• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry for VR?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Will they create a VR system for DMC?

Wonder how the hack & slash system will look like with that?

Goldsickle

The problem I see with this is that it's gonna cause intense motion sickness.
A lot of the playable characters' moves involve them spinning, whether horizontally like a top, horizontally but upside down or multiple rotation somersaults.

The characters can handle these dizzying motions because either they're trained for it or because they're of demonic lineage but for mere humans to try and simulate that through their eyes, it may be too intense.

To get an idea what I meant, try playing Metal Gear Solid 2.
Both Snake and Raiden have melee attacks where they do spin kicks.
If you try to attack in first person view, the spin kick will actually rotate the camera with your character.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
@Goldsickle

My profile has an old post where I talk about how a first person view could be used but through someone else.

Not my best idea, but I couldn't care less.

Goldsickle

My profile has an old post where I talk about how a first person view could be used
Something like that kinda exists.

In Cardcaptor Sakura, the main character has a friend who is always by her side, recording all of Sakura's activities with a camcorder.
There was a Dreamcast game where you kinda take the role of a "cameraman" and follow Sakura's adventures (acting out some scenes from the anime) and take snapshots for points.

And then there's Pokemon Snap.

But all this talk about cameraman kinda reminds me of the Spider-Man ride in Universal Studios theme park.
The "story" is that the park guests who are in the ride become reporters for the Daily Bugle and are covering a Spider-Man story or something.
I went through that ride in the Osaka Universal Studios.

Top Bottom