• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 2........why you so bad?

Chocotricks

Hi all I'm new here blahblahblah anyway....

So I finally started playing my DMC games that I had now for months (couldnt play them cause no ps2) anyway I bet DMC for the 2nd time and again it was fantastic but today I put in DMC2.......and was not impressed gah. Does anyone have fun playing this, I mean I loved DMC but this is just so hard to get through Im about half way through now almost id say I just bet the thing that comes out of the building the big giant demon. I mean in the first one I loved his attitude but now hes so boring everyones borning....I loved how the bosses talked with you and reappeared like OH **** THERE HE IS IMA GET HIM THIS TIME and there was more interaction, so far I've heard people talk like 3 times the story is little to none and the combat system is boring as **** like omg for the helicopter and giant boss i could hardly use my sword at all....ahh it is just not fun now I know why its the worst in the series.......Although on a plus side I do think a lot of the demons are badass like that big giant thing that was a pretty cool boss......it was just so boring.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
i have mixed feelings on DMC2, part of me likes it and the other half hates it, i try to persuade myself to actually like it but usually the 'hate dmc2' side takes me back T_T

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I liked it. Preferred playing as Lucia though (completed it with her first.) Still trying to Unlock Trish.

Shadow2x4

Whilst I've only gotten to mission 10, Dante's story, I like it. Sure Dante has had about 5 lines thus far, but taciturn can still be badass. The Amulet system was cool because it allows you to change up your DT, and I like the combat as well.

All in all I can see why people would dislike this game, compared to other DMCs, but it is not bad by any stretch of the word.(That's my opinion only, anyway)

Chocotricks

So I just bet it and it did pick up in like the 2nd last chapter.....lol really though the last 2 chapters were actually pretty kick ass now if the whole game had to be like that it wouldve been sweet......like his badass line.....well heres your crown *BANG* lol, thats the Dante I wanted the whole game

Should I play Lucias part....like honestly I want to move on to DMC3 so bad and I actually cant bring myself to play her part, I had a hard time playing as Dante.....and hes one of my favorite characters in just about any game.....can someone just give me like a brief overview of what happened :3

Bubbarocks07

I love dmc2. I wished the level design was better by the end of the game. (same areas) also only other thing was the tanks and helicopter. took those out added more enemys= way better

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I don't like it very much personally, but I respect it.

It paved the way for the combat system and mechanics of the other games and to me it really does feel like the bridging gap between one and three.

People often say without X product you would not have X sequel but in DMC2s case I think this is particularly true.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I liked the Infested Chopper. The Infested Tanks were dumb though.
infected tanks didnt move. And u should play with lucia. I prefer her fighting style over dante's because she's a sexy karate kicking dagger throwing monster of frankenstein! I was also introduced at #2 and had a blast playing it. And Dante has the best outfit in it(cept for the scarf:confused:) and theres pretty cool other characters to play as too

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
infected tanks didnt move. And u should play with lucia. I prefer her fighting style over dante's because she's a sexy karate kicking dagger throwing monster of frankenstein! I was also introduced at #2 and had a blast playing it. And Dante has the best outfit in it(cept for the scarf:confused:) and theres pretty cool other characters to play as too

The scarf was only in his Diesel outfit IIRC.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
To me, Devil May Cry 2 was explained to us in the same sort of way as Devil May Cry 4 was. Dante was informed that something was going on, something suspicious that he should look into. Dante bursts into the scene, starts sorting the situation out. The part in Devil May Cry 2, where Lucia breaks into the Museum reminded me of when Dante broke through the skylight in Devil May Cry 4. Also not to mention the fact that Lucia was 'created' by Arius. It reminds me of the fact that Mundus created Trish for the same reason, for her to serve him. Arius claims to of made demons who served his purpose of gaining power. Arius had the same intent of gaining power as Sanctus had. Also, in Devil May Cry 2 you can play as either Dante or Lucia. In Devil May Cry 4, you can play as Dante and Nero. No other Devil May Cry game, except Devil May Cry 2 and Devil May Cry 4, lets you play through different parts/levels as other characters except Dante. There are a lot of similarities between Devil May Cry 2 and Devil May Cry 4. And Devil May Cry 4 was a good game, well recieved. With such similarities you'd expect Devil May Cry 2 to be as equally well recieved. Whether that was the case or not, there's no denying that with such similarities to other Devil May Cry games, Devil May Cry 2 definitely has the Devil May Cry feel to it.

I think ultimately it was partly game-play that let it down and the story. People say the game was too easy. To me, Devil May Cry 1 was easy also. The enemy designs were good, they weren't great though. The infected tank and chopper idea was poor for a Devil May Cry game. I admit the infected chopper was fun to fight against, but it didn't really have that Devil May Cry vibe to it.

I wouldn't say Devil May Cry 2 was a bad game. I'd say it was a good game. I think if they had explained more about Arius to us, then it would of been better. There wasn't enough dialogue, which made understanding the story difficult. It was just, Dante shows up and tries to stop Arius. Then he stops Argosax, and we don't know whether he comes back from Hell. There needs to be more description. Capcom find it hard to explain things to us, and their story telling lets us down. It's that which let Devil May Cry 2 down, not that it's a bad game.

Top Bottom