• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 3 SE and Devil May Cry 4 PC Combat Analysis and Review

TheGamingBritShow

Over the past few years I've slowly become a massive Devil May Cry nut and have been covering my love of the series over on my Youtube channel where I've been doing reviews and industry commentary for a while now.

Recently, as a sort of crescendo to all the DMC I've been playing I completed an in-depth look at the combat and mechanics of DMC3 and 4. It's an analysis, but at heart it's really more of a tribute to two of my favourite games:

Figured I'd post it here since I'm eager to share it with other DMC fans and here what they have to say.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I really enjoyed this review. You really explained in depth and detail what the mechanics are in the two games while listing the faults and praising what they got right. For me, only these two are the stand-out stars of the series based on combat. DMC started it off, and DMC 3&4 built on it...and then I won't talk about the other one.

And just like a random, nosy curiosity I have, were you planning in the future on analyzing Bayonetta/Bayo 2?

TheGamingBritShow

I really enjoyed this review. You really explained in depth and detail what the mechanics are in the two games while listing the faults and praising what they got right. For me, only these two are the stand-out stars of the series based on combat. DMC started it off, and DMC 3&4 built on it...and then I won't talk about the other one.

And just like a random, nosy curiosity I have, were you planning in the future on analyzing Bayonetta/Bayo 2?
Bayonetta is something I'd want to talk about in more detail sometime in the future. I only want to do it though when I've examined the mechanics a little more. After playing it a couple times I have some thoughts on the game but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing an analytical video on it until I'm confident I've completely gotten to grips with everything it has to offer properly.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Actually, I think we've already posted all your DMC videos here in the forum in different places. I saw this one a while ago, I don't know if from here on the site or browsing youtube.

Anyway, for the most part I do agree with most of what you say, with the only difference been that I still prefer DMC1 to any other in the series. Yes, 3 is by far the one with the most replay, yes 4 has options galore, and yes, they are, for all intent and purposes, the better games. Just the same, it was 1 that made me fall in love with the series and 1 that still has the most appeal to me. It has the original Dante's voice, it has the ambiance and music, and it's the only one that shows that it's got it's roots in horror survival.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Hey big fan of your show, love all your videos and I especially enjoyed your DmC review.

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
Most excellent work sir though I'd be careful of those....certain people that worship a certain game that I won't mention out of spite.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Ouch :/

Unwanted mental picture there.
banana-peel-o.gif

Top Bottom