• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry - The Anime

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay a while ago I posted up a Thread in the Anime Section about a DMC Anime Videogame idea I had. But people bumped it when it was dead and it was closed down. So I am re-opening the case as such and posting new movesets for characters. New ideas for missions. And new ideas for the huge free-roaming element I want to implement into the game. And it all comes here, live and kicking.​
When I edit this post I will bring over EVERYTHING I currently had worked on in the previous Thread and implore it into here. And THEN I will start to work on expanding this idea so I can finish it off.​
Game Covers:
XBOX 360 GAME COVER
DMCAnimeGame.png

PLAYSTATION 3 GAME COVER

DMCAnimePS3.png
The game will follow similar plots that were held in the Anime, definitely keeping Patty Lowell. Also the game will have more missions added to it, as I mentioned earlier. In the game you will ultimately play as Dante, but can also play as Lady and Trish. Some missions will involve both Lady and Trish, where you can swap between the two at will to defeat enemies.​
In the first episode you are primarily protecting Patty. The introduction/tutorial level will involve Dante fighting in the bar like he did in Episode One. The next fight scene will be in the car, when Dante is driving Patty. Here you can go into a first person shooter mode and aim at demons whilst you're driving. The fight scene won't be too long, as it won't feel much like Devil May Cry's usual hack and slash gaming style. The next fight scene will be on the train. Demons will appear when the train goes through tunnels. The carriages will go pitch black, but you'll still be able to make out the demons because of their bright red eyes. Once you've cleared the carriages of demons, you'll fight your way back to Patty and the train will arrive at its destination. The final fight scene in Mission One will be a Boss battle in the Theatre.​
PLOT
Set before Devil May Cry 4. Dante is residing in Capulet City, trying not to draw too much attention to himself in his Devil hunting career. When a sudden spot of babysitting a little girl named Patty Lowell (Whose ancestors were sorcerers) seems to drop him in more trouble than it seems to be worth. Up against a dark and deadly new demonic organisation that's moved into Town, and a foe who hides his tracks. Dante must protect the ones he loves and the City he loves, before it all comes crashing down. Amidst all of this, his brother Vergil is up to no good, trying to interfere with Dante's plans and progression along the way. It's up to Dante to make sure Vergil doesn't do anything too stupid. If he can help it.​

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
List of playable characters
Dante - Dante is the main protagonist of the game (Naturally). You will play as him through almost most of the missions in the game, and he is the focus lead. Dante is the strongest character in the game.​
Trish - Dante's long time partner in action. Trish is playable in the game in a couple of missions, but is not the main character of the game. She will sometimes work alongside Lady.​
Lady - Unbeknowst to Trish, Lady and Dante have history (Starting in Devil May Cry 3). Lady will be playable in a couple of missions. She will sometimes work alongside Trish. She is not the main character of the game.​
Patty - Patty Lowell is one of the main characters of the game. She will be playable in a couple of missions, and will appear as a central focus point of the game overall. Her skills and moves differ from all other playable characters.​
Vergil - Vergil will be a playable character in the game. Harbouring his own unique side story and quest, that will somewhat tie in with Dante's main objective in the game. He is accessed when necessary throughout the game.​

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
CHARACTER'S STYLISH RANKS
Dante's Stylish Ranks
D - Dumb​
C - Classic​
B - Bitchin'​
A - Aggresive​
S - Slayer​
SS - Seriously Sardistic​
SSS - Super Sick Stylish​
O - Ovation​
Vergil's Stylish Ranks
D - Dark​
C - Cold​
B - Badass​
A - Agony​
S - Sly​
SS - So Slick​
SSS - Sly Slick Style​
O - Outstanding​
Patty's Stylish Ranks
D - Dreadful​
C - Creative​
B - Bring It​
A - Ambitious​
S - Stunning​
SS - Something Super​
SSS - SSSpecial​
0 - OMG​
Trish's Stylish Ranks
D - Drastic​
C - Climbin' Up​
B - Brill​
A - Amazing​
S - Super​
SS - Seductive Style​
SSS - So Super Sweet​
0 - Overkill​
Lady's Stylish Ranks
D - Dismal​
C - Clever​
B - Better​
A - Ace​
S - Sinful​
SS - Sexy Smart​
SSS - Sexy Sinful Sweet​
O - Over-rated​
ADDITIONAL NOTES ON STYLISH RANKS

In addition to the new 'O' Rank I have put into the game concept. There is also another new addition to the Stylish Ranks. As your Stylish Rank increases, this new addition comes in to effect. When any character achieves an A Grade Rank, they will be rewarded in combat by being able to use the letters from the A Rank against the enemies they are facing.

The letters can be thrown at enemies. Smashed into enemies. They can also be used to stab enemies. The way in which the letters are used to attack enemies increases as the Stylish Rank gets higher. Starting on the A Grade Rank, the character you are playing as will smash the letter 'A' over an enemies head. Whereas as it increases, the attacks become more powerful and more technical. The attacks themselves will happen automatically, when the particular grade has been achieved.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante's Introduction - (Prelude)
"Okay fellas, it's closing time. Everyone drink up and leave!!".​
Dante makes his way into the bar. Two large gentleman are standing at the bar counter drinking their drinks like usual. Dante pushes through the middle of them. "Hey...Make mine a large" Dante says. "Didn't you hear me pal? I said it's closing time. I'm not taking orders no more". "Oh I think you already made an order" Dante replies, slipping ebony and Ivory out from underneath his large dark red trenchcoat. He pulls the triggers and blows the brains out of the two guys stood there in a single instant.​
The bartender cowers behind the bar...Dante smirks and turns away. "You'll thank me later"...He goes to walk away and one of the demons gets back up and makes a leap towards the bartender. Dante spins around 180 degrees quicker than a flash of lightning and impales the demon. Blood drips down onto the counter and into one of the empty glasses. Again, Dante goes to leave.​
"Wait...Thanks" comes the bartender's voice.​
"I told you you'd thank me" Dante says before leaving to head outside.​
MISSION ONE - Midnight Frollocks (Tutorial Mission)
Mission Objective - Eliminate all demonic enemies outside of the bar.
Weapons -
Guns - Ebony and Ivory (Standard)
Swords - Rebellion (Standard)
As you kill the last enemy, it will drop something. It's an address of some sort. "Things are getting interesting" Dante states.​
MISSION END!!!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
cool but can you control patty in fights? can she actually fight?

Yeah Patty can fight man. Hence why I gave her Stylish Ranks. Her moves are based more on magic however :)

I've edited the post about the Stylish Ranks to include some additonal notes on new ideas for how the Stylish Ranks function.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Cutscene: Dante looks down at the piece of paper in his hand at the address written on it. "Huh!...Looks like I better pay this place a visit".

MISSION TWO - Out At Night
Get onto Dante's bike that's parked outside and drive to the desired location. You will come to an orphanage.​
Cutscene: "Demons looking to adopt. What's going on here?". Dante gets off his motorbike and looks inside one of the windows. The building is dark inside. The lights are off because it's night time. "Hm..."​
"Hi" come's a little girl's voice. Dante is surprisingly startled. "Uhh..."​
"What you doing?" she asks him. "Mmm, nothing little girl. You better go on inside. It's safer in there" Dante tells her.​
"Safe from what?"​
An odd feeling builds up inside of Dante. He steps in the way off the girl. A demon lands in front of them both.​
Mission Objective- Defeat the enemies whilst protecting the girl's health.
Weapons -
Guns - Ebony and Ivory (Standard)
Swords - Rebellion (Standard)
Cutscene:​
"Okkay...I think you need to come with me" Dante says. The girl opens her eyes, having been crying.​
"Aren't you scared?" the girl sweetly asks.​
"Not any more" Dante replies, taking the girls hand.​
MISSION END

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Well this game should let you play as anyone OTHER then Dante !

Seriously Anime has some really cool demonic characters and playing as them would be nice

2096674328_c634060531_o.jpg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The general idea is to elaborate on the particular feel the Anime gave off and to expand on it as a whole. As I mentioned before, the game won't be completely based off of the Animated Series, much more will be added in (Some things will be erased, mainly particular parts that can't be playable) or such scenes will be shortened/condensed into cut-scenes for the game. In the Anime it was mentioned that the name of the City Dante resides in is called Capulet City (Correct me if I heard the name wrong) That will have some sort of free-roam element to it that I'm working on.

New Styles
Firstly, I have two new styles for Dante. Gunslayer, which blends sword and gun attacks nicely to add more damage. And Doppelgänger, where Dante's aura acts as a separate being to almost double the damage of attacks. When using the Doppelgänger style, a second player can join to control Dante's aura adding a multi-player element to the game (Like how they did in Devil May Cry 3) Also missions with Lady and Trish can be played in multi-player.

Bloody Palace

Bloody Palace will be included in the game. The amount of levels will be 1000. Bloody Palace will be similar to how it was in Devil May Cry 3. You can go up in '1', '2', '5', '10' or '20'. The higher you choose to go up each time, the harder it will be. However, there will be three lives given to you in Bloody Palace Mode (If you buy them or find them in the game). These lives save you from death, but will set you back. If I moved up twenty levels and then died, it would erase a life and I'd be twenty levels down again. However, instead of being able to go back up twenty levels I'd have to play twenty levels in order to get back to the level it was I died on (So it still makes it challenging) If I died any time during that point, it would just set me back one level (As one is the smallest amount you can go up by).

Devil's Brawl

In addition to Bloody Palace, there is Devil's Brawl. In Devil's Brawl you select one or two characters from Devil May Cry (A selection will be given, of course) and you pit yourself against Bosses from all of the Devil May Cry games, in a battle to the death. When one or both of your characters are dead, the game is over. No life is given, but health is allowed to be used. Other items however are not allowed. Doppelgänger's multi-player feature will not be allowed in this either, as it would add to the player's ease. As you progress through this and kill more and more Bosses, you'll unlock more characters to play as in Devil's Brawl. Especially some familiar and much loved characters, which are harder to unlock. Note that you can't unlock certain characters unless you are playing as only one specific character that meets that criteria. Example: Play as only Vergil to unlock Nelo Angelo.

List of Devil's Brawl characters

Dante - (Already unlocked) Primary standard playable character.

Vergil - (Unlockable character) Defeat four bosses without using any health to unlock.

Trish - (Already unlocked) This character is already unlocked.

Lady - (Already unlocked) This character is already unlocked.

Patty Lowell - (Already unlocked) This character is already unlocked.

Nero - (Unlockable character) Defeat 8 bosses in Devil's Brawl to unlock.

Sparda - (Unlockable character) Defeat 15 bosses in Dante's Majin Form to unlock.

Lucia - (Unlockable character) Have defeated three bosses each with Lady, Trish and Patty Lowell (You may play as two characters to achieve this) For example: Play as Trish and Lady and defeat three bosses. Then play as Trish and Patty and defeat a further three bosses.

Angelo Credo - Defeat 5 bosses as Nero without using any health to unlock.

Mundus - (Unlockable character) Obtain an 'S' grade when you finally die after five bosses to unlock.

Nelo Angelo - Defeat 5 bosses as Vergil without using any health to unlock.

Dante's Majin Form - (Unlockable costume) Complete the story missions playing in Monster Mash-Up with at least six overall ranks at 'S' grade.

Sid - (Unlockable character) Complete the game on hard difficulty to unlock.

Monster Mash-Up

In addition further more, is Monster Mash-Up. Replay any mission with a selection of Devil May Cry characters, ranging from Dante, Trish, Lady to demonic enemies, such as Lusts, Frosts, a bunch of marionettes, Sin Reapers (You name it, it'll probably be there). In this you get a selection of ten characters. Characters that wouldn't usually have a Devil Trigger will get some form of Devil Trigger feature for the game. Enemies, like Frosts and such will get a Devil Trigger that more suits them (Like Bael from Devil May Cry 4 for instance) Only he won't be as large. This will add more to what you can do whilst in Devil Trigger, because you'll be able to access a wider range of Devil Triggers like this (By actually playing as one of the Devils themselves for a brief period of time). Lady doesn't have a Devil Trigger, so for that matter she will just regenerate her health slightly and have a brief period of time where her attacks are stronger and faster (But she won't drastically heal or change in appearance).

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
THE WEAPONS

NOTE: (ALL CHARACTERS EXCLUDES PATTY LOWELL)

Ebony and Ivory (Dante) Dante's standard handguns. He takes them everywhere he goes.

Force Edge (Dante) A mysterious secondary sword for Dante. What power does it truly hold?

Rebellion (Dante)

Sparda (Dante, Trish) The Force Edge's true form. This sword is the most powerful weapon in Dante's arsenal.

Red Queen (Nero) An extremely swift and heavily customised weapon that was made for him by an incredible blacksmith. Originally used for more military style purposes, now also customised to be more mechanical and menacing.

Blue Rose (Nero) Nero's standard gun. A very powerful revolver that packs a decent enough punch.

Devil Bringer (Nero) Unlike any other weapon. In gameplay terms, nothing short of epic. Nero's own unique arm, known as the Devil Bringer, uses moves such as snatch and buster. Deadly against all enemies.

Summoned Swords (Vergil) These maniacally conjured swords are tricky to avoid and can cause serious injury. Summoned at Vergil's will by dark magic.

Yamato (Vergil) A katana left to him by his father. It is strong enough to cut through any foe, no matter the size. And slice through walls with ease.

Luce and Ombra (Trish) Handed to her by Dante himself. These old styled handguns pack a serious kick. Enemies beware.

Alastor (Trish) Handed to her by Dante himself. Due to her lightning nature, wielding this sword really brings out the best in Trish.

Kalina-Ann (Lady) Heavy enough to handle. Slow to reload. This missile launcher can cause serious wide effect if fired properly. Coming with a blade attached to the end for those up close encounters.

Submachine Guns (Lady) These dual wielded submachine guns fire like no tomorrow. Not specifically known for their deadly accuracy, they are still an effective part of Lady's arsenal.

Coyote Type A (All characters) Your standard shotgun. Coyote Type A is at its best in those up close and personal encounters. Good use for clearing away a few demons in a quick blast.

Spiral Rifle (All characters) Known to be effective for its long range capabilities. This demonically styled rifle fires all manner of ammunition. It also has hidden uses and is extremely upgradable.

The Phoenix (Coyote Type B) - (All characters) A triple barreled shotgun. The Coyote Type B, known as The Phoenix, holds an impressive extra barrel. This weapon is capable of blasting away a larger range of enemies at close range, and also slightly more effective at long ranger that it's predecessor.

Fatal Attraction (Patty Lowell) An ancient and powerful bracelet worn by many sorcerers. It can control multiple elements and perform powerful magic to great standards. It is legendary and much sort after by demons and the like.

Blue Knight (Nero) A double edged sword, another addition to Nero's customised arson.

Velvet Hour (Vergil) Projectile shuriken's which teleport back to Vergil after being shot.

Solestor (Lady) One gauntlet controlling ice, the other controlling fire. Agni and Rudra in gauntlet form. One of Lady's most powerful and most helpful weapons. Control the elements as you see fit.​

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
MISSION RUNDOWN
General Note: The first five missions are basic tutorial type missions (Getting you use to the different characters and controls and prepared for the missions that lie ahead)​
Mission 1 : Midnight Frollocks (Tutorial Mission) Come to terms with controlling Dante and defeat a small pack of demons to protect the bar and the bartender.​
Mission 2 : Out At Night - Visit the address written on the piece of paper Dante found. Protect Patty Lowell from a few attacking demons.​
Mission 3 : Highway Star - Defend yourself against a relentless attack from pursuing demonic motorbikes. Make your way towards Devil May Cry.​
Mission Tip - Travel through speed boosters to increase your motorbike and attack speed.​
Mission 4 : The Bell Ball - (This mission has been split up into two sections. Part A and Part B.​
Part A - Dante has been invited to a ball by one of the Bell sisters. A highly respected lady in society. Attend the ball with Lady and make sure everything's as it seems.​
Part B - As Patty Lowell you are all alone in Dante's shop, Devil May Cry. Dante has guaranteed your safety. Demons are making their move towards the shop whilst Dante is attending the ball. Keep away from their suspecting eyes.​
Part A Mission Tip - Pay close attention to Dante's alertness meter. The higher it gets the more apparent it is that demons are close by.​
Part B Mission Tip - Draw the curtains and move obstacles in the way of the door. Avoid being seen by crawling and hiding in cupboards. Remain out of suspicion until the timer ends.​
Mission 5 : Encounters Of Another Kind -
Will be updated soon!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh wow, the idea that was long forgotten.

I'm updating this very soon. I just wanted to throw out some different takes on the 'O' Rank. Basically as I wasn't as keen on a couple, such as Overkill for Trish.

Outlandish
Outcry
Offensive
Over-the-top
Omnipotent
Obsessed
Obscene

Last edited:
Top Bottom