• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry: Bane of the Crystal Arch

Blueman

Trickster
Prologue: April 5th, 2:31 pm, Devil May Cry shop...

Dante moved towards his shop carrying several big bags of groceries. As he moved up to the door, he was met by Trish, who seemed to be a little sleepy.

Dante looked at her, then moved inside and looked around. "Well I'll be..." He turned back and faced Trish once more, "You ate the rest of the pizza! I was saving that!"

"Oh jeez, there were only four slices left."

"But they were mine!" Dante flicked Trish with his remaining hand. He headed back in and layed the bags down on his desk, and began pulling out random food items. Trish came from behind him, "So, what are we eating tonight?"

"Me? I'm eating tuna tonight. You on the other hand, are eating nothing."

Trish circled her eyes and gave Dante a light shove, and then the phone rang. Dante shot Trish one last look, and then attended to the phone.

"Yo, this is Devil May Cry, what can I do for you?"

"Wow, you sound stupid sayin' that."

"Oh? And who is this."

"Dante, it's Nero, and you need to get down here right now."

"What's the problem."

"Oh, nothin' big, we just have a small town of people summoning demons from some crystal...Damn, it's bright too."

"Eh? Where are you." Dante looked at Trish and lipped out the situation.

"Hmm, head west down the road until you come up on this little gate leading into the mountains. Bout' twenty miles down that way is this little town called Greenhill. I'm there."

"And how do you know about this place."

"Let's just say, they wanted my blood."

"Well, I'll be over there in a bit." And with that, Dante put the phone down. "You wanna come on this one Trish?"

"Nah, I'm sure you can handle it, besides, I need some sleep." Trish said in an annoyed voice.

"I told you to go to sleep early last night, but no, you never listen, and now look, you're gonna' sleep right through dinner."

"Really, I thought there was no dinner in store for me." Trish mouthed back in a sarcastic tone.

"Agh, I'm leaving. I'll be back later." Dante jumped out the door and hopped on his motorcycle. He was soon zooming off to the small town of Greenhill.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Very interesting... I shall be keeping a close eye on this gem of a story :)

I have repped you for your work ;)

Blueman

Trickster
Chapter 1: April 5th, 3:04 pm, Outside of Greenhill...

Dante slowed to a stop as he came up on the gate to the mountains. It was open, and Dante decided to finish the ride to the town. Noticing the sky turning a dark, black color off in the distance, Dante had a feeling it was because of the town, and he also thought of it as a challenge.

Eventually coming up on a small dirt road, Dante wasn't too keen on dirtying up his ride, so he got off, making sure the keys were with him, just in case.

"I began to wonder when you would get here." Nero said as he dropped from a tree branch.

"Well, I'm not gonna' leave you hangin' kid."

"That's always good news...shall I lead the way?"

"Whatever you say, I just wanna' get this over with soon."

"Oh, I'm sure we will." Nero stated confidentally, as he began to run down the road. While Nero made his way towards the town, Dante followed as he said to himself, "We'd better, or you'll be owin' me a dinner."

Blueman

Trickster
April 5th, 3:18 pm, Greenhill gate...

Nero and Dante neared a tall gate, flanked by a wall that went around the town, protecting it from any threats.

The gate seemed to be damaged to an extent, and as Dante knocked on it, it creaked open. The sight consisted of several burning buildings, with black smoke stacks hurtling up into the sky. Dante took the first few steps onto the cobblestone road, and looked around. "No sign of any survivors, looks like we missed out on the party, kid."

"Yeah? Some party it must have been too." Nero replied as he came in behind Dante.

"Well, first things first."

"What?"

"I'm hittin' the closest restaurant."

"Psh, you and that stomach of yours. I'll go ahead and scout out the area beyond."

Dante and Nero split apart in search of anything out of place, survivors, and a restaurant. Soon, Dante came upon a small building, unscathed in any way. "Perfect!" Dante exclaimed as he walked inside the pizza shop.

There was no warm pizza in Dante's unfortunate life though, much less any pizza at all. Dante gave a sigh of disappointment, and turned around to see a person staring at him from across the street.

Dante rushed out of the shop, and ran towards the person. "Hey! Wait, don't go anywhere." Dante shouted as the person began to run from him. "HEY! Gah, no one ever listens."

As the person began to run down the street, Dante chased after him, eventually losing track of where he went. Dante finally gave up and turned around to head back to the gate. He was shortly distracted by a large explosion, and shouts of an angered mob.

He ran towards the sound, and found that the large crowd was shouting at Nero, throwing stones at him. When they saw Dante, they all stopped and stared. "There are two?" A man in the front shouted. Then a more sophisticated looking person emerged from the people. "Hmm, Dante. How interesting, but you are of no need here."

"Wait, how do you know me?"

"You are only the other son of Sparda, aren't you?" The man paused, and then continued. "Well, either way, I am Huri, no need for last names, and I will tell you once more, you aren't needed here. We only need him, or, his arm rather." The man stated as he pointed at Nero.

"Well, I'm sorry, but you can't have me, or my arm." Nero chimed in.

"If we can't have it, we'll just take it."

"I'm afraid I can't let that happen." Dante finished before he was bashed across the head.

"OW! Watch where you're swingin'...that...thi-" Dante dropped to the ground. The last thing he saw was the crowd swarming Nero.

"Kid..." Dante fell unconscious.

Blueman

Trickster
Chapter 2: April 5th, Time not known, Greenhill

Dante woke up in the bottom of a deep, stone pit, and looked up. The pit wasn't that deep, and past that, Dante noticed the sky turning an off orange. "Do they know anything about me?" Dante chuckled as he hopped out of the pit. No one else was in view, and nothing could be heard either. Dante reached for his pistols, only to find that they weren't there.

"Well, at least they're somewhat smart." Dante said disappointedly. He began to run down the street, and tried to get a grasp of where he was. Unfortunately, he had no idea. As he delved deeper into the town, a faint chanting noise could be heard. He followed the noise until he came upon a large dome. He opened the door, and saw rows of chairs, filled up with people, all facing the front, where an old man stood next to Nero, who was chained to the wall. "Kid!"

"Dante? Get out of here, it's a trap!"

Dante noticed the old man next to Nero pull out a blue crystal of some sort. It took on the shape of a jagged arch, and as Dante watched, the man forced it into Nero's right arm. Nero screamed. "Well this is interesting." Dante said to himself as he ran towards Nero and the man.

Dante's foot finally made contact with the first step, when something grappled him, and took him to the floor. Dante looked up, and saw that it was a demon taking on the form of a reptilian warrior. "This sure ain't new..." Dante began as he grabbed it's head, and hurled it off.

He looked back at Nero, who's arm was glowing a very bright, dark blue. Nero seemed to be unconscious, or worst. "But this is." Dante finished, once more running towards Nero. He pushed the man out of the way, and jerked the crystal out of Nero's arm.

"It's too late you fool, the crystal has already done what it must! Now it is left up to his arm to finish the job." The old man gasped as he tried to stand back up.

Nero's chains simply fell off, as he began to float into the air. Dante looked at him, and then back at the old man. "What are you talkin' about?" Dante griped, as he took the old man by the neck of his robe.

"I'm saying that we have summoned him combining the powers of the crystal and his arm!"

"Summoned who?!" Dante yelled as he kicked the oncoming demon with the back of his boot.

"You're brother." The man smiled as he looked at Nero. Dante turned just in time to see the light fading away from Nero's body, but it wasn't Nero anymore.

"Vergil..."

slapsus

very interesting... i mean very!...

one issue though... how could you make DANTE unconcious??...

just kidding... love the story so far:D

Blueman

Trickster
April 5th, Time not known, Greenhill...

"Dante." Vergil said as he gracefully touched down on the floor.

"But how?" Dante looked at Vergil, who had everything, the katana, the jacket.

"I don't know..." Vergil looked at everyone as they began to bow down. "But they all look familiar."

"What?" Dante questioned, still surprised that he was actually talking to his brother.

"All of these people, I've seen them before."

"My lord, it was the effects of the crystal. You seem to have dreamed before we summoned you." The old man quickly answered.

"What, lord? Who are you?" Vergil seemed confused.

"Since we found the crystal..." The man pointed to the arched crystal in Dante's hand. "we've been trying to find the right host to bring you back. That's when we found that boy with the arm... he seemed perfect, so we tried. Then you came." He finished.

"You worship me?"

"Yes... we know that you are more powerful than Sparda himself."

Vergil looked to the side, remembering that he couldn't even defend himself from Mundus. He looked back at Dante. "Well, you and I, have business to attend to."

"I beat you fair and square!" Dante replied, irked that Vergil still wanted a fight.

"No, the last time we fought, it wasn't me. That scum of a demon, Mundus, was controlling me." Vergil paused, "Where is your weapon?"

"Hmph, ask them." Dante looked at the old man, then the crowd.

The old man looked at Vergil with fear. "You wish me... to fetch his weapons?"

"Yes, you useless worm!" Vergil exclaimed.

The old man backed down in fear, and quickly rushed away into another room.

"You seem to be in a bad attitude." Dante looked back over to his brother.

"You wouldn't know." Vergil replied with a smirk.

All of the sudden, Dante felt a nudge. He looked down to see the hilt of Rebellion in his face. "Whoa, not so close, I don't want any scratches." He said as he took the sword, and then his guns.

"Ha, still using those I see." Vergil looked down at the twin pistols.

"They've saved my life more than once."

Vergil gave a sigh, looked at the old man, and then back at Dante. Dante looked at him, and saw that his eyes looked the same as when they fought at the gate of the underworld.

"Die." Vergil lunged foward, quickly unsheathing Yamato. Dante repelled the first attack bringing out his gun to block the blade. Dante then jumped back, unloading rounds and rounds of ammo on Vergil. Vergil spun his blade to deflect the bullets.

"Well, lets put on a good show for the fans." Dante looked at everyone. They were all stunned.

"Lets." Vergil said as he rolled to the side, and then forward, trying to stab at Dante.

Dante grabbed the blade, and pushed it to the side, smacking Vergil with his free hand. Dante then kicked him back, pulling out his sword.

For the next few minutes, the two struck at eachother, successfully defending each of the others blows.

Then Vergil jumped into the air, and did a quick movement with his hand. Eight blue swords appeared around Dante.

"This same old trick again?" Dante said squinting his eyes at Vergil.

"Ha, I've improved on it." Vergil replied with a wicked smile.

As Dante jumped into the air, the swords began to follow him. "Well, I guess you did improve on it." Dante said as the swords began to slide into his skin.

"But I've improved on my fighting too." Dante laughed as he devil triggered. The force of the transformation blew the swords away.

Blueman

Trickster
Chapter 3: April 5th, Dusk, Greenhill...

"Vergil, how much can you take?" Dante struggled to say as he found himself overpowered by Vergil.

"Dante, you've grown weak. I haven't even began to tire."

Dante looked up at Vergil with a smirk, and sluggishly tried to attack him once more, but in return, was stabbed.

"You have grown to boring to fight anymore, so hurry up and die." Vergil finally finished as he twisted the blade, and kicked Dante off of it. Dante stumbled and fell to the ground.

"Wow, Vergil, you win this one. I give up."

"It's not over yet..." Vergil said as he stepped over to Dante. He looked down on Dante's motionless body, "because you're not dead."

"Why do you need me dead this time?"

"I will open the gate to the underworld once more, and you won't be here to stop me this time."

"Is that so?" Dante said as he rapidly dodged the plummiting katana, then dodged several more speedy strikes. "Why do you need that this time?

Vergil paused for a moment, "Need what?"

"Well, you sure came back with some flaws. I want to know why do you need the gate open again?" Dante smiled as he repeated his question slowly.

"Dante, what are you talking about? I have no intention on opening the gate."

"You just said, you needed me outta' the way, so you could open that damned gate!" Dante shouted as he Vergil began to twitch.

"What?" Vergil felt pain shoot up through his spine. He squirmed.

"Dante, don't listen to me!" Vergil replied as the copper taste of blood trickled into his mouth.

"What's wrong with you?" Dante rushed over to his brother.

"It's him! He's trying to control me again!"

Blueman

Trickster
Dante watched Vergil, and backed away as he flickered in and out of his devil trigger. Lightning fast beams of energy began to strike everywhere around Vergil. All of the people that stood by now tried to push past one another in panic, not knowing what was happening. Then Dante finally realized what was going on. "Mundus."

No sooner did Dante say his name, three large red circles in the form of a triangle appeared in the sky, which was now a black, spinning, vortex. Dante looked up at the sky and snickered to himself. "I lose a friend, get my brother, lose him again, and then look up to see you again?"

"Yes Dante, strange isn't it? This all played out perfectly, and now I have taken my oppurtunity."

"I gotta' know, how did you get here though?"

"What? You really think there is sanctity in this place? Not with that crystal being here." Mundus' voice echoed through the town as Dante looked back at the townspeople. Everyone except the old robed man, Vergil and Dante had fled from the scene, seeking shelter from the demon lord.

"Dante, you have once more fallen into my brilliant plan."

"Oh, and what's that?"

"I can now rid this world of the last remnants of Sparda! But first, a quick show of entertain-" Mundus was immediately cut off by the old man.

"Away with you, fowl god-" The old man stumbled and coughed, "fowl god of the underworld!" he continued.

"What's this?" Mundus chuckled as a beam of lightning trickled from the sky, and struck the man. "Pest."

Dante looked at the charred corpse, disgusted at Mundus, then looked at the oncoming, devil triggered Vergil. He quickly avoided the first fatal blow, and released several dozen rounds from Ebony and Ivory. Vergil growled, and began speedily pacing in Dante's direction.

"Vergil, don't do this." Dante said as he was nearly sliced in two by a swing from Vergil's blade. Dante quickly pulled his sword and swung it. Vergil took the hit, and laughed. "You won't defeat me this time."

Blueman

Trickster
Mundus' booming laughter pierced the air as Dante and Vergil struck at eachother with the intent to kill. Dante avoided a near fatal swing of the Yamatoand clumsily devil triggered. Vergil took advantage Dante's pace and dove into him shoulder first.

They grunted in unison and both flew into the side of a building; debris flew through the air, and in moments Dante came hurtling back out, and landed on the ground with a thud. His devil trigger wore off quickly.

Struggling to get back up, Dante was pinned to the ground by Vergil's blade plunging deep through him. He fought to get the twisting blade out of his chest, but failed and soon lie motionless on the ground.

Vergil changed back to normal and ripped the blade out of Dante, cleaning on a nearby patch of grass, sheathing it and walking away. Mundus seemed disappointed in Dante's poor show of fighting against Vergil, and quickly changed plans to something a bit more entertaining.

Vergil payed no mind to Dante's body floating towards the sky.

Top Bottom