• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 6 Discussion Thread

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
It’s going to take a while for DMC6 to come into fruition. So for now, here’s a good thread to talk about ideas for a Devil May Cry 6.

Please discuss ideas for how you all picture a DMC6.

• Gameplay
  • Designs
  • Characters - Veterans & New Faces: Whether playable or NPCs. Please talk about original characters you all want to add into the franchise. Including what to move forward on the veterans like Dante, Vergil, Trish and Lady.
  • Story
  • Weapons - Devil Arms & Firearms
  • Enemies - Lesser ones & Bosses

Noble Aeonwar Ladonne

the hellish lord
I feel that Dante and Vergil should begin to step into the Demon World as more than rogue demons… I feel the Vergil should have to step up to the throne or Dante becomes corrupted by the energy some ancient defeated demon he absorbed, just something to break the ice if anyone else would like to add to my comment

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd want a new cast completely seperate from the Sparda family drama.

But I'd be down for Dante and Vergil traveling through Hell. They should fight Jehda Dohma and crossover with Darkstalkers.

A joke answer is a Multiverse game. You could have a multi-Dante story. Or use it as an excuse to have him meet Viewtiful Joe.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I just want a full dante game again, nero is okay but after over 20 years as a dante fan i can't see myself enjoying dmc6 as much if it is just the nero show

It would be like goku and vegeta leaving dragonball, and gohan becoming the main character.

Seperate campaigns in demon world, for dante and vergil and human world for nero, i am okay with that

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
We are probably stuck with Nero for the foreseeable future. I'd probably do something like The Defenders where Nero has to work with 2 or 3 new characters to defeat a new threat. They are themed after the remaining Styles with Nero taking Swordmaster.

Nero doesn't pull off the lone tough guy routine as well as DMC3 Dante did. He works better as a team player in DMC5 so I'd lean into that more.

This could work with Lady, Trish and Lucia but I prefer them to be new characters.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Does everyone have thoughts on what kind of new characters shall join the fray in the next game? Nero has Trish & Lady backing him up.

But for newbies, any ethnic backgrounds for DMC to explore like the Indigenous? Asian? Latin/Hispanic? African? South/Southeast Asian?

Next game, introduce someone kinda like "Giorno Giovanna". I see Nero like Josuke Higashikata. JoJo in the brains.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I liked the trailer for the new Bayonetta spinoff "Cereza and the Lost Demon".

I wouldn't mind doing a tale set in Dante and Vergil's childhood.

It could also work as a prologue for a story if you want to stay in the present. It similar to "the other side of the lane" by Neil Gaiman.

I wanted to play around story structure and have a story that stretched two or more different eras of someone's life.

It could work as an anniversary game for the series. A way to track Dante throughout the various eras of his life.

Vergil also works because his life is a blank canvas outside of his appearances in the games. Plus 5 was too dependent on you feeling sympathy for him as a kid without making him sympathetic as an adult. It made the ending feel forced so this is a way address that flaw to me.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Everyone have thoughts on a new character almost close to Giorno Giovanna, along with Broly?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Everyone have thoughts on a new character almost close to Giorno Giovanna, along with Broly?
Those are fine but you should be more specific with what you are looking for.

What aspects of those characters do you want to use?

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Those are fine but you should be more specific with what you are looking for.

What aspects of those characters do you want to use?

Well imagine the new character’s DT kinda berserker-like as Broly in Legendary Super Saiyan.

And like Giorno’s Stand, he can turn organic or inorganic objects into weapons. Even then animals into weapons if in need.

That’s just some of those things so far.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well imagine the new character’s DT kinda berserker-like as Broly in Legendary Super Saiyan.

And like Giorno’s Stand, he can turn organic or inorganic objects into weapons. Even then animals into weapons if in need.

That’s just some of those things so far.
The berzerker DT would've worked better for Nero's DT but you could use it for a rival. Someone with a temper problem. You could use it for a barbarian type character like Uvogin from Hunter x Hunter.

The latter could work for a wizard/witch character but I'd scrap the turning animals into weapons bit. The latter feels random.

A better way to say it would be "soul manipulation". This character can push souls from one body into another. That involves living souls into inanimate objects.

Next time just be more specific with you are looking for. Not everyone would get your references.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
The berzerker DT would've worked better for Nero's DT but you could use it for a rival. Someone with a temper problem. You could use it for a barbarian type character like Uvogin from Hunter x Hunter.

The latter could work for a wizard/witch character but I'd scrap the turning animals into weapons bit. The latter feels random.

A better way to say it would be "soul manipulation". This character can push souls from one body into another. That involves living souls into inanimate objects.

Next time just be more specific with you are looking for. Not everyone would get your references.

Sorry. It's not easy to make an original character.

Am trying to picture the rival character, who used to be part of the Order of the Sword's Holy Knights to the path of a mercenary.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Sorry. It's not easy to make an original character.

Am trying to picture the rival character, who used to be part of the Order of the Sword's Holy Knights to the path of a mercenary.
I get it. It takes practice and you'll get better at it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Since it is implied that humanity gives demons power, and cambions are more powerful than full demons

Mundus having a cambion son with a priestess would make for an interesting enemy to face the sparda twins, and maybe said son having a son or sons of his own to face nero

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@ef9dante_oSsshea
You could have it be a twist on immaculate conception. Mundus had tons of kids with human women who served him all across the world. He didn't have sex with them but he used them as incubators.

@Ronin
My mercenary doesn't have to be from Fortuna. But you could use someone who was a former follower of Sanctus. They couldn't adjust to the new Fortuna and sought their livelihood elsewhere.

Meg

Top priority is a game completely focused around Nero. I love Dante and always will, but give our guy Nero a chance to completely carry a game himself. Maybe it won’t work, but it needs to at least be tried. Keep Dante as a bonus unlockable character like Vergil.

Hope do you guys feel about a Mexico inspired setting? It’s such a beautiful country; I think Capcom could have a lot of fun with designing the world.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Top priority is a game completely focused around Nero. I love Dante and always will, but give our guy Nero a chance to completely carry a game himself. Maybe it won’t work, but it needs to at least be tried. Keep Dante as a bonus unlockable character like Vergil.

Hope do you guys feel about a Mexico inspired setting? It’s such a beautiful country; I think Capcom could have a lot of fun with designing the world.
I'd be into a Mexican inspired setting. I don't mind the European castles but I don't mind going outside of them. I was hoping the mobile game would do a Chinese based setting.

I wouldn't mind this guy drawing DMC.

Ez_g-ELXMAE_KLg.jpg:large

He also did Shadowman for Valiant Comics so he has expierence with supernatural themes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meg

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
It's not easy finding a good rival for Nero in the next game as he takes over.

Should the new rival be a half-breed like Dante & Vergil, but outside of the Sparda family? Maybe relate to Mundus, if Mundus did something the opposite of Sparda in giving birth to a child of his legacy.

Plus the weapon of his/her's? I go for a Khopesh, due to it being an African sword from Egypt.

khopesh-egyptian-sword-black.jpg

Plus if Nero gets himself a Devil Arm of his own, suited for his Devil Bringer in replacing Yamato... I go for the nodachi/odachi! Have Nero dual wield Red Queen with it.

CS88BNn.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Meg's post in the other thread got me thinking about my old Nero sequel pitches.

I thought Fortuna was his strongest asset as a character. Leaning into his relationship with the city and its traditions would set him more apart from Dante. Plus apparently he was ostracized as a kid and really only interested in the Order for Kyrie. So I would've explored that more if I had to adapt 4 and I'd try to those those traits back in a sequel. Setting it in Fortuna is a way to do both.

I thought Nero was better as a team player than a lone wolf. So I'd have a game where Nero works with two or three new characters in order to defeat a shared threat.

@ef9dante_oSsshea asked about Nero having a twin. It could be cliche but twins do run in families. I have a fraternal twin sister and i have triplet aunts. So i'd give Nero a fraternal twin sister and explore his mother's side of the family. His mother was a Witch who traveled with Vergil. She was forced to give Nero up so she left him in Fortuna while she fled from an unknown enemy. I'm retconning the novel that stated Vergil left him there but 5 made it seem like he didn't know Nero existed so this feels smoother.

There was a post about killing Kyrie off but I'd subvert that cliche by bringing her back as a ghost. It's inspired by the British show Being Human. The plot is less about avenging her but finding out whether she could be brought back to life fully. The rival is another couple who wants to do the same but they are less concerned about morality.

I had fairytale pitches for Dante and Vergil- the Wizard of Oz and Momotaro respectively. So I'd do one for Nero too. All 3 would focus on an adventure they had in their childhood that has consequences in the modern day.

A way to do a remake of 1-3 without actually remaking the game is to have Nero do another case in the same setting. Its similar to Doctor Who or Star Wars as settings will get revisited with new stories.

My problems with Nero are just a bad first impression. So this is a more manageable way to fix him and showcase what he brings to the table. At the end of the day his problems are just same as the legacy characters from Marvel or DC. So looking at them would be a good way to go.
We are probably stuck with Nero so here are some thoughts on where he could go next.

Last edited:
Top Bottom