• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did they adjust the difficulty?

Calypso Dynamo

So i'm playing through all the old Devil May Cry games again and i just finished the HD edition of DMC 1, I haven't played this game in at least four or five years if not longer, so i was expecting to get schooled, but i breezed through the game, i only died once on the final nightmare and took everything down with ease, even some creatures i had trouble with before were a cake walk, did they make the HD edition easier?

berto

I Saw the Devil
At first i thought it was because of the controll scheme but no, they lowered the difficulty on both normal and hard. I first realized this when I S'ed mission 1 despite taking damage. Someone confirmed it later on, DMD ie stil intact, which seem retarded to me.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That makes more sense, and kind of sucks, i'd like to play the original hard difficulty at least
You and me both. I wish they had an off option for the enhancements like they have on the Halo HD. At least that way I'd have the best of both and I didn't have to put up with all the terrible glitches they have on DMC1.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
They've lowered it for sure. I can't say how it is for DMC2 HD, not played that all the way through yet, but DMC1 and DMC3 have been messed with, also some DMC1 enemies have been switched around on the lower difficulties. I noticed DMC3's DMD mode has enemies that take more to be pushed to DT and no enemy DT timer.

Calypso Dynamo

They've lowered it for sure. I can't say how it is for DMC2 HD, not played that all the way through yet, but DMC1 and DMC3 have been messed with, also some DMC1 enemies have been switched around on the lower difficulties. I noticed DMC3's DMD mode has enemies that take more to be pushed to DT and no enemy DT timer.
I thought DMC3 was just the SE edition which already had the adjusted difficulty from DA, are you saying they toyed with it again?

Top Bottom