• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5 Confirmed?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Okay I got arrested for stealing from charity, but what the cops didn't see coming was my handy dandy laser shooting pogo stick.

But really this game gave me chills down my back the minute it was announced

What I want is a romantic relationship between Dante and Lady just to lead to a cliffhanger for a game starring Dante's son

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
This is not DMC5... this is a sequel to DmC, I don't think they ever said they wanted a DMC5 out in 2.5 years, just another Devil May Cry game. Now whether that be DmC or DMC, who knows.
They never said DmC2 or DMC6. Therefore, it could be DMC5. They even said "Devil May Cry 5" themselves! DMC5 couldn't mean DmC sequel... If they called it "DMC6" then it would've been a different story. Cmon now.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
They never said DmC2 or DMC6. Therefore, it could be DMC5. They even said "Devil May Cry 5" themselves! DMC5 couldn't mean DmC sequel... If they called it "DMC6" then it would've been a different story. Cmon now.
Other than the. Top font saying DMC5 nothing in that article can prove a DMC5. If it were really DMC5 why would Capcom go through the trouble of making DmC? Think about it.
DMC1
DMC2.
DMC3
DMC4
DMC Anime
DmC.
DMC5
How does that make sense?

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Other than the. Top font saying DMC5 nothing in that article can prove a DMC5. If it were really DMC5 why would Capcom go through the trouble of making DmC? Think about it.
DMC1
DMC2.
DMC3
DMC4
DMC Anime
DmC.
DMC5
How does that make sense?
To attract new fans of the west who are unfamiliar with DMC? >_> Just think of it like the new Prince of Persia. (I know there are more PoPs but I'm going by the modern ones)

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (PoP1)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (PoP2)
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones (PoP3)
Prince of Persia (?)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PoP4)

PoP can't be considered a sequel because it has no direct association with the other PoPs, other than spirit.

DmC could've been a side project, or a waste of time. Only time will tell... Btw how does it make sense to scrap a series with an already established fan base? :troll:

Dante47

I thought they made DmC because, and lets be honest, the awful story telling of the previous games.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
why would they make DMC6 before 5?

plus SRS has a point since DmC caused Capcom to loose of their fans so why would they come back for 5 after DmC?

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
why would they make DMC6 before 5?

plus SRS has a point since DmC caused Capcom to loose of their fans so why would they come back for 5 after DmC?
Some people like to call DmC "DMC5", so it'd come as no surprise if someone called DmC2 "DMC6".

What Choco said. If DmC fails, they could always go back to the original series and bring back those lost fans.

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
i wonder what dmc and final fantasy combine would be like......
this is off-toppic, but actually DMC4 reminded me of final fantasy :p (I've done a Dante cosplay once (with official dmc4 costume) and many people told me "hey it's final fantasy!...oh hum...I mean devil may cry, sorry xD" (ok maybe those were not video game addicts xD) )
but again, if DmC and DMC aren't set in the same universe and therefore don't share the same story, why can't they release the two at the same time? DmC developed by NT and DMC by capcom....
EDIT: because NT needs capcom's money. --'

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
this is off-toppic, but actually DMC4 reminded me of final fantasy :p (I've done a Dante cosplay once (with official dmc4 costume) and many people told me "hey it's final fantasy!...oh hum...I mean devil may cry, sorry xD" (ok maybe those were not video game addicts xD) )
but again, if DmC and DMC aren't set in the same universe and therefore don't share the same story, why can't they release the two at the same time? DmC developed by NT and DMC by capcom....
EDIT: because NT needs capcom's money. --'
lol Same. I remember when someone thought Dante was Sephiroth with a haircut... =P (Hey, I did too! Except I did DMC3 Dante. Want to see? XD)
To stay on topic, I honestly don't see why not. Sometimes I wonder if Capcom handed DMC over to NT only to make them look good, or if NT kissed Capcom's ass...

thisparty'sgettinCRAZY

when did they ever say devil may cry 5? they said that five years is too long for a new devil may cry and they want the next one out in 2.5 years. never once were the words devil may cry and 5 mentioned in the same quote, the author of the article just wants more attention from the readers
http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-aims-for-more-devil-may-cry-in-2015-6378261
see... no mention of dmc5, and subsequent titles in the series can mean dmc5 but it most likely means DmC2

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
when did they ever say devil may cry 5? they said that five years is too long for a new devil may cry and they want the next one out in 2.5 years. never once were the words devil may cry and 5 mentioned in the same quote, the author of the article just wants more attention from the readers
http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-aims-for-more-devil-may-cry-in-2015-6378261
see... no mention of dmc5, and subsequent titles in the series can mean dmc5 but it most likely means DmC2
*sight* I think you are right... (except for the DmC2 part) it doesn't mean anything it's just something a careless journalist without the least interest in Devil May Cry hastily wrote...

EDIT: I will email that guy and create a new thread dedicated to the mail and its possible answer

Top Bottom