• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dissidia Duodecim overworld, closer look

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;293139 said:
There better be more monsters than just Mannikins this time around.

Hehe... No.

It's a fighting game. They won't add monsters. The manikins are there, adding monsters would just take up unneccessary space in a fighting game.

There is no "there better be". Most people who play Dissidia play it for the fighting game. Not fighting random monsters that won't even be useable. Think they can add about 8 characters in total, if they were to add random monster battles then... bye bye to those characters I believe.

Think about this, they have free roaming, maybe there will be secret summonstones, extra hard and rewarding manikin battles, secret treasures, etc. Maybe the storyline is all about that map and there maybe is one storyline for cosmos and one for chaos.

Remember that this isn't an RPG like the main entries in FF, it's a fighting game.

Now onto the actual question, do you have any comments on anything that is in the news at all or did you just come to make more demands when we got such fantastic news?

The crazy demon;293137 said:
FREE roaming o_o.

I might buy a PSP just for this :D

That's the spirit! =D

Meg

OMG! O_O Great find, Aka! *must have this game right now*

Anyone know when its supposed to come out?

EDIT* Thanks CM! :D I figured it would be spring 2011, but I wasn't sure

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
What's with the monster on the overworld, then? That can't be fought?

Fighting copies of my real opponents gets old fast. I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my opinion, but I got bored with the first Dissidia and finished it only for merit. I don't play the story mode anymore.

Again, I'm sorry if that offends anyone. But it was obvious from the start that my opinion isn't wanted here, so I'll duck out quietly. I really don't feel welcome in this thread anyway.

Meg

^ No worries, DT! I wasn't impressed with the first game either.

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;293162 said:
What's with the monster on the overworld, then? That can't be fought?

Fighting copies of my real opponents gets old fast. I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my opinion, but I got bored with the first Dissidia and finished it only for merit. I don't play the story mode anymore.

Again, I'm sorry if that offends anyone. But it was obvious from the start that my opinion isn't wanted here, so I'll duck out quietly. I really don't feel welcome in this thread anyway.

There are manikins in the overworld.

Your opinion is welcome, but just saying "There better be monsters this time" wasn't much commenting on the news and it didn't look like opinion. It looked like a demand.

Stop saying that your opinion isn't wanted here. Your demands is what is not wanted here. Anyone can express their opinion, but not everyone can demand stuff. You can wish for stuff, but if you like to make demands, do not do it in my thread.

Meg

*slaps forehead* Oh gees guys, don't start. DT's allowed to want something in this game and Aka's allowed to disagree. End of story. Moving on...

It looks like three characters can be on the map at a time. I wonder how that will work. Ideas?

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;293196 said:
*slaps forehead* Oh gees guys, don't start. DT's allowed to want something in this game and Aka's allowed to disagree. End of story. Moving on...

It looks like three characters can be on the map at a time. I wonder how that will work. Ideas?

Don't get into grounds you don't belong. He can want whatever he want, but no demands in this thread. See his first post? Did he say that he wanted something? Does it look like a wish of something or a demand? Good, then back off and don't make things worse than what they are.

I'm thinking, you choose three characters to play as through the story. Then you stick with them through the whole storyline. Or maybe they act as assist characters. I've got no idea.

Meg

Thanks CM! :D

Wait. We have to use certain characters? Oh come on!

EDIT* Soooo I can't just use Lightning the whole time? What the hell.

aka958

Don't trust people
Chaos Master;293204 said:
On the contrary of popular belief, Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy is not a sequel of Dissidia: Final Fantasy. It is a prequel of the game which explains the absence of the new characters such as Lightning and Tifa in Dissidia: Final Fantasy.

It is a prequel of the 12th war. The one occuring in Dissidia is the final and 13th war. The wars killed some characters and destroyed land I think. Thus, the first war could actually have been a war between everyone from the FF universe.
Or that is the popular belief I've heard.

So, with the party of 3, how is that used? You have a party and you can choose who to battle with?

Meg

aka958;293210 said:
It is a prequel of the 12th war. The one occuring in Dissidia is the final and 13th war. The wars killed some characters and destroyed land I think. Thus, the first war could actually have been a war between everyone from the FF universe.
Or that is the popular belief I've heard.

So, with the party of 3, how is that used? You have a party and you can choose who to battle with?

I swear the reason for Lightning not being in the first game better be because she got bored and said "F this." If Lightning dies I'm raining napalm down on Square-Enix and then going into my room and crying for 15 hours straight. And never playing an FF game ever again. Ever. XD

I just went from being pumped to dreading this game. If that was SE's intent they are doing a heck of a job. XD

Chaos Master;293213 said:
No info about that, yet. All I know that there will be a playable character as well as two AIs as your Assist Mode. The upcoming Jump Fiesta in Japan will reveal more info about it as well as a new trailer.

This news will explain much better than I will:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/15/dissidia_012_laguna_map/

*lowers flamethrower* So...what? I don't get to burn SE to the ground? :|

Damn. >_<

Weeeeell what if I wait for Agito and Versus to be released? :lol:

Meg

Oh my gosh I HATED Vanille's voice acting. :wacko: And the wait for Versus is just sad! Although the main reason for me burning SE is to protect Lightning from being ruined by their stupidity. *gives CM his own flamethrower*

The sky will rain down flame and the rivers will run red with the death of Square Enix!

........you know once we get Versus and Agito.

...............which could be never.

aka958

Don't trust people
Stop blabbering about burning SE in this thread. Be happy that they do games at all or take your SE flame elsewhere, please? Discuss the topic or Dissidia Duodecim.

Meg

Lighten up it was just a joke. No one's flaming SE. Me and CM were just having a bit of fun at SE's expense. But if that annoys you so much then I'll stop.

So what characters is everyone most excited about? My favorite goes without saying, but I'm also pumped for Cecil. Oh my gosh CECIL!

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
aka958;293220 said:
Stop blabbering about burning SE in this thread. Be happy that they do games at all or take your SE flame elsewhere, please? Discuss the topic or Dissidia Duodecim.

Fine. I will just edit all my posts in this thread. Happy?

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
I'm very excited for Lighting and Tifa. That's really about it lol Can't wait to beat the hell out of Cloud as Lightning.

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;293224 said:
Lighten up it was just a joke. No one's flaming SE. Me and CM were just having a bit of fun at SE's expense. But if that annoys you so much then I'll stop.

So what characters is everyone most excited about? My favorite goes without saying, but I'm also pumped for Cecil. Oh my gosh CECIL!

Ohh it's fun going off topic on other people's threads? That does annoy me, stay on topic. You who are so harsh on this sometimes.

Chaos Master;293226 said:
Fine. I will just edit all my posts in this thread. Happy?

What's done is done. I think I remember posts of yours asking for people not going off topic.

wallE156;293231 said:
I'm very excited for Lighting and Tifa. That's really about it lol Can't wait to beat the hell out of Cloud as Lightning.

And thus the Lightning strikes the Cloud. :cool:

Edit: Moar news http://dissidia-france.com/forum/index.php?topic=432.new#new

3rd outfits for FFIII and FFVIII.

There seems to be a new stage if you look closer on the pictures in the picture with the FFIII outfits. Any guesses anyone?

Double edit: Even MOAR news http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=1012150240051177857313901.jpg

Top Bottom