• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4-Final Fantasy 7 Similies????

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Was just sitting around thinking about devil may cry 4 gameplay and storyline(i was looking up pics for credo's demon form because i couldnt remember if he had one wing or two) and then i thought...credo...one wing demon angel...sephiroth...evil one wing angel...then i continued to think nero's gun blue rose...remind's me of vincents primary form of his gun...and then it struck me that the whole giant savior fight reminded me of the final fantasy 7 fight agaisnt that dragon( i think its name was baphomet??) especially because of all the jumping around you do on broken peices of street and building...and i know large swords are the mark of a dmc protaganist but it kind of seems similar to clouds buster sword...and those shadow demon lizard things in final fantasy 7 remind me of those lizards you fight in dmc4 especially the way the pop out of the ground...im sure there are more similarities anyone who can think of other's post away

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't really see the FF7 similarities. FF10 feels a little closer but even that's a stretch.

I was playing the Castlevania game "Lords of Shadow" and i feel it had more similiarities to DMC4 in terms of story than the others. Funny thing is Gabriel's hook chain proves that you didn't need Nero to bring in the devil bringer.

the Bleach similarities come down the VAs rather than the anime itself. I would say its more inspired by shonens in general but if anything i would say its a Bleach/D-Gray man mashup.

If you look hard enough, you can find similarities to something else everywhere. Nothing is new, everything has been done before.
And it's good to point them out,as long as you don't start hating because of that inspiration.
I also said this in a previous post,it's good to combine a lot from different stuff because you get something unique.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
You can't compare FF7 to DMC 4. Final Fantasy 7 isn't a ****ty game like DMC 4.

Speak for yourself devil may cry 4 while having some plot holes and some repetitiveness was a great game and made em lvoe the dmc series i made this post to see if anyone else felt that dmc 4 had ff7 similaritties not for someone to bash dmc4 i respect your opinion but in this case i ask you keep it to yourself

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i think its possble to see similarities to things that arent that connected like the anime reminds me of Cowboy bebop or DmC reminds me of X-men first class.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Now you can compare DMC4 to the trash called "The crapilation of FFVII" because just like DMC4, it killed the original game.

Again this thread was created to compare similarities with dmc 4 and ff7 thats all. i did not create this thread so people could once again needlessly bash dmc4 if you want to do that make your own thread. dmc4 did not ruin the original series it did leave some plot holes but beyond that it was a great game im still going through it now for achievements so please while i respect you have an opinion keep it to yourself it was not needed here

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Meh. It isn't all that similar to me really. I could see how they could connect but the inspiration isn't very blatant. It seems like a minor coincidence really. Then again I haven't play FFVII in years. I kind of took a break from the series after XII because XIII and XIII-2 made me vomit. I do like XIV: ARR and Type-0 though... *sigh* if only it would get localized -_-

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Meh. It isn't all that similar to me really. I could see how they could connect but the inspiration isn't very blatant. It seems like a minor coincidence really. Then again I haven't play FFVII in years. I kind of took a break from the series after XII because XIII and XIII-2 made me vomit. I do like XIV: ARR and Type-0 though... *sigh* if only it would get localized -_-

sorry i meant the ff7 movie advent children as well as the game itself and really? ive pointed out 4 or 5 obvious similarities between advent children and the dmc series im sure that if i looked further into it i would find more im not saying its a huge deal but still its kind of cool how they match up i mean both sephiroth and credo are both one winged demons that alone kind of tripped me out

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
sorry i meant the ff7 movie advent children as well as the game itself and really? ive pointed out 4 or 5 obvious similarities between advent children and the dmc series im sure that if i looked further into it i would find more im not saying its a huge deal but still its kind of cool how they match up i mean both sephiroth and credo are both one winged demons that alone kind of tripped me out
Oh Advent Children is a different story lol. I guess there are some similarities. But the original VII? Not so much.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Advent Children Complete is like a director's cut of the movie. There were apparently a few things that, due to funding issues, they couldn't do in the movie, or there ended up being things that they wanted to add or change slightly.

It's the same story, but with added scenes that make the movie flow a bit better, and just overall more entertaining. There's like a half hour of extra footage. It's essentially the definitive version of Advent Children, and it's the one that Square really intended for us to see.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Advent Children Complete is like a director's cut of the movie. There were apparently a few things that, due to funding issues, they couldn't do in the movie, or there ended up being things that they wanted to add or change slightly.

It's the same story, but with added scenes that make the movie flow a bit better, and just overall more entertaining. There's like a half hour of extra footage. It's essentially the definitive version of Advent Children, and it's the one that Square really intended for us to see.

huh id love to see that could you post a link?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Square has been pretty hardcore about keeping footage of it off of YouTube. Apparently they missed one. Go nuts.

It's slightly iffy quality and whatnot, but it'd behoove you (if you're an FF fan) to buy the real deal at some point.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Square has been pretty hardcore about keeping footage of it off of YouTube. Apparently they missed one. Go nuts.

It's slightly iffy quality and whatnot, but it'd behoove you (if you're an FF fan) to buy the real deal at some point.

Thank you

Top Bottom