• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil Arms

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I heard that DMC4 would have more DA's than the rest of the series combined (this was a way back though). Anyway, from what we've seen so far Nero only has Red Queen and likely Yamato. Dante has had three so far - Rebellion, Lucifer and Gilgamesh. So thats 5, and theres been about 12 so far in the series (Force Edge, Alastor, Ifrit, Sparda, Yamato, Rebellion, Vendetta, Merciless, Cerberus, Agni & Rudra, Nevan and Beowulf).

So where will the other 7 (at least) DA's come in? Do you think Nero will get more, or will Dante have a huge selection?

Chrysander

In the recent german review, it says there are 12 weapons, but I don't know if they mean just devil arms, or guns as well. In an options screen, we have seen that Nero has options for "Yamato" - as well as Red Queen, but we don't know if that means he gets to use Yamato, or if that's just what they are calling the Demon Spirit thing that comes out of him.
So maybe we will have:

Nero:
1. Red Queen
2. Blue Rose (gun)
3. Yamato (?)

Dante:
4. Rebellion
5. Gilgamesh
6. Lucifer
7. Pandora (gun?)
8. Ebony & Ivory
9. Shotgun
10. ?
11. ?
12. ?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
First of all I really believe that Capcom includes 'Devil Bringer' amongst the weapons that the Devil Hunters in DMC4 use.

Second, I really would like to somehow believe that Capcom will keep that promise but unfortunately I find it hard to do so. I think they concentrated so much to the Devil Bringer features that they neglected that promise. As of lately there was that interview posted by Zato where the interviewer asked Kobayashi about that kind of thing as well.
Kobayashi did not reply exactly. He stated that this is harder than they first thought. Then he spoke of the cut-scenes (if you remember they had promised more cut-scenes as well) and said that they tried their best to include many and nice ones, but said NOTHING about weapons except Devil Bringer. Which is kinda disappointing..

Chrysander

I want to know what's so hard about it, I really don't understand. They had 10 weapons just for Dante in the original DMC3, and that was aaaages ago and on the PS2. Surely after all this time they have enough imagination to come up with new ideas, and it can't be because of lack of power on the 360 or PS3, as the PS2 had over 10 weapons in the end, and that machine is utterly inferior to the present consoles. Once again, I don't see why they can't also include all the previous weapons as well :/

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I don't know as well. Even on DMC1 (I bring it up as an example since like DMC4 it came on a whole new console and probably had quite the same difficulties in making it) we had 5 Devil Arms and 5 Gun type guns.

Force Edge
Alastor
Ifrit
Sparda
Yamato

Ebony & Ivory/Luce & Ombra
Shotgun
Grenade-gun
Needle-gun
Nightmare-Beta

Also, DMC4 already had some things already made from the previous games. Those are, the standard moves for Dante and if not, then most of the style moves for Trickster & Royal Guard. Not to mention the Swordsmaster moves for Rebellion etc etc.

I know they were supposedly struggling with their deadline but still...

Chrysander

The weapons in DMC1 pretty much had the same or very similar animations for attacks though right, apart from ifrit. Since DMC3, they have all got their own style of attacks, so they do have to make all those different animations per weapon, and balance them to make sure they are not overpowered. But even so, that was still the same in DMC3.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I just hope theres a few decent DA's we havent already seen - personally discovering new weapons and abilities is one of my favourite things.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Why do you think he will have it at some point? Force Edge hasn't made an appearance yet has it?

I think Nero would be ok with Sparda, as the Red Queen is also quite a large sword. Bit I'm not sure if it would have much purpose, gameplay wise.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
well imagine what'll be like for nero possessing 3 swords yamato, sparda, and red queen! It'll be interesting for Nero to be the next Sparda and assist dante

Top Bottom