• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 6 Discussion Thread

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
The next game should have Nero find his mother.

And would you see the "Rival of Nero" be a hero, anti-hero, villain, anti-villain or neutral?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The next game should have Nero find his mother.

And would you see the "Rival of Nero" be a hero, anti-hero, villain, anti-villain or neutral?
I would prefer a morally complex character but DMC fails at pulling it off. The reboot is better but still struggles. Here's hoping the upcoming animated series pulls it off.

I'd give Nero a new rival each game/story.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I had an old idea that Kyrie dies and comes back as a ghost. It's inspired by the TV Show Being Human (US/UK).

Back in the day people wanted to kill her off and have Nero go on a revenge quest. I thought this direction might less cliche. It's less about avenging Kyrie but dealing with adjusting to the new status quo.

Would Ghost Kyrie try to help Nero fight by using her newfound powers as a ghost?

Would Nico try and build Kyrie a robot body?

Would Kyrie have a new job as a Reaper of souls? Is there a being the dead answers too?

Is there a way to bring her back? Does it have a cost?

The possibilities are endless. Kyrie's problem is that she's uninspired and a super outdated trope from 1980s anime. So this is a way to do more with her and still be unique.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I would prefer a morally complex character but DMC fails at pulling it off. The reboot is better but still struggles. Here's hoping the upcoming animated series pulls it off.

I'd give Nero a new rival each game/story.
That doesn’t seem encouraging.

I mean the rival for Nero must be someone who can relate to his morals but in an opposite direction.

Would you see his rival with a scar and one eye or a mask hiding his scars?

And I’m sticking with a khopesh being his main weapon.

And Royal Guard is the last of Dante’s styles in need of being used for a new character, when going on the defensive to offensive.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That doesn’t seem encouraging.

I mean the rival for Nero must be someone who can relate to his morals but in an opposite direction.

Would you see his rival with a scar and one eye or a mask hiding his scars?

And I’m sticking with a khopesh being his main weapon.

And Royal Guard is the last of Dante’s styles in need of being used for a new character, when going on the defensive to offensive.
It's your story so you could design Nero's rival how you want.

Multiple rivals for Nero prevents them from getting stale. They wouldn't overstay their welcome like Vergil does.

Top Bottom