• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil, Angel & Fire Arms for DmC2

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Note: This is a reboot of the last forum

What weapons will come next? Keep the Rebellion, Ebony & Ivory, Revenant, Osiris & Arbiter.

Weapon Name:
Weapon Type:
Element:
Background:
Moveset:

Devil Arms:

Angel Arms:

Fire Arms:

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
A gun similar to the arc charger from Resistance
Arc_charger.jpg

Or for that matter, any crazy gun from the Resistance franchise. Why? Just cuz :)

chocolatepanda

If there is a DmC 2 i wonder what the explanation for him not having all his weapons will be. Its kinda hard to explain that he would lose any of em since they're part of Rebellion which he summons threw his tattoo thing.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
If there is a DmC 2 i wonder what the explanation for him not having all his weapons will be. Its kinda hard to explain that he would lose any of em since they're part of Rebellion which he summons threw his tattoo thing.
It'll probably be like the whole Metroid thing. Dante gets beaten to a bloody pulp, zapped by funky purple energy, gets corrupted by some random power; maybe his demonic power, so he has to refrain from using all his powers, has amnesia (again), or some stupid plot device. Or Dante could just choose not to use his weapons, "Yeah, I have all these wicked weapons, but I'm not gonna use 'em. Nope. Oh, look an impassable barrier that I could break with the Arbiter. Guess I'll have to find another way." *derpface*

DMC Dante had a reason, he left/sold his weapons. DmC doesn't have much of an excuse, they're basically a part of him.

WorkenOnMaLeft

It'll probably be like the whole Metroid thing. Dante gets beaten to a bloody pulp, zapped by funky purple energy, gets corrupted by some random power; maybe his demonic power, so he has to refrain from using all his powers, has amnesia (again), or some stupid plot device. Or Dante could just choose not to use his weapons, "Yeah, I have all these wicked weapons, but I'm not gonna use 'em. Nope. Oh, look an impassable barrier that I could break with the Arbiter. Guess I'll have to find another way." *derpface*

DMC Dante had a reason, he left/sold his weapons. DmC doesn't have much of an excuse, they're basically a part of him.
he could just be like "meh im dante the only way il have fun beating up chumps is if i switch it up a bit otherwise il get bored"
il take that.

Mystiq Doom

Something has to be done about the angel/demon weapon thing. Possibly give guns angel/demon alignment, and/or allow Rebellions neutrality to be able to hit EITHER angel or demon. Were that the case in this game it would have made for a much better experience with the alignment specific enemies.

crush

I really want one of those...Maces and morning stars are one of the most intimidating weapons in this world.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover

Hopefully they think of something better than that, maybe they will go the Arkham City route and let you keep mostly all of your weapons from the first game. But who would honestly want to keep the same weapons from DmC1? Not saying they are bad but I think part of the fun is getting an all new set of cool weapons to play with.

ZeroLove

How about two sickles chained to one another, like a doubte kusarigama?
Kusarigama.png

I would personally love that. Would be a cool angel weapon, mizing Osiris and Aquila together in a way and making it resemble the DMC3 Cerberus.

Also, I would LOVE for Dante to wield a whip. His weapon can already extend to grab things, so why not use it as a weapon as well? And to add to that, remember in the first trailer where he grabbed a car and smashed it into enemies? It would be cool if he could do that as well. ^^

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
How about two sickles chained to one another, like a doubte kusarigama?
Kusarigama.png

I would personally love that. Would be a cool angel weapon, mizing Osiris and Aquila together in a way and making it resemble the DMC3 Cerberus.

Also, I would LOVE for Dante to wield a whip. His weapon can already extend to grab things, so why not use it as a weapon as well? And to add to that, remember in the first trailer where he grabbed a car and smashed it into enemies? It would be cool if he could do that as well. ^^
Sorry, Ninja Gaiden 2 already did this with the Vigoorian Flail.
Level_3_Vigoorian_Flail.png

Que raging fanboys in 1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . "EEFEHSFKDLFUKE!!! Crapcom and Nasty Theory are copying Ninja Gaiden!!! NO ORIGINALITY!!! NINJA GAIDEN 3 IZ BETTERZ GAEM THAN DmC2!!! WO:DEOEIFA!!! *monkey noises*"

While it's a pretty sweet idea/weapon, Capcom and NT should avoid using any weapon that can be found in other games. Impossible, I know, right?

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Lol
Sorry, Ninja Gaiden 2 already did this with the Vigoorian Flail.
Level_3_Vigoorian_Flail.png

Que raging fanboys in 1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . "EEFEHSFKDLFUKE!!! Crapcom and Nasty Theory are copying Ninja Gaiden!!! NO ORIGINALITY!!! NINJA GAIDEN 3 IZ BETTERZ GAEM THAN DmC2!!! WO:DEOEIFA!!! *monkey noises*"

While it's a pretty sweet idea/weapon, Capcom and NT should avoid using any weapon that can be found in other games. Impossible, I know, right?
Well that really does seem impossible, I think they should not worry too much since Dante would use it way different than Hayabusa. I mean DmC already uses a scythe, the maine weapon from Dant'e Inferno featuring a character with the same name going through hell, and axe, which is just in every game ever including Ninja Gaiden, and a sword which is in too many games to count.

Azure King

Note: This is a reboot of the last forum

What weapons will come next? Keep the Rebellion, Ebony & Ivory, Revenant, Osiris & Arbiter.

Weapon Name:
Weapon Type:
Element:
Background:
Moveset:

Devil Arms:

Angel Arms:

Fire Arms:

For Fire Arms something like this

ddarkness-guns_jpg.jpg

For Devil Arms something like this

Scythe.png

For Angel Arms something like this

fangju_dra_wq2.jpg

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Hopefully they think of something better than that, maybe they will go the Arkham City route and let you keep mostly all of your weapons from the first game. But who would honestly want to keep the same weapons from DmC1? Not saying they are bad but I think part of the fun is getting an all new set of cool weapons to play with.

I see nothing wrong with that. Of all the things they could leave unexplained, having one or two weapons suddenly gone wouldn't hurt the experience, I believe. My guess is that they'll let you have Rebellion, Osiris, Arbiter and E&I again by default and not bother explaining the other one's absence. If they do want to come up with an explanation, tho, I think the least cheap route would be that his powers are partial syphoned out of him and now has to recover them (or never does and gains different powers/weapons instead).

The Arkham games had godly writing behind them, but they knew that missing items from the past game that you would regain afterward for gameplay purposes wasn't something they had to justify with story.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
I see nothing wrong with that. Of all the things they could leave unexplained, having one or two weapons suddenly gone wouldn't hurt the experience, I believe. My guess is that they'll let you have Rebellion, Osiris, Arbiter and E&I again by default and not bother explaining the other one's absence. If they do want to come up with an explanation, tho, I think the least cheap route would be that his powers are partial syphoned out of him and now has to recover them (or never does and gains different powers/weapons instead).

The Arkham games had godly writing behind them, but they knew that missing items from the past game that you would regain afterward for gameplay purposes wasn't something they had to justify with story.
I guess that is the downside of having all of his weapons being a part of his sword. The old games never had to explain any of this lol, but we shall see what they come up with in a potential sequel.

Mystiq Doom

Blue Rose style revolver please. It fits his personality. An axe that Dante can, please for the love of god, swing with one hand. Gauntlets that include boots/shin guards so that Dante performs kicks.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE take another crack and giving him SMGs or Uzis. But we know how well that turned out last time...:(

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Blue Rose style revolver please. It fits his personality. An axe that Dante can, please for the love of god, swing with one hand. Gauntlets that include boots/shin guards so that Dante performs kicks.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE take another crack and giving him SMGs or Uzis. But we know how well that turned out last time...:(
Dual axes, please and thank you.
DualWieldAxes.jpg

As for automatic weapons, they could shoot out sticky darts like Kablooey and Lucifer (I know they're not darts, they're swords, but you get the point). But you have to make the enemy very sticky to do any harm.

Top Bottom