• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Demons and Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If there are weapons that'll be showing besides a new shapeshifting sword rebellion, what else will there be?

- Kusarigama
- Yamato (either katana, saber or rapier)
- Nunchuku
- Spear
- Kali Sticks
- Tonfas
- Manriki
- Guitar
- Gauntlets & Shinguards

Asmodaius

I would like it if they stuck with European medieval/fantasy weapons when it comes to this new "Rebellion" weapon. From the trailer we saw a spear, a polearm of sorts (axe or scythe) and that whip/grappling chain weapon which fits the theme very well. I'd also like to see the classic broadsword and yes, the guitar was awesome in DMC3 and I would love for it to return, as it was a nice alternative to the guns and rather fun to use, giving Dante some magic attributes as well.

The Kusarigama, Nunchaku, Kali Sticks and the Manriki wouldn't fit Dante in my opinion. They are more fitting Vergil if anyone. Also, the Kali Sticks and the Nunchaku aren't weapons I consider cool (I never used the Cerberus in DMC3). The Beowulf, gauntlets and shinguards, giving him a martial art style is rather cool though and I would like for it to return.

fon

Crazy Chick
Since we can see Dante using hand-to-hand combat in the trailer, they'll most likely give him a weapon like Beowulf (except updated with new moves and look :D).
Since the game is taking a Western flair I wonder if any weapons he uses will be inspired by ones from the East. Maybe already reserved for Vergil?

Lol, what if they gave him a bass instead? xD
I could imagine him using an instrument related weapon, since his design is inspired by the punk-rock movement.

icmasticc

I kinda doubt multiple weapons in this game. They've already shown Dante with a shape-shifting sword(Heavenly Sword style), so I'm pretty sure they'll be several forms of that blade. Everybody only counts three forms because that's what the trailer showed. That doesn't have to be definite yet though since it's so early. There could very well be five or six forms of that one sword that was shown. I think they are gonna stick with Ebony and Ivory and this new shape-shifting blade.

This is supposed to be his origin. I don't think they're gonna get too complex with the weapons and things just yet.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Lets not forget firearms:
- Ebony & Ivory
- Shotgun
- Grenade Gun
- Submachine Guns
- Random Battle Cannons
- Vulcan

kenjiharimaCU

Street Fighter Fan
Dante was a mercenary in novel he'll probably have police/military weapons along now with the shape shifting Rebellion.....

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Ichi-nii;275299 said:
*sigh*

You see this is why Im finding it so hard to like DmC.

Nothing was wrong with how things were before.

And now this re-envisioning just threatens to take away things that made DMC great.
bleh, seein' as it's Capcom I'm almost not suprised...jeez I'm gonna miss the "true" DMC... :(

moseslmpg;275305 said:
Of course it is speculation, but it isn't baseless. I'm using the trailer to extrapolate. His weapon appears more technological than magical. The enemies look like robots. There are not traditional demonic elements shown, and honestly, if they want to make the game more realistic, taking out the part where you get ice nunchucks from a demon dog spirit makes sense.

My prediction is the weapons will not be like traditional DAs.

oh great, just like the new Mortal Kombat movie...WAIT!! does this mean no demon scythe? :unsure:

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
D.E.Mortal;289011 said:
oh great, just like the new Mortal Kombat movie...WAIT!! does this mean no demon scythe? :unsure:

Wait, a new Mortal Kombat movie? you mean the one where baraka who was once a doctor gone crazy, reptile having a disease that makes his body crumble, and scorpion having no mask?

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
DemonDream;291063 said:
Wait, a new Mortal Kombat movie? you mean the one where baraka who was once a doctor gone crazy, reptile having a disease that makes his body crumble, and scorpion having no mask?

yup, dat one...on a similar note, anyone seen the trailer for that crap they're callin a Tekken movie?

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
the mortal kombat trailer isnt real wasn't it? the people that made were hoping that the film publishers(i think it was WB) would give a green light on their idea.

there is already a tekken movie out and i seen its trailer. but was there a new one for tekken?

Asmodaius

The Mortal Kombat movie trailer was merely a pitch, an example on how MK could be translated into the "real world". It is not confirmed to be a movie in production.

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
Asmodaius;291271 said:
The Mortal Kombat movie trailer was merely a pitch, an example on how MK could be translated into the "real world". It is not confirmed to be a movie in production.

That's I was trying to say, but you explained it way better than me. Thanks Asmodaius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom