• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4 Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Now we have all been wondering as to why Dante is not the main character, and well, now we have found out why this is. This isn't an Arpil Fools Joke or anything, this is solid evidence, it is even on the official Website.

It's a famous gaming mag from Spain and they have a new interview with Hiroyuki Kobayashi (Producer of DMC 4) and Hideaki Itsuno (Director of DMC 4) and they just let out a VERY big surprise about the storyline concerning Dante...Here's the translation:

HC: ¿Which role will Dante play within the game?

Kobayashi:You'll see.When you play it you'll realize why Dante it's not the hero anymore and why Nero is in his place etc...
Itsuno: After "DMC3" we found a problem:
¿What will the players think of a much weaker Dante after the power he got in "DMC3"? in many cases, as in games as in movies the best trick is "amnesia"
Kobayashi:Yeah, think of Dante losing his memory after a very strong succes...and the fun it is he's forgotten even about holding a sword.

That's the most important thing concerning the storyline there is, other stuff has been mntioned before other interesting things to note:

-They said several times the game is meant to please the fans and get new audience but remarked the difficulty will be high to please hardcore fans.
-They said various times to it is important to own a HD TV and 5.1 to enjoy the game to it's full (visual) extent
-The game will be instalable into PS3 (and provabely Xbox360) hard disk and the loading time will be of about 3-4 seconds, barely inexistant
-The game it's completed about 50%
-The interaction with the scenaries or the puzzles will be little they want to center the game about the fun of the combat experience

Yes, this is correct. Although I don't know what Capcom are thinking in this whole thing. What are your thoughts on this.

----------------------------------
Originally Found by Vampi from Sons of Sparda

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Dante losing memory looks not very nice to me:p
Except if it has something to do with Vergil...
The weird thing is that he fights alright in the trailer with Nero:huh:

The best course of action is to just wait and see^_^

Lady_0989

#1 For Goodies
Ya thats kinda hard to understand:lol:
If he forgot to hold a sword why was he slashin up those members?:lol:

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
Maybe this is a old interview...
Maybe they decided not to do that old-amnesia trick anymore...

xxspider-chickx

Hush--Opiate
I still really don't get the whole " now you play as the Dante ripoff" thing. I was so p***ed when I heard that. Definite wtf moment. I'm waiting until it comes out and I can find out a decent amount of information on what happens. That way I can see if they made Dante an amnesiac pansy before I buy it. I loved DMC3 Dante and would like to see a return of that type of character very much. I played DMC1 after playing 3 and it just didn't do it for me...

xxspider-chickx

Hush--Opiate
Lady_0989;26066 said:
He is probably gonna play similar. But this time the styles are real time interchangable:lol:

Yeah, that whole go to the statue to change the style was really bad... I almost lost a few fights because of that. I was stuck on level 1 Royalguard for about two levels just because I kept forgetting to change it and by the time I remembered, I was way past a statue... oh well my bad :lol:

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
This is what I think. Dante still has his old personality, he just lost all his skills...
Damn, that sounds dumb.
I'd just give him a new set of weapons and techniques, which he hasn't learned yet...

Either way, Dante's Dante. I'm sure he'll manage to look cool from any angle...

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
lol hopefully he isn;'; a complete retard or dumbass and is still good at devil killing, that's the thing that count's the most....

Mobfigurz

Well, I dont understand what the hell Capcom are doing by sayin Dante has Amnesia and if they launch the game with that to be the case, then I'll be ****ed off, well, if he's a moron and does have Amnesia.
Thats just a silly idea.

Anyways, look at the picture and Dante's shadow, does the shadow resemble the demons that are in the boackground, is it his true shadow or is Dante infact possessed himself. Look at the shadow closely, you can see the shape of his gun.

dante_illust01.jpg

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Apparently this was just a Mishap in the Translation. Here is what Vampi from SoS said :

Anyway, i just had someone who had a better translation and understanding of the original article on the amnesia thing. Kobayashi meant the amnesia thing in a gameplay analogy. Meaning, that we're not gonna get a suped up Dante...rather we have to level him up. Sorry ya'll for the misunderstanding...Then again, ya never know with Capcom

That should explain it a little better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom