• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry: Legend of Sparda

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Watching these, try to picture how you see Sparda's story. I'd picture Sparda betraying his demon race for humanity, by surrending himself to Jesus Christ. Beowulf would be the first demon he'd fight as first boss.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Watching these, try to picture how you see Sparda's story. I'd picture Sparda betraying his demon race for humanity, by surrending himself to Jesus Christ. Beowulf would be the first demon he'd fight as first boss.

Again, I can't imagine them having Jesus appear especially since if I remember correctly its sad there are no angels or heavenly being in DMC just pretty demons.

_Coby_

Jesus doesen't exist in DMC universe.

Again, I can't imagine them having Jesus appear especially since if I remember correctly its sad there are no angels or heavenly being in DMC just pretty demons.

yeah there are angels but they are never shown. (example) in DMC4 Credo believed to have become an angel, that shows that certainly the angels exist in the universe of DMC and Credo believed in them.

Sorry for my bad english

_Coby_

@Ronin

I got news about Sparda!
I'm playing bayonetta and i found a note of a journalist named Antonio Redgrave!
Strange isen't It? Dante's name were going to ne Tony Redgrave before the changed It to Dante.

Sorry for my base english

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin

I got news about Sparda!
I'm playing bayonetta and i found a note of a journalist named Antonio Redgrave!
Strange isen't It? Dante's name were going to ne Tony Redgrave before the changed It to Dante.

Sorry for my base english
It's not canon but if they ever do a Bayonetta x DMC game, it's elements they can build upon.

_Coby_

It's not canon but if they ever do a Bayonetta x DMC game, it's elements they can build upon.

Actually, DMC and Bayonetta take place in the same universe. In the Bayonetta manga we can Discover that Enzo is the EX Dante's agent.

Sorry for my bad English

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Actually, DMC and Bayonetta take place in the same universe. In the Bayonetta manga we can Discover that Enzo is the EX Dante's agent.

sorry foto my base English
It actually isn't because Capcom hasn't confirmed it yet. Most of the shoutouts are in Bayonnetta only and they meant to be shoutouts to Kamiya's past work at capcom (such as resident evil or okami).

If capcom did a bunch of shoutouts in DMC5 that references Bayonetta then they would be connected.

Or if they do a crossover game.

Last edited:

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Jesus doesen't exist in DMC universe.

yeah there are angels but they are never shown. (example) in DMC4 Credo believed to have become an angel, that shows that certainly the angels exist in the universe of DMC and Credo believed in them.

Sorry for my bad english
l well not exactly, they could just believe they exsist

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Sparda might have an easier time with his prequels because there is less to outright contradict than with Big Boss.

Everything you know about him is from a myth or legend spread across millenium.

Lots of wiggle room.

DarkSlayerVergil

But how do you picture his demon slayer outfit? Vergil's feels Victorian while Dante's is all modern plus with one looking cowboyish.
Funny I always assumed Vergil style was some Victorian mixed with Samurai influences:
Devil-may-cry-dmc-3-vergil-costume-jackets-875x1000.jpg

Jinbari(Samurai robe):
bd912c0e2315b4ad1c5a2816b5415d6c--samurai-art-japanese-clothing.jpg

While Dante was more of a mix between a European knight (rebellion) and cowboy (ebony and ivory).

Last edited:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
When do you think we'll ever get a new DMC game that will tell the story of Sparda?
I HOPE NEVER! Sparda is too legendary, he SINGLE HANDEDLY beat the God of Demon World and his army and also sealed the demons forever. I'm pretty sure its next to impossible to make a story that lives up to the legend as we'd imagine. It would have to be like AS epic and awesome in spectacle as God of War 3 and as nuanced&multi-layered in writing as the Baldur's Gate. AKA its freaking impossible!

Elijah Guerrero

Y'know, for hyping Mundus up and saying he's the be all end all threat, i'm super curious if this new demon overlord in DMCV is his former boss come to retake his throne, the one mentioned in DMC1 that Mundus overthrew milennia ago to rise up and become King of the Demon World, he (Mundus) is titled the Prince of Darkness.

Top Bottom