• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5 Confirmed?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
As long as it doesn't suck, I'm good. But it mostly depends if DmC is good. Judging by the poor sales for the HD collection, let's hope DmC does good so that there can be a DMC5. However, this feels like CAPCOM is just saying DMC5 so that fans will get DmC, only to screw with us and say "no DMC5" with troll faces.
Capcom_troll.png

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Personally, I don't think it'll suck, considering that Capcom stated that a real DMC5 would be custom tailored to what the fans want. It's good news for me regardless (if DMC5 ends up being true), and yeah... If DmC flops, it'll affect DMC in the long run. One, because DMC will be forever associated with a bad game, and two, reception will play a great part. Look at DMC2 and DMC3. DMC3, by most fans, is heralded as the best DMC game in the franchise, yet it did the poorest sales wise. Since DMC2 was bad, it affected DMC3's sales. A lot of people were turned off. Same could happen with DmC and a real DMC5, if DmC isn't good. But let's hope it does good, and nah, I highly doubt that, lol. Even though Capcom are the trolls of the gaming industry, DMC5 is something THEY want for 2015. I didn't hear them say "DmC2" or "DMC6". Just DMC5. They were talking about their popular franchises, and DMC is considered one of them. DmC is pretty much a new series so I doubt they're referring to it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
There is a rumor going around that NT is working on a new game that could be a new ip so they might not be able to do DmC2 anytime soon.

So they could just have DMC5 waiting in the wings.

I'll be wary of DMC5 because Capcom doesn't know what to do with the franchise but I'm open to them changing my mind.

I'm not against prequels, I just think the best move would be to bridge the gap between 4 and 2 and keep it in the present. None of this jumping around the timeline randomly and without cause.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I want both.

...But, I'll pass on another DmC for a continuation of the heavenly sword franchise with more weapons and the Dmc combat system. Bad-ass resurrected goddess Jump canceling Nariko ftw! No annoying fans to pester them along the way, just pure Ninja theory goodness back where it belongs.Plus with Ninja working again on an engine they developed in-house just for the powerful PlayStation 3, they can modify it to standard to get the graphics and frame-rate at a pleasingly steady level.

I can dream, right?

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I have a feeling they wont stick to their original series and honestly I dont want them to . I just feel that Dmc 4 brought many loose ends to the series and they should continue with the new DMC and fix those loose ends . It is probable that Dante might become the white haired Dante we know at the end of the game and then they skip to the Dmc 4 time period and do a reboot of Dmc4 explainng the origins of Nero and the fate of vergil.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
It's not what you want, though. It's what Capcom wants. How can Capcom fix the old DMC's loose ends if they stick with the new DMC? That's not fixing anything. DMC5 could bridge the gap between DMC4 and DMC2 (like Z218 pointed out) while explaining Nero's origins. One character can't mess up the series that badly, so I don't know why members like you continue to act he did. Are you aware that DmC has no direct association with the original DMC? With that being said, it wouldn't matter if new Dante became white-haired by the end of the game.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
U think its a complete reboot whereas I think its a reboot where they keep the main story same but change some of the details but none us can be proved right until the actual game comes out

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
U think its a complete reboot whereas I think its a reboot where they keep the main story same but change some of the details but none us can be proved right until the actual game comes out
actually Capcom and Ninja Theory said that it is an alternate universe therefore we know that it is not part of the original Devil May Cry storyline now without needing any other information (it is not clear if it was always intended to be an alternate universe but it is one now so that is all we need to know.)

DMC

Devil May Cry
im confused dante cant really go any further in his story how are they make a number 5?
are they replace dante with nero or wat?
:blink:

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
im confused dante cant really go any further in his story how are they make a number 5?
are they replace dante with nero or wat?
:blink:
lol There's a lot of things Capcom can do with DMC5.

-Bring Mundus back (He never really died; he was the only demon Dante couldn't kill, because his power was too great. He could only send him back to the Underworld.)
-Bring Vergil back (Father & Son bonding with Vergil and Nero...YEUH! It'd be interesting to see an older Vergil too.)
-Give Lady more screen time (She only had two cutscenes in DMC4. =/ Maybe make her playable in DMC5 as well, if Dante/Vergil/Nero are in deep shyit, some point in the story, lol.)
-Make Dante be the main character again (Or maybe have him, Vergil, and Nero be the main characters and have them team up against Mundus. I think we should be able to play as all three, but Dante should have the most missions out of anyone.)
-Explain Nero's origins (We don't really know his whereabouts in DMC4, other than he has the blood of Sparda mingling through his veins...)
-Bring in new characters (The game can't be cramped because it could simply have longer missions. In 2015, the PS4 will most likely be out, so there's a chance we'd see DMC5 on it. Damn, Dante's abs in PS4 graphics...SIGN ME UP! XD)
-Bridge the gap between DMC4 and DMC2 (Or forget DMC2 ever happened and just move forward.)

Anyway, yeah. There's a lot of things Capcom could do with DMC5. Just thought I'd share my thoughts.

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
2015...I don't want to wait that long :'( xD but still, it would but soooo cool if it was a "true" DMC (with 3 big capital letters not just 2 xD). every true DMC is a genuine treasure...we have so little information about the characters and so on, but the community makes so many things out of it... so a whole new DMC means so many new discussions, so many fan arts...everything! :) I just can't wait!! xD --'

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
I would literally buy a PS4 JUST for DMC5. XD

I mean, this could very well be true...DmC could've just been a side project, to bring in new fans. New fans would probably want to get into the old DMC, etc. Once Capcom has them in their grasp, they'll bring in DMC5. So I think it's a good business plan overall.

DMC

Devil May Cry
lol There's a lot of things Capcom can do with DMC5.

-Bring Mundus back (He never really died; he was the only demon Dante couldn't kill, because his power was too great. He could only send him back to the Underworld.)
-Bring Vergil back (Father & Son bonding with Vergil and Nero...YEUH! It'd be interesting to see an older Vergil too.)
-Give Lady more screen time (She only had two cutscenes in DMC4. =/ Maybe make her playable in DMC5 as well, if Dante/Vergil/Nero are in deep shyit, some point in the story, lol.)
-Make Dante be the main character again (Or maybe have him, Vergil, and Nero be the main characters and have them team up against Mundus. I think we should be able to play as all three, but Dante should have the most missions out of anyone.)
-Explain Nero's origins (We don't really know his whereabouts in DMC4, other than he has the blood of Sparda mingling through his veins...)
-Bring in new characters (The game can't be cramped because it could simply have longer missions. In 2015, the PS4 will most likely be out, so there's a chance we'd see DMC5 on it. Damn, Dante's abs in PS4 graphics...SIGN ME UP! XD)
-Bridge the gap between DMC4 and DMC2 (Or forget DMC2 ever happened and just move forward.)

Anyway, yeah. There's a lot of things Capcom could do with DMC5. Just thought I'd share my thoughts.

there making a ps4?! man im such a cave man... >_<

thisparty'sgettinCRAZY

This is not DMC5... this is a sequel to DmC, I don't think they ever said they wanted a DMC5 out in 2.5 years, just another Devil May Cry game. Now whether that be DmC or DMC, who knows.

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
This is not DMC5... this is a sequel to DmC, I don't think they ever said they wanted a DMC5 out in 2.5 years, just another Devil May Cry game. Now whether that be DmC or DMC, who knows.
Making DMC fans wait for 2.5 years to offer the a rebooted DmC 2 is what I call torture...torture is illegal xD
but you said "a sequel to DmC" ...a sequel to DmC can't be a DMC since it's two different universes :(

Top Bottom