• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

devilmaycry

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamshanks

Apprentice of Doom
hey devilmaycry, since you're the webmaster here, can you explain something to me? i dont quite understand this... on the top left corner of a post there is a bunch of green bars, i have one i think... what do they mean?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I know I'm not devilmaycry but I do know that the little bars you're talking about show our repute in the site ok. I think all of us have 1 except for devilmaycry who has loads, rendering him as having (and I quote) "a reputation beyond repute". Does that answer your question or am I talking about something else altogether?

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
hamshanks;17802 said:
hey devilmaycry, since you're the webmaster here, can you explain something to me? i dont quite understand this... on the top left corner of a post there is a bunch of green bars, i have one i think... what do they mean?
These are pips, and they are on quite alot of forums. They basically show your rank of position on the forum. Steve is the admin, so his pips are full. For a member they only have one. And this thread should be moved...

Hope this answeres your question :)

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
DMC's rep is only full because being the webmaster makes everyone love him. (And that's by no means a bad thing). :p If a member got as popular as him, their rep would skyrocket just as much. :lol:

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Although I am not sure. On the forum I administrate the pips determine your importance and position on the forum, amd I think it is the same here. They can also show post count, but many of us have more posts than the admin here so I highly doubt that they do represent this lol ;)

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Cannot really say because that would be advertising. But yeah I am a Co-administrator on another forum....

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Just to clarify: the green pips indicate your current 'reputation' on the board. green being good and red being... not quite so good... The more green pips you have the better. You can hand out rep points to others which in turn adds to their reputation level by clicking the
reputation.gif
on their post (located just above the 'Join Date', 'Location' and 'Posts' area). I give out positive rep to anyone I feel has made an outstanding post and has contributed something special to the board.

While this is a very popular system that is used on a countless number of forums out there, this system can also be a little complex for people who are experiencing it for the first time so please feel free to ask any questions and I will answer them as best I can. ;)

Steve

Admin
Not to my knowledge, no. However I only recently re-enabled the rep system so everyone's rep limit is pretty much still the same as it was when I first opened the forum.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Wow I never knew that pips were used for reputation on this forum! I have only come across pips which show post count and ranks!

Steve

Admin
Really? That's interesting. Which forums do you know of that use that kind of system? I wouldn't mind taking a look. ^_^

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Nelo Assholo;17900 said:
DMC's rep is only full because being the webmaster makes everyone love him. (And that's by no means a bad thing). :p If a member got as popular as him, their rep would skyrocket just as much. :lol:
Nah, he can just give himself rep...sneaky (and to a degree somewhat sad) but true...:p

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Can I ask a question? How come you automatically became admin when you joined today? Was it because there was an older DMC forum like this that you were admin of or you were so cool on that forum you deserve to be an admin or something?

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
devilmaycry;18192 said:
Really? That's interesting. Which forums do you know of that use that kind of system? I wouldn't mind taking a look. ^_^
Well my forum used to (we took it off because it was often a pain in the ***), and another forum called Anime League does aswell (it shows ranks).

And Assholo-she is the admin's wife. There is an obvious clue in her location name, "with Devilmaycry".

Steve

Admin
Nelo, KoRn is correct - Angel is indeed my wife and she's pretty much one of the only people I trust enough to help administrate the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom