• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dissidia (?) 2! (Maybe?)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Here's an announcement that i think aka might like.

Dissidia 2: Dissidia Harder
Square Enix rarely need encouragement to make a sequel, but just to confirm it seems one is definitely (probably) coming for Dissidia: Final Fantasy.

"I'll do my best for a sequel to Dissidia Final Fantasy!" designer Tetsuya Nomura is quoted as saying.

The original was a mostly good one-on-one beat 'em-up featuring heroes and villains from every mainline Final Fantasy game up to XII.

aka958

Don't trust people
I know, it was on some news about "I talked with Tetsuya Nomura on twitter today". He also told that versus will have an airship (meaning an overworld???) and that they are working on some projects.

He said that he'll do his best for a sequel to the game just like you wrote. But it is just a possibility thought.

I'm always up to date when it comes to Final Fantasy games that I can buy or anticipates. In the gamefaqs dissidia forums where I like to watch people act like idiots is what I heard it first. That is great news! All the new maps, new characters, improved gaming (like stop stopping the screen when Break or summons occur... Really a pain when your trying to master Jecht.).

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
What would be the point?

Dissidia was a great game, yes, but the story was so bloody forgettable that it doesn't lend itself to a sequel at all, it works perfectly fine as a stand alone part of the Final Fantasy universe, it doesn't need to be expanded upon and anything more that they could do could just as easily been done with DLC and patches.

Keaton

Premium
^Agreed.
I'd far rather get a patch or downloadable content for it, not sure they could add/change enough in it to justify a new game o_O

@aka, as for a Versus Airship, that may just mean a method of quick travel...I wouldn't pin your hopes on an overworld yet ;)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Who knows?Maybe with the Dissidia sequel they can have numerous improvements.Or maybe they can do an even more different thing by just upgrading the game engine.Everything is possible.Or they can do the same thing Capcom does with their fighters and Sengoku Basara titles.I'm fine with both anyway.

Zato-OW

King
Why would they waste their time making it for the PSP? They could make tons of more money producing it for the PS3 and there could be alot more added to the game if doing so.

aka958

Don't trust people
Keaton;208862 said:
^Agreed.
I'd far rather get a patch or downloadable content for it, not sure they could add/change enough in it to justify a new game o_O

@aka, as for a Versus Airship, that may just mean a method of quick travel...I wouldn't pin your hopes on an overworld yet ;)

No, I know but still. Never give up hope, eh? I don't got a playstation 3 so I don't get my hopes on Versus to anything at all.

Why do Tekken games get sequels? Or Mortal Kombat?

They improve moves of every character, fix the game engine for smoother gameplay, add new characters, add new stages, (better graphics?), new improvements and rules that could change the way of gameplay, new soundtrack (I want FFV the fierce battle, JENOVA, Force your way...)
Not all that could come into a expansion nor a patch, more like mods for the game. All that can't just come into the game, also change little design for how they look, there is sometimes way to many beads.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Just out of question, does FF XIII have the same battle system as the other FF games.

(This will probably be ask a stupid question....)

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Vergil'sB*tch;208999 said:
Just out of question, does FF XIII have the same battle system as the other FF games.

the battle system changes alot between games. even between X and X-2 the battle system changed alot. Final Fantasy XIII has an entirly new system.

aka958

Don't trust people
Vergil'sB*tch;208999 said:

The attacks and abilities doesn't cost MP or AP, they cost time, yupp you heard it, time. The ATB gauge is splitted in to segments and you'll gain up to 5 segments (haven't seen a sixth one yet...), every attack takes different amounts of segments to perform.

Example, ravager: 5 Segments

Fire 1 Fira 2 Firaga 3

Aero 1 Aerora 3 Aeroga 5

^ After choosing all the ones you want to, like:
Fire, Fire, Fira, Aero then your character will perform the attacks in a combo.
There's six classes with different uses, there is the paradigm shift system (switch classes swiftly), there is the stagger bar, status ailments and all that stuff.
Leader dies = game over.
One thing to mention though, all attack has it purposes and none will in the end be of no use. Fire will still have much use and that counts to all abilities. Unlike earlier FF's where you think "why use Fire when Firaga does more damage?".

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Angelo Credo;208814 said:
What would be the point?

Dissidia was a great game, yes, but the story was so bloody forgettable that it doesn't lend itself to a sequel at all, it works perfectly fine as a stand alone part of the Final Fantasy universe, it doesn't need to be expanded upon and anything more that they could do could just as easily been done with DLC and patches.

I was going to lay that down until you put it for me lol. Sadly I have actually heard a rumor of adding Kingdom Hearts Characters.....No, just no. Square, if you do I will kill you. Hopefully this stays as a rumor and the idea is dropped dead.

aka958

Don't trust people
No kingdom hearts characters, ever. It is called Dissidia: Final Fantasy not Failed: Final Fantasy... If something that is crossed between Final Fantasy and Disney (SORA!! You little...) in a real FF game I would consider starting to hate square.

But why not a new game? I didn't like the story either but the important thing for me was the DIALOGUES between them. How would Cloud react to Tidus and his behaviour? We see it in Dissidia, I dunno why no one seems to care about it. I for one, love it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I dunno... Some of the villains in Kingdom Hearts were pretty cool. I bet they could get away with having Terra or Xemnas in it, but anyone other than that is quite the stretch. (I say Terra and Xemnas because they actually LOOK like Final Fantasy characters. Oh, and Terra has to be in his armor too, or else he's not cool at all.)

aka958

Don't trust people
Still, it is Final Fantasy, not Kingdom hearts. They can create something like Kingdom hearts Dissidia but not mix it with FF. I've seen Xemnas and he does look cool, like a rip off from Sephiroth.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Bringing KH characters into Dissidia maybe Kitase's intention,or at least something he finds interesting,but in all honesty the first one to step in would be not Disney but Nomura.The guy was working on a crossover fighting game idea ever since FFX was in the works and he wants it to stay like that : an FF crossover.How it will evolve is beyond us...

As for the KH characters,while they CAN be treated as FF characters,the best way to categorize them would FF characters that exist only in the KH universe.Long story short : Original characters.Unlike disney characters though,the original characters we have gotten so far represent the FF portion of the KH universe.

Also PS : it seems SE IS considering making the FFVII remake.Wada[the president] has narrowed it to either PSP or PS3...if it is made.[Please Nomura...just say a yes!]

aka958

Don't trust people
I don't really care about a FFVII remake, they already have it on the PSN.
They should release other previous FF games like FFIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVI on the PSN or remake FFV and FFVI like the PSP FFI and FFII graphics (not the ugly 3d that is FFIII and FFIV on NDS).

Kingdom hearts is Kingdom hearts, the only characters in there are twisted and not how they should be represented. Others made to look alike it is just... Not FF!

They can do a Dissidia: Kingdom hearts or take in Kingdom hearts characters but making them as twisted as the FF characters were. A little Seifer with a foam bat? WTF?! His name is Squall, not Leon. What's up with Cloud? Sephiroth wants a ugly key as a weapon? I feel happy other characters like Kefka were in there.

Top Bottom