• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4 Xbox 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobfigurz

Indeed.

I dont hate Microsoft, after all I use many MS products on my network, but the MS console's just cant compare to the PS range, simply put.

All the PS3 negativity is stupid and the majority of people that have nothin good to say about it are XBOX loyalists.

Look at the XBOX 360, its graphics arent that far beyond the PS2 graphics and it boasts HD graphics, yet the PS3 boasts of HD graphics which truly look amazing and it has alot more in reserve. Its reportedly been said that devs are'nt using the PS3's full capabilities due to the fact that the Hardware is so new and complex that they've only managed to get 20-30% out of the games and as development goes on and they figure out the technology, the better the games will become.
So as it stands the PS3 will blow the XBOX 360 out of the water, imagine when the devs know their way around the PS3 and how to make use of its Power, the XBOX will be left for dead.

Then theres the future projects, its rumoured that a PS4 may see the light of day in 2012.

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
To right I beileve Microsoft should stick to what there good at and that PC's leave the consoles to the experts like Sony.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The only gripe I have with Sony is how they've mucked us around with the release date of the PS3...they owe it to us to make a great console and if it isn't up to my expectations then I will not be a happy bunny.

I have neither a 360 (should be getting one soon though) nor a PS3 (coz they're not released over here yet) and I am certainly not about to pay over £400 for a games console...but nevertheless, when the price drops (and it invariably will) then Steve and I will consider investing in one, as well as a 360...after all, I can't play Oblivion and Fable 2 on the PS3, can I? ;)

The thing that does appeal to me most about the PS3 is the backwards compatibility - Steve massacred our PS2 (long story - all his fault) and to be able to play some of my favourite PS2 titles on a much more powerful machine would be pretty damn cool.

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
*Giggles* to right Angel they have made us wait 5 years for that console so it best be good otherwise they will have me sat outside there office and they wont like that. PS3 from what I have info wise in my PS3 Mag its good and I am happily waiting for DMC4 hehe.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The only thing that does concern me is the little glitches in the system that most, if not all, new consoles have at first. So my waiting for the price to decrease is also gonna give me time to see if people are having trouble with their console...Microsoft screwed quite a lot of people over the 360 issues they were having and I wouldn't wanna pay a fortune for a console that screws up after a while...

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Yeah a lot of companies have troubles I mean lets take Nintendo they recalled the Wii's because the Wii remotes were faulty.

Mobfigurz

Some people are having a Heating problem with their PS3's but that isnt a wide spread issue, only a small number of people are having that issue due to where it is they're putting their PS3's.

I found its best to stand it on its side, the exterior doesnt get so warm like that.
But, its said the heat will be decreased with the 2nd Gen PS3 and weight, as well as production cost, but if that reflects on the RRP then its all worth while.

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Playstation have never had really big problems with there consoles not as far as have a huge call back at least I dont think the PS2 has a call back right.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
There were a few issues with the original PS2's before they got all slim and sexy, whereby the laser wasn't reading discs properly...they fixed that with the new style PS2 though...

Mobfigurz

I've had each Sony Console, minus the PSP since launch, and I never had any issues with the original PlayStation, but I did have problems with the PS2 (1st Gen), about 4 years after I purchased it and they werent costly problems, just annoying. (A worn out laser guide arm and Worm Drive)

Dhampir

Vampire Hunter
I have to laugh when i hear people say the 360 has bad graphics compared to the ps3. Is there a single game right now that looks better than Gears of War? No. The PS3 isnt as powerful as most of you think. The processor in the ps3 is more powerful in terms of number crunching, as long as developers don't get lazy. However, the gpu in the 360 is a bit more advanced. I remember how sony was trying to show off how the ps3 could do 1080p, but its best looking games still only run in 720p. Resistence runs at 720p at 30 fps, and VF5 runs in 720p aswell, while Gears of War runs in 720p at 60fps. So where is the power at? Its already been said that DMC4 will look like the TGS trailer, which isnt even up to GoW's level in terms of graphics. What does all this mean? Unless the developers are backed by Microsoft or Sony, don't expect to see those pretty next-gen graphics that they like to show off.

I'm not a fanboi of either console and i own both, but someone needs to stand up a bit for the 360 in this thread. As far as xbox having issues with its console i have 72 people on my xbox live friends list, 30 have had their xbox replaced by Microsoft, none of them complain about their customer service tho :p. On PS3 i have 0 friends (so i have no way to ask) because no one uses a damn microphone and there is no way to comunicate in games :mad:, and none of the upcoming games im buying (AC4) support it on the ps3 :dry:. So please stop bashing the consoles themselves and instead bash the developers for being lazy pricks!

Mobfigurz

Dhampir;19170 said:
I have to laugh when i hear people say the 360 has bad graphics compared to the ps3. Is there a single game right now that looks better than Gears of War? No. The PS3 isnt as powerful as most of you think. The processor in the ps3 is more powerful in terms of number crunching, as long as developers don't get lazy. However, the gpu in the 360 is a bit more advanced. I remember how sony was trying to show off how the ps3 could do 1080p, but its best looking games still only run in 720p. Resistence runs at 720p at 30 fps, and VF5 runs in 720p aswell, while Gears of War runs in 720p at 60fps. So where is the power at? Its already been said that DMC4 will look like the TGS trailer, which isnt even up to GoW's level in terms of graphics. What does all this mean? Unless the developers are backed by Microsoft or Sony, don't expect to see those pretty next-gen graphics that they like to show off.

I'm not a fanboi of either console and i own both, but someone needs to stand up a bit for the 360 in this thread. As far as xbox having issues with its console i have 72 people on my xbox live friends list, 30 have had their xbox replaced by Microsoft, none of them complain about their customer service tho :p. On PS3 i have 0 friends (so i have no way to ask) because no one uses a damn microphone and there is no way to comunicate in games :mad:, and none of the upcoming games im buying (AC4) support it on the ps3 :dry:. So please stop bashing the consoles themselves and instead bash the developers for being lazy pricks!

True enough, but you forget that we're still in the initial phase of the PS3's life, but that doesnt go to say Sony are blameless in the slow take up and development.

Also, since you have a PS3 you can verify that what your saying graphics wise isnt accurate, yes the current list of games dont do justice to the console and output at 720p, but is that the console or the developer?
The PS3 is capable of alot, but it requires time for someone to make use of its full potential and since devs werent to familiar or even brought upto speed in regards to the technology we're fallin behind, in the sense we dont have many games to play. But that will change during March/April.

To touch on your point about the HD res, you say most of the current PS3 games are running at 720p which everyone is aware of and at 30 frames, yet you just compared a game which Im assuming you rate highly on the 360 as being far beyond the current line up of games on the PS3, yet after how many years of being on the scene the 360 game you spoke of is only capable of 720p @ 60 frames. So, lets give the PS3 the same timescale as the 360 had to bring out a game that similar then you can compare them, but remember, where the 360 is limited to 1080i, the PS3 will be running in True 1080p.

But you know what, this is useless. Firstly, the dude that created this thread came on here talkin **** for no reason about the PS3, there was no need to drop such negative **** in two sentences and on top of that, he insulted us :mad:

Anyways, too many people are gettin caught up in this 'console war', each to his own.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
By the way, the PS3 that is being launched in Europe is actually going to be less powerful than the one in Japan and USA - with limited backwards compatibility too. I just don't think Sony regard Europe as a lucrative enough market to give us the same as everywhere else...

Dhampir

Vampire Hunter
Angel;19211 said:
By the way, the PS3 that is being launched in Europe is actually going to be less powerful than the one in Japan and USA - with limited backwards compatibility too. I just don't think Sony regard Europe as a lucrative enough market to give us the same as everywhere else...

The only difference is that the EU ps3s will use software emulation for running ps2 and ps1 games. They are removing the ps2 chips from it to help lower production costs.

Mobfigurz

Its not less powerful, as Dhampir said the only difference is that the 'Emotion' chip will be removed and the Emulation will be taken over by Software rather than the PS2 Hardware, which only results in a lower percentage of games being backwards compatible with the PS3. But the plus side is possibly a lower cost to the consumer, after the initial launch in Europe and that the BC percentage can be pushed up through software updates.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I agree most of the launch games are a bit bad in graphics but most gaming companies don't use the console to it's full potential. MGS4, Creed, final fantasy and of course DMC4 look better then most of the XBOX360 games I've seen so far. The director of Capcom say's DMC4 is a PS3 exclusive.

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
I cant and wont see it happening cause thats like Halo coming out for Playstation it just aint going to happen well it best not otherwise they will have a very angery dude.

Atikkin

Shrine Child
Wait a minute. Devil May Cry 4 placed with the Xbox? Is this fact or fiction? I'm actually stunned. This is Devil May Cry 4, an exclusive game specifically for the PS3.

Why, after all this time, would there suddenly be a switch with the game consoles? Is it because of the PS3 not performing well as it should? Sony ran into a problem like this before with the first generation PS2. Eventually, they designed a better,lighter, and more durable model. They can do the same with the PS3, so they can be rid of all the flaws it possesses.

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
No No it wont be he asked it will not be coming out on Xbox because Sony would never sell them the rights so dont worry infact I am happy that Sony bought the rights to the sonic team games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom