• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DEMO IS HERE!

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Yep, so I get up today to find that the demo is available on the EU marketplace :D So I assume everywhere else has it too.

I'm downloading as I type, cant wait to get started, and get a first glimpse of what I'll be doing for the next few months.

RazielVergil

Devil Leon;64836 said:
Yep, so I get up today to find that the demo is available on the EU marketplace :D So I assume everywhere else has it too.

I'm downloading as I type, cant wait to get started, and get a first glimpse of what I'll be doing for the next few months.

so wat if u r downloading the demo!for me i have to wait until april to get the game for PC

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Ahhhhhh!
I haven't got online on my playstation 3 yet, so i'm missing out :(

Zato-OW

King
Ok i just Dled and played it, but cant wait for the real game now!! Btw just Dl it from the jpn PSN it has been out for a few hours now and its in english for some reason.

Joyce_Nero

Nothing in US and European for now! ;_; I hope they hurry and we get it soon too! I don't want to do a new (japanese) account now because of this...

Devil Razer

Drifter
tbh im gonna wait till the fullgame is out. so i savour the gameing experience.

That and i havnt got the bandwith here for xbox live to work. When i try an log into it it saps everyones connection and just doesnt load the pages on XBL

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Just spent the last 30 mins playing through the Devil May Cry 4 demo is it is AWESOME. You get to fight...

Berial, the gigantic fire creature

...and it is incredible. The only problem I had with the demo was that there were only a very few number of attacks available. Thankfully the full version of Devil May Cry 4 will remedy that, though! ;)

Highly recommended, guys, definitely be sure to download the Devil May Cry 4 demo as soon as you can.

In answer to your question, darth_angelo45, no, you cannot change the default control scheme. It's a little different to the controls in Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening but I found them pretty easy to pick up.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
^ No, you can't. But personally I think the controls work fine.

Anyway, here's my review of the demo:

So, I've reached Berial and half killed him in Exterminator (timed) mode, and I have beaten him on Executioner. I was hoping for good stuff, and I wasnt disappointed.

Visuals: First thoughts when I played Exterminator was that the game looks visually amazing. The animation is very smooth, and Berial looks amazing, even better when your actually playing it to when watching trailers, IMO.

Gameplay: OK, so upon testing the controls, it felt a little odd for a few minutes but soon enough it felt natural. Nero does play a little differently to Dante, but not enough that its hard to learn. The Devil Bringer is quite fluid, and assuming it learns some cool powers later on I think I could grow to love it. As for the difficulty - upon beating up a load of Scarecrows, I felt they died easily, but then this is probably set to a difficulty equal to that of DMC3's Normal. However, upon reaching the Frosts, I felt they were a challenge, which I was very pleased about. The Devil Bringer added a throw to the battle, which I wondered would make it too easy, but it doesnt (although spamming it is more or less possible, if you really wanted to).

Berial wasn't disappointing either, I did lose to him twice before my first victory, although I was being a little too cocky. The Devil Bringer does unleash some big damage when you use it on the weakened Berial, but I dont feel this cheapens the battle as its still challenging, and the DB animations are pretty damn cool. I think for a Normal level boss, it felt about right, and I can imagine the bosses will all be equally strong, and good challenges on the harder modes.

Overall, I think the game feels great, and it doesnt look like theyve dumbed it down too much (if at all). The entire level featured in the demo would take more than 10 minutes to beat (unless you avoid all enemies you can and rush it) which is a good length for a DMC level, I'm hoping the others are just as long.

Sound: The sound effects are all fitting (although the Blue Rose felt a little quiet, but I'm used to Dante's .45's) nothing seemed out of place, and I feel it generally had good sounds where they were needed. The music is a lot like DMC3's, (by the same band) which is great, although the main battle music is slightly less prominent, which is probably a good thing for the people who hated "Taste the Blood" in DMC3 (I didn't)

Summary:

Played the demo many times already and I'm hooked. This definitely looks to be a solid DMC title in my eyes, and I can't wait. I'm sure I'll have killed Berial many more times before I get the full game.

Top Bottom