are still fun. DLC also let's developers go crazy with ideas that could never fit in the main game, but are still fun. This way, people who buy the game can still get the full product, but people who love the game have a way of extending it.

It would be impractical to say that there should be no DLC at all: not even DLC made after the game has been out for awhile. Not wanting to pay full price for an unfinished product is completely understandable. But expecting developers to just give away extra content is ridiculous.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
For me i don't care about DLC, another take on money, as I see that for now Only what I can get for bonus for my PS3 are rarely additional stories now more costumes and things what make me reject bonus content.

Demon619

Deadman walking
I've got two opinions on DLC.

Now if the DLC was originally part of the game and the only reason that it was not part of the game was because of money, then it sucks. Especailly if the DLC is still on the disk...thats just being jerks.

But if the DLC was created after the games the company created the finished product and is honestly something they thought of and created after the game was all said and done, then I'm fine with it. I've seen alot of people have good ideas for something after the were done with it.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
DLC leaves out the gamers that don't have a way of obtaining it.
I have Asura's Wrath, but the better ending is DLC, so at the moment, I feel like i've wasted time playing a game that didn't have a 'geniune' ending.

DLC p***es me off

ZeroLove

I love DLC. ^^
I am all in for expanding gaming experience with new content. DLC is like minor expansion sets.
Sometimes there are DLC that I don't care for, but then it's good that I don't HAVE to buy it. I hear alot about people complaining about DLC like it is forced upon them, but it never is. It's an option, not an obligation. I can understand those who are annoyed with disc-locked DLC, because they have already once spend money on that content when they bought the game, but I have never personally found it that much of an issue.
Overall, I love DLC. ^^

V

Oldschool DMC fan
DLC in the vein of old PC game expansion packs (that are a whole new game or decent number of missions) would be okay. It looks like the future of gaming is to have to download all games anyway. I don't like the idea of not having something tangible on disc than I can hold or take where I want.

The problem is that DLC is instead being used to sell part of what should be a full game to buyers, or accessories that used to be a part of the full game you had already bought, like costumes or side missions. Blatant and unabashed money-grubbing is what it is now. Not that you couldn't see it coming a mile off.

swordofsparda2000

i think dlc are useful at time because they give you things that can't be found in the game but if people download stuff thats in the game thats just lazy also it cost a lot of money

Top Bottom