• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry HD collection selling more than DmC on Amazon

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm not surprised.

Dissagreers don't want DmC's success so everyone go for the HD collection to show Capcom that they don't want it.

Lucky for me, I don't fall into such tactics.

Nekodark

One the HD collection has been out longer then DmC and from what I seen DmC is right under it,two the HD collection is way cheaper and also the fact that people are as DragonMaster said people want the new game to fail so they are buying and giving that a better rating also there is a fact that people who got DmC wants to see the Original series and is buying that but again DmC is right under the HD collection and both are in the 50's so yeah.

Now if HD Collection was like in the 20's or something and not right above DmC that would be something else, this is nothing.

Slacri

One the HD collection has been out longer then DmC and from what I seen DmC is right under it,two the HD collection is way cheaper and also the fact that people are as DragonMaster said people want the new game to fail so they are buying and giving that a better rating also there is a fact that people who got DmC wants to see the Original series and is buying that but again DmC is right under the HD collection and both are in the 50's so yeah.

Now if HD Collection was like in the 20's or something and not right above DmC that would be something else, this is nothing.
It's been going up and down a lot, and I'm pretty sure Amazon does top sellers weekly or something. Not on overall units sold since release. Currently HD is at 52 and DmC is at 63.

Nekodark

It's been going up and down a lot, and I'm pretty sure Amazon does top sellers weekly or something. Not on overall units sold since release. Currently HD is at 52 and DmC is at 63.

From clicking the link HD is right above DmC..I do not know what your seeing..and again DmC just came out and HD has been out way before it notice the 42 days next to it. so I see nothing worthy of mention as I said neither of them are in the top 10. both are doing fine on their own.

Also DmC has a lot working to have it fail but that is another thing it is fine as I said now if HD was like number 2 or something fine but it is still in the 50's and DmC is in the top 60 so yay for both.

Edit: There is something I noticed that is making me laugh seeing it, last time I was on Amazon the Original DMC games were well rated but not like they are now but it is good since I still have fun with them so if both DMC and DmC are getting sold it a good day for me to see as a fan, besides what do I care I am not getting monies from either of them Capcom is. lol

Slacri

From clicking the link HD is right above DmC..I do not know what your seeing..and again DmC just came out and HD has been out way before it notice the 42 days next to it. so I see nothing worthy of mention as I said neither of them are in the top 10. both are doing fine on their own.

Also DmC has a lot working to have it fail but that is another thing it is fine as I said now if HD was like number 2 or something fine but it is still in the 50's and DmC is in the top 60 so yay for both.
Have you clicked it recently? I'm looking at it now and DMC HD is at 53 and DmC is at 64. Also, I'm pretty sure Amazon does it weekly so the amount of time the game's been out is irrelevant, or else every CoD game would be in the top 10.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I'd have thought DmC was doing pretty well, considering the amount of likers and haters are pretty even..

Slacri

I'd have thought DmC was doing pretty well, considering the amount of likers and haters are pretty even..
I'm conflicted. It's a niche genre and series to begin with and Capcom hasn't done itself any favors by splitting the fanbase in half. We'll have to see how well their attempts to expand to a broader audience work.

Frantix

FYI, it's 4chan doing their protest. They're mass-buying copies of the game while down voting and giving bad reviews to DmC. It's admirable they've gotten the game to reach the top sellers, but unless they just keep buying copies for the next few weeks, then it won't be sustainable and it'll drop out eventually, which will just account for a blip. Also the game still in the pre-order phase on STEAM, it's been moving up and down in the top 20 for a month or so. Which is fine. It'll shoot up once it's out.

But basically, staring at these top selling charts won't do you any good because it doesn't show you everything. It's pointless to start analyzing sales for the game after barely a week has passed.

Slacri

FYI, it's 4chan doing their protest. They're mass-buying copies of the game while down voting and giving bad reviews to DmC. It's admirable they've gotten the game to reach the top sellers, but unless they just keep buying copies for the next few weeks, then it won't be sustainable and it'll drop out eventually, which will just account for a blip. Also the game still in the pre-order phase on STEAM, it's been moving up and down in the top 20 for a month or so. Which is fine. It'll shoot up once it's out.

But basically, staring at these top selling charts won't do you any good because it doesn't show you everything. It's pointless to start analyzing sales for the game after barely a week has passed.
Steam games actually normally do have decent pre-orders if they're successful. The game has actually been dropping in down on the list. It's #21 now. Behind Magicka, Garry's Mod, Skyrim ( a game that came out last year and is still full price ), Blops 2 ( same as Skyrim ), Arma 2.

Dark Souls has a similar niche fanbase like DMC does, but when it was made pre-order available it topped the charts on Steam.

I agree that it is pre-preemptive to completely judge this game's sales though until we see GameStop's details.

Frantix

Steam games actually normally do have decent pre-orders if they're successful. The game has actually been dropping in down on the list. It's #21 now. Behind Magicka, Garry's Mod, Skyrim ( a game that came out last year and is still full price ), Blops 2 ( same as Skyrim ), Arma 2.

Dark Souls has a similar niche fanbase like DMC does, but when it was made pre-order available it topped the charts on Steam.

I agree that it is pre-preemptive to completely judge this game's sales though until we see GameStop's details.

Magicka is currently on sale for the weekend, which accounts for the sales. Like I said, it's been out for pre-order for a month now and it's been jumping around. It spent some time in the top 10 for awhile, but as a whole, it's been doing fine. Just because you see it at the #21 now doesn't mean it's doomed. Which again brings me back to my point, staring at the top sellers list is a very limited and narrow way to gauge sales. It's also not really accurate to compare the game to other established games like GMOD, Blops, Skyrim, Arma 2, etc; since those games have massive PC audiences, and are much cheaper than DmC.

But really, you shouldn't fixate on these sales figures after only 5 days on the market. It doesn't work like that. Unless you want to feel about about which ever game you're rooting for.

Top Bottom