• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry: Reloaded

Meg

Meg said:
While I don't think a reboot was necessary at all (if I can come up with a way to tie the games together then Capcom sure as hell can) I'll admit if the look at feel of DMC was kept the same (including Dante's look), but instead they just started the story over then I'd be pumped UP for it. A new DMC game? *squeeeee!!!!!!* But! Instead we got this reboot thing that looks by golly terrible even as an original game. Oh sure its not out yet, but given NT's track records I'm not expecting much. Heck I probably won't even play it because I don't have money to spend on games that don't interest me one bit.

So put simply, a DMC reboot I'm not against, its just this reboot that just looks so fugly that I don't like even as an original game. Oh well.

*thinks*

Ooooh, a reboot DMC that keeps Dante the same, but with a new story? *daydreams*

!!!!!

I just came up with a new story idea!!! :eek:

*runs away flailing arms*

So this story is the result of me flailing my arms around as I ran to my notebook. Its a reboot story that basically erases the original story. So basically its what I said it would be in my quoted post...*ahem* Hope you guys like it!

Devil May Cry: Reloaded

Ch. 1

"Where am I?" he thought, "Who am I?" A chill ran down his spine. It felt like something was breathing down his neck. He turned slowly and came face to face with a giant black monster whose fangs were bared and drool dripped down its chin as it snarled. The young man backed away slowly. The monster lunged at the boy and he screamed.

He woke up in a cold sweat and looked around: he was in his bedroom, not that it really passed for one. It was only a dream then. He pulled his "blanket" up and closed his eyes, trying to go back to sleep. His room was nothing more than an abandoned house and his blanket no more than a rag. He tried laying on the couch his first night, but it collapsed under him. The floor became his bed.

He had wandered there a few weeks ago. He never stayed in one area for long because the monsters would always find him. This city was large enough to keep him hidden for now, but eventually he would have to leave his run down home like every other down home he stayed in prior.

People noticed him to easily. Word would spread and the monsters would hear and they would come after him. He ran his fingers through his white hair. That was how the monsters were able to find him. People remembered the kid with white hair. He had tried dying it, but every time it washed out like he never used any at all.

He actually managed to find a job in this city. That was good: he could save up the money so maybe one day he could get a place of his own. Assuming he ever got away from the monsters for good. Maybe then he could stop changing his name all the time to.

Every time he stopped at a town or city to rest he chose a new name for himself. In this city he was called Red. He picked it after the color of is old wore out coat.

The only things he owned besides the clothes on his back were his red coat, an old book bag, and the items inside of it. He had his money, a picture of a beautiful blonde women he swore he knew from somewhere, and a necklace with a red jewel on the end. He knew that was important to, but he had no idea why.

-------

Well that's all I've got right now. I've got tons of ideas though! I'll be writing more soon. Let me guys know if you are interested in reading this. I handwrite all my stories and only type up ones that people are interested in reading, so let me know. :)

P.S.

DS has been beta-reading a story for me and I've been trying to use what she taught me, but anything you guys noticed that can improve pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease let me know about. Please? @.@

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I really like it Meg. :) I can't wait to see what you do next. However...you said his coat was read...that's all I noticed at the moment. ^^ *excited to see what's next*

Meg

^Thanks, Shadow! I fixed the error. ^^

Here's the next part!

Truth is he didn't remember much of anything. Oh sure he remembered spending the past several years wandering from town to town, but he couldn't remember his early childhood. He couldn't even remember his birthday. He assumed he was eighteen because that's how old people seemed to think he was, so that's what he went with. He decided his birthday would be May 18th. That was the day he got his job and swore that he would have a new life. While he was saving up for a place of his own, that's what he told people, he was secretly saving up for something else first: a gun. Something he could use to fight these monsterss. He was keeping track of the amount of money he had. He had gotten other odd jobs before putting him at $57.38. He wasn't sure how much he needed for a gun, but he had a feeling he was still a ways away.

He rolled over to his side to look out the window. He got really good at telling time from where the sun was since he didn't have a watch. It was about five in the morning. He'd have to get up to go to work soon, so he groaned and stood up.

The place that he worked at was called Sweet Tooth, it was a bakery owned by a middle aged couple whose son was away at college. They talked about him a lot. Tim had just turned twenty-one and would be graduating in the spring. He was studying to become a doctor and had plans to go to medical school.

His parents had a small place over the bakery where they lived. They were keeping their son's room clean for when he came back to city to go to school there. They were both very excited and Red was happy for them to.

He arrived at the bakery ten minutes later. He had to jog in order to get there in time. He didn't mind it though since he was always in good shape. Truth is Red really didn't know how. Oh sure, he travelled on foot a lot, but he never lifted weights or anything yet his whole body had muscle. He figured it was the same reason he has white hair and why the monsters were always after him.

He went into the bakery via the side door and headed into the back to wash his hands. He put his apron on and got to work getting out the supplies.

An older man came down the steps and clasped his hands. "Red! Bright and early as always."

Red gave him a cheesy grin. "I look forward to wearing a pink striped apron and bake cupcakes everyday!" he replied sarcastically.

"Ah, stop it!" the man waved his hand. He was the owner of the bakery, Mr. Garrith. He had met Red on the street one day while getting a newspaper. He never saw a kid with white hair before. Truth is he didn't know anything about him, but he seemed honest enough and was willing to work, so he hired him. Ok so it was his wife's idea, but he didn't regret it one bit. They had a surprise for Red as well.

"Ok," Mr. G, as Red called him, began, "you wanna make the frosting today and I'll do the cakes?"

"Why not?" Red shrugged as he readied the ingredients. He secretly liked doing the frosting sincee he was good at it. It always turned out so rich and creamy. He even got compliments from customers before!

Mrs. Garrith came down the stairs and smiled, "The two of you look so cute working together."

Red and Mr. G looked at one another awkwardly. "No we don't!" Mr. G chuckled nervously. "We look like men hard at work."

"Making cupcakes." she pointed out slyly.

"Oh you!" Mr. G laughed. "Hand me that do-hickey over there will you? I gotta get this done."

"It would help if I knew what a 'do-hickey0 was." she countered. The two of them poked fun at each other for kicks. Red continued working quietly as he listened.

"I see you smiling over there!" Mr. G yelled at Red.

"I'm not." he replied while trying to keep a straight face. Trying.

The bakery opened a few hours later. Red was polishing the glass case when there first customer came in. "Hello and welcome to Sweet Tooth." he said mechanically. "How can I help you?"

The customer that came in was short, about a foot shorter than Red, but with a big upper body from going to the gym. His face was swollen and his black hair was matted down in front of his eyes. He did not look like someone that wanted a chocolate cupcake with rainbow sprinkles.

"Can I help you?" Red asked again, unsure of what else to do.

The man sniffed loudly and looked around at the different sweets. "I'll uh...have one of these. The red velvets."

Red wasn't sure but it sounded like the man empathized "red" to much. Nah, it was just his imagination. Either way he carefully placed the dessert in a bag and handed it to the customer who then handed Red a ten dollar bill. "Keep the change." he muttered and walked out.

"What the hell?" Red muttered under his breath.

The man picked up the pace as soon as he was away from the bakery. He turned a corner and threw the cupcake into the dumpster. A stranger was leaning next to it. He was wearing a sweatshirt with its hood up. "So?" he asked.

"Yeah, that's him." the man with the swollen face answered.

The hooded man looked up at him and smiled. "Good." he said. His white bangs could be seen covering his left eye.

-----

That's the end of chapter 1! Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, especially the mental image of Dante wearing an apron and making cupcakes. ;) Concrit would be appreciated! :)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm thinking its awesome.
I do find it funny that he is named red since the mc for pokemon red is named red.

Reactions: Meg

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
You're very good, especially with dialog, it sounds just like Dante. I would really like to see how u write action sequences though
good job

Meg

Ch. 2

Later that day after the bakery closed Red and the Garriths went upstairs to have dinner. While it wasn't unusual for Red to stay for dinner it wasn't common either. The stiffled smiles both of them wore only added to Red's curosity.

Mr. G put the food on the table while his wife put out the utensils and glasses. Red was told to wash up in the meantime. He did what he was told with a sly smile on his face. He knew something was up. The upstairs was always clean. Mrs. G saw to that. Everything was always dusted and in its place. She has to occasionally smack her husband over the head to help with the cleaning, but he always would in the end.

Red went back into the kitchen and sat down. The three of them made small talk for awhile before Mr. G cleared his throat. Red looked up at him and waited. "So, uh...." Mr. G began, "you know our son, Tim, was planning on coming home this summer?"

"Yeah?" Red responded.

"Well, he called us the other day and said he was moving to the other side of the country with his girlfriend, so we aren't gonna need his room anymore. See, we've been thinking we'd give it to you."

Red looked at one of them to the other. Were they serious? No, but then why would they joke about something like this?

"We know you don't have anywhere nice to live, we'd feel better knowing you were somewhere safe." Mrs. G chimed in.

Red took a long and slow sip of water as he thought. "Sorry but I can't."

The Garriths looked at each other. "Why not?" Mrs. G asked quietly.

"It wouldn't be right. Besides, I'm leaving soon anyway."

Mr. G studied him carefully. "Leaving, huh? Where you plan on goin'?"

"I don't know yet, but I hate hanging around one place for to long." It pained him to say that. He wanted to stay, but he stuck around for to long as is. The monsters would be here soon if they weren't already. Mr. and Mrs. G's pained faces weren't making it any easier.

"Well..." Mr. G began, "you go and get then."

"Henry!" Mrs. G yelled at her husband. "He can at least finish his dinner."

Red felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up. Something was coming, no it was already here. Uh oh.

The Garrith's bickering was cut off mid sentence by a blade swooping down from the ceiling taking the married couple with it. Red screamed and lunged at the blade, grabbing it in his hand. He tried to yank it out of the attacker's grip, ignoring the pain as the blade cut into his palms. It was then he saw the sword wasn't being held in anyone's hand, it was the hand.

He looked up and saw a monster snarling at him. Its six eyes were all focused on him. Red jumped back and ran out of the room with the monster hot on his trail. Red burst into the Garrith's room and slammed it shut. The monster collided into the door causing Red to push on it with all his might to close it again. He fumbled for the lock, his sweaty hands sliding all over the handle. Finally he found the lock and turned it.

He backed away hurriedly as the monster continued to slam against the door. The wood began to crack. Red looked and spotted the closet. He opened the door and grabbed a shoe box. His sweat dripped down his nose onto the box as he tore the lid open. Inside were two twin pistols, one silver and one blac. Mr. G told him about these. They were a gift from his father who had purchased them from a stranger who claimed they were magic, that they would never wear. However, they also took no bullets. There wasn't even a way to open them to put bullets in. The stranger claimed that magic was needed to make them work. Regardless they felt right. Something inside of him resonated with the pistols.

The sound of the door breaking open brought Red back. He spun around with the guns in his hands and pulled the triggers. There was a loud crack and the monster cried out in pain. It wasn't enough though. It quickly got back on its feet.

Red continued firing at the monster. Most of the shots missed, but they kept the monster back. Red slowly backed up to the window and, one gun still firing at the monster, jumped through. He landed on the rooftop of the neighboring building and ran. He heard the sharp cry of the monster, but he never stopped running.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Ted looked and spotted the closet.
hehehe

wish u would of described the "monster" a little more, i like the 6 eyes so i pictured some kind of insect with razor type legs
and i like the shooting with one gun while backing up to the window. (classic)

Meg

Ch. 3

Red tried his best to calm down. He wasn't sure how much time had passed since the attack, but he guessed it had been a few hours. He lied on a pile of garbage inside of a dumpster. He was sure to close the lid. The smell was awful, but it was the best hiding place he could find.

The monsters only ever attack him at night. He would wait until morning and then make a run for it. He'd buy a hat to cover up his hair to. Originally he didn't want to spend any money he didn't have to because he needed to save up for a gun, but now he had one. Two actually.

He then realized all his money was in his bag back at the bakery. He groaned. Once the sun came up he would head back there. He couldn't leave behind his bag. It not only held his money, but also that necklace and picture of a woman he swore he knew. He couldn't leave either.

Fortunately he knew where his bag was. It would be downstairs in the bakery. He always left it by the side door, so he could quickly grab it before he left.

Red shifted his head to the right so he could see the crack in the lid. Light was beginning to come in. He would give it another hour to be safe. He then spotted an old shoe with who knows what growing on it. Forget it, he was getting out of that dumpster there and then.

He burst out and stretched, groaning. He could only imagine how bad he smelled. He jammed his two guns into his pants and used his shirt to cover them up. Red walked out of the alley and headed down the street. He was just a young guy going to work, nothing out of the ordinary.

He got the feeling the streets were to quiet though. Oh sure, hardly anyone was ever out all those days he walked to work, but today was just...to quiet. Still. As if life wasn't just sleeping, but there was no life at all. Could people have found out about the attack? No, there hadn't been enough time. Still, once people found out they would be after him. Everyone who ever went to the bakery would remember the boy with white hair. Cops would be looking for him. Great.

Outside the bakery looked the way it always did. If Red didn't know better he would never have guessed something happened last night. A pang of guilt shot through him as he placed his hand on the doorknob. It was his fault after all. He shouldn't have lingered so long. He shook his head and pushed the door open.

The air felt cold and empty inside. A chill went down Red's spine. Everything was so still, so...quiet. To quiet actually. He spotted his things and grabbed them. He put his jacket on and placed his guns carefully inside the jacket. He swung his bag over his shoulder and walked out.

"Hello Red." a voice came from behind him. Red wheeled around and saw a young man with his hood up leaning on the alley wall. "That's what you call yourself, right?" the man continued "You're getting less creative each time. I liked the first name you picked, Tony. That suited you."

"Who are you?" Red asked.

The man stood up straight and walked toward him. Red grabbed one his pistols out and aimed it at him. "Don't come any closer."

"Oh look, you found them. We were wondering how much longer that would take."

"What are you talking about?"

"They were made for you."

"What?" Red stumbled back. "Who the hell are you? Talk sense."

The man smirked and took his head down. White hair dropped down in front of his forehead. Red stared in shock. "Who...?"

"My name is Nero." the other man said simply. "You might want to get your other gun: the demons will be here soon. You're going to need both of them."

Red, his gun stilled aimed at Nero's head, pulled the trigger. Nero reached up and blocked the bullet with his hand. Red gaped, not so much at what happened, but at the sight of Nero's arm. It was red with claws and glowed blue in the middle. "What the hell are you?" Red yelled once he composed himself.

"The same as you." Nero answered and reached up. A long white wispy arm came out of his red hand and grabbed the rooftop of the neighboring building, pulling him him. Red fired another shot at him, but missed.

"Damn it." he sneered, "Who the hell was that?" he asked as he ran his fingers through his hair; Nero's words still fresh in his mind, "the same as you."

The roar brought him back down to earth. Red turned and saw a giant monster charging toward him. Demons, Nero called the demons. "Whatever they're called, I'm getting tired of seeing them." Red sighed and took out his other gun. He immediately started firing. The monster lunged and swiped at him with his claws. Red jumped back, all the while still firing.

He got around the demon and ran down the street, firing blindly behind him. He heard the demon scream in pain and figured he must have hit it. Lucky shot.

Red suddenly stopped short. "No." he muttered under his breath "no more running away." he turned and blasted the monster with bullet fire. The demon screamed and fell to the ground. Red kept firing for a few seconds to make sure it was really dead.

"Hmph." he scoffed and put his pistols back in his pockets. "Now to find that arrogant kid. He's got some explaining to do."

-----

Sorry if this chapter isn't very good. I'm sick and I think my writing is suffering. :(

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I started reading this the other day and didn't have time to comment - very cool so far. keep spreading the.....er.....Red-ness! :D

Meg

I started reading this the other day and didn't have time to comment - very cool so far. keep spreading the.....er.....Red-ness! :D
XD There's red-ness in my sig to!
Thanks, Eb, and don't worry: it will turn into Dante-ness soon.

*coughforeshadowingcough*

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
...Nero...? not who i was expecting. it is interesting to see a story where Nero knows what is going on and Dante is confused.

will Vergil show up at some point?

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
epically amazing i really liked it. i didnt want to think of anything else while reading it i even read it twice it was very good. meg i dnt think u knw me im new but id like to say ur an awesome writer u should write more often ive read some great books but this was equally comparable and griping nice character evolution u should write more. awesome to make nero dantes guider this wouldve been a nice reboot then DmC keep at it :D
hope u get better soon

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
wow this is great fan fiction, i was literally shocked when the guy in the hood turned out to be nero, nice character introduction! :] and im really starting to feel an emotional connection to red. keep up the great work! :3

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
meg this is awesome i like it a lot will "red" get rebbilion, allistor or force edge ? any of them would be epic

Top Bottom