• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

devilmaycry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Ah yes the Old "Karma" thing, I know this, I used it on an old board. It was really good, because members could contribute to someone's current Karma, and they could "Exalt" or "Smite" (Exalt being raise someone's Karma, and Smite meaning take away someone's Karma) although there are people who just use it senselessly, and just keep Smiting someone, or if they are friends with one person, they would have them Exalt them, and then they Exalt the other. Know where I am going with this.

Anyway I really am glad that it is just Administrators can do this, because it would determine the actual levels of people properly, although Steve (the admin) has all his bars full, it still doesn't mean that he did it, it could be just a Ranking thing, like I have seen at this one Forum. But on there they change to like a Purple (if you are on the graphics staff), a red (if you are an admin) and an orange (if you are a Mod) while the members had a blue 'Pip' and that would work up with the Admins Karma support.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Nah, he really did give himself all that rep...I didn't even know I became admin until I saw all the green pips and wondered what the hell was going on :lol:

I'm more of a background kinda person anyways - largely coz it'll take a while to get to know people here and to get a feel for the place. I too like the rep system because like you say, Steven, some people can use the system badly and form little cliques whereby the members rep each other and gang up on the people they don't like. One of my bugbears, so everyone has been warned :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom