• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Veterans

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;185232 said:
Novels are not considered canon material, because of this contradiction.

I don't think you see where I was going with that. The Novels were used as a time-line even though they were thrown out. People still use them for this reason only because its the only time-line DMC has with actual ages. Now that we take the novels out of the story what does that say? Dante is no longer 28 in DMC1 and it becomes unknown.
DMC4 is said in a interview to be "about" 10 years after DMC3. But as I go back and read older interviews I was shocked to see that they also claim Dante was in his mid 30s in DMC4. Even now thinking about it Dante has no real age because every time they are asked how old he is we always get a different answer.

By the way the extra ending in DMC3:SE says nothing about DMC1 starting right at that point. It just shown that Dante changed his costume and shown that Vergil was on the verge of fighting Mundus.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Zato-OW;185259 said:
I don't think you see where I was going with that. The Novels were used as a time-line even though they were thrown out. People still use them for this reason only because its the only time-line DMC has with actual ages. Now that we take the novels out of the story what does that say? Dante is no longer 28 in DMC1 and it becomes unknown.
DMC4 is said in a interview to be "about" 10 years after DMC3. But as I go back and read older interviews I was shocked to see that they also claim Dante was in his mid 30s in DMC4. Even now thinking about it Dante has no real age because every time they are asked how old he is we always get a different answer.

Thats pretty much why I brought up the fresh start thing (meant to be a bit tongue in cheek) as both his personality and his age seem to be all tangled up at the moment and it is going to be quite a job to get it all straightened out. Maybe thats why Nero was introduced, they want to take the focus off of Dante so they can build Nero from the ground up.

Tramendium

darth_angelo45;185262 said:
Thats pretty much why I brought up the fresh start thing (meant to be a bit tongue in cheek) as both his personality and his age seem to be all tangled up at the moment and it is going to be quite a job to get it all straightened out. Maybe thats why Nero was introduced, they want to take the focus off of Dante so they can build Nero from the ground up.

With what? humans good/devils bad ****? Nero is good ****y badass demon hunter like Dante.Pfff to me that doesn't have the point, but to be Vergil's son with the path he must choose neither good or evil and that to define his personality as a character...well that is another story.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;185259 said:

I know, right?!

It's Capcom. They like to give interviews about anything and ruin It later with novels and games.

Zato-OW;185259 said:
By the way the extra ending in DMC3:SE says nothing about DMC1 starting right at that point. It just shown that Dante changed his costume and shown that Vergil was on the verge of fighting Mundus.

In fact shows a lot, but since I can't really be sure of anything Capcom makes, we could be both right lol

Zato-OW

King
Honestly when I first seen that cutscene I thought it was the starting of DMC1. I watched it over and noticed Dante was still looking pretty young. So I was thinking maybe this cutscene was a day after DMC3 since right after it shows Vergil awakening in the Demon World.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;185315 said:
Honestly when I first seen that cutscene I thought it was the starting of DMC1. I watched it over and noticed Dante was still looking pretty young. So I was thinking maybe this cutscene was a day after DMC3 since right after it shows Vergil awakening in the Demon World.

As we both know, It's not like Capcom gives a damn about storyline... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom