• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dissidia Trailers

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Not always!Your theory is flawed!Because...HE DIDN"T PUT THE CHARACTERS HE WANTED IN THE FIRST DISSIDIA!

OBJECTION,accepted!

Anyway,we so few characters[6 like aka said]?Did Nomura say so,or is everyone depressed by this whole "Pushing the memory to it's limit" and the tidbit of "we won't add that many charcters"?

Meg

Its not a theory. He really did say he's games are perfect. :lol:

Anyway, what characters do you think will be in it then? I think someone from XIII, possibley another from X and/or someone from XII.

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;275578 said:
^Not always!Your theory is flawed!Because...HE DIDN"T PUT THE CHARACTERS HE WANTED IN THE FIRST DISSIDIA!

OBJECTION,accepted!

Anyway,we so few characters[6 like aka said]?Did Nomura say so,or is everyone depressed by this whole "Pushing the memory to it's limit" and the tidbit of "we won't add that many charcters"?

Actually I'm not hyped for new characters but instead new stages, soundtracks and updates. There are few more gameplay styles left.

Meg

^ Why would Noctis be for Chaos? Unless....OOOO! OOO! He could be the other XIII character. Like the character Lightning has to fight.

aka958

Don't trust people
meg127;275637 said:
^ Why would Noctis be for Chaos? Unless....OOOO! OOO! He could be the other XIII character. Like the character Lightning has to fight.

I don't think they would add Noctis for the same reason they didn't add Lightning in the first Dissidia. Way to spoil things and stuff.

But! What summons do you think will be in Duodecim? What stages do you wish? And what soundtracks? (so many seem hyped on new characters, let's switch to see the other things aswell. :D)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
@ Meg :

WOW,such vanity.

Nope!He will be one of the actual XIII villains.He didn't put Lightning in the first because he didn't wanted "people to have a locked image of the person's skills in their minds before their game's out".

So,yeah.My guess would be 10 as the minimum number of added players.Also I doubt I,III and possibly II and XI will be given another player[I and III speak for themselves but II...maybe because they can't decide what to do with Leon...or if they should put Maria in?As for XI,it is an online game...we will be lucky if we get another character that ISN'T the player].

Meg

We don't even know when this game is coming out. It could very well be after/around the same time as Versus XIII. (probably not. but wouldn't that be cool?)

Stages: Hmmm maybe something from Crisis Core? I think something from that game should be in there.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
It is coming this spring.Meaning anytime from March to May.As for Versus...we can only guess.As for the stages and the music...they are going to be adding the same amount of pieces as the first.Which means we will have double the stages amd double the music now[not counting the games remixes:D].

If they did that much,it can be sfae that they either :

finally made the cutscenes from in-game graphics,so that's why we can see Cloud in his Amano Alt during the cutscene,thus saving a whole lot of space.

or

they reduced the custcenes very much so that much more gaming content is added.

Or a mix of both,which would also be the best!:D

aka958

Don't trust people
What stages would you like to see? II, XII and XIII are already confirmed.

My list:
I. Cornelia Castle
III. Crystal Shrine
IV. The Red Wings Fleet
V. I have no idea...
VI. Narshe Summit (where you face Kefka the first time)
VII. The Church in the Slums (You know which one)
VIII. Balamb Garden
IX. Iifa Tree (Inside)
X. Baaj Temple

There. Looks good, no?
Although I'm not completely sure about Baaj Temple and some others but that's all I could think of at the moment.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i think that they have been having it to where an enemy matches a Cosmos warrior...so there needs to be one for Tifa...thats why im thinking it will either be Genesis or Kadaj.....i doubt Jenova or any of the other Remnants are worthy for Dissidia gameplay

aka958

Don't trust people
GamblingGambitCloud;275696 said:
i think that they have been having it to where an enemy matches a Cosmos warrior...so there needs to be one for Tifa...thats why im thinking it will either be Genesis or Kadaj.....i doubt Jenova or any of the other Remnants are worthy for Dissidia gameplay

Dude... they won't add 2 for 1 FF. Tifa's rival is the same as for Cloud. They won't add spin-off characters either. So no Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, nor Before Crisis.
Just as Kain fits for both Golbez and Cecil's rivals.
Really, FFVII won't get any unfair treatment (Maybe with the exception of alt costumes), so two new characters from FVII is a nono because they can just add about 6 new characters in total.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
that makes uneven numbers though...in the first game they had it even....if they're gonna have 6...then 3 cosmos and 3 chaos....and they usually match up to where the characters know of the rivalry..that's all im ssaying

aka958

Don't trust people
GamblingGambitCloud;275783 said:
that makes uneven numbers though...in the first game they had it even....if they're gonna have 6...then 3 cosmos and 3 chaos....and they usually match up to where the characters know of the rivalry..that's all im ssaying

Tifa is a perfect rival for Sephiroth. You see that really well in Final Fantasy VII and she is also an excellent support for Cloud, that is also seen in Final Fantasy VII. She hasn't a rival of her own, there is none.

Yes there are uneven numbers, because they add, they don't change the core characters but add more characters. A UMD disc has 1.8gb space, and the first Dissidia took up 1.6gb. They can't add an even number. You got to count in the new stages and soundtracks aswell as they too take up storage.

Yeah 3 cosmos and 3 chaos. But give those three to three single games? No way! I bet Nomura wants it as even as possible and will add 1 character for each most popular FF.

FFVII already confirmed with Tifa.
FFIV already confirmed with Kain. (Nomura wanted to have Kain in the first one so he took his chance now)
FFXIII already confirmed with Lightning. (Since it's new and all. :p)

Vaan is a maybe and that is FFXII.

Then there are two left. I would guess they will be either from Final Fantasy VI, VIII, IX or X since they are very known and got a pretty big fanbase.

Kadaj has nothing to do with the original FFVII, thus making him not available, that counts for Zack and Genesis aswell. :(
Sure Zack had his role in FFVII but not any major role at all, he is the star of Crisis Core.

aka958

Don't trust people
The crazy demon;276521 said:
Thanks i could finally see the video.

might i ask has Vaan being confirmed? he is my favorite character and the protago of the first FF i played :D

YES! A fellow Vaan fan!

No, yes, sort of, undefined. There is slight evidence of him being present in Dissidia Duodecim since his VA said about 3 months ago he is voicing in a new Final Fantasy game.

Top Bottom