• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

December 21 wishes

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Okay guys.

December 21, 2012 is coming, and I was gonna make a wish on the day for next year. But if the Mayans are right (which is very doubtful) the world will end at that day. So until then, let's make some wishes for next year.

What's yours on the apparent doomsday?

KRSkull

Lindsey Stirling will make a tour in Europe. so i am wishing that i can travel to Europe and attend one of her concerts.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
That the guy I used to love will come back to me and I can beat the living **** outta him...
Well maybe send him very strong worded messages...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Mayans actually don't predict the end of the world. Some cynical and pessimistic westerner interpreted the calendar in that fashion. They do predict the planetary alignment. What exactly the effect of this alignment will be on earth is something science hasn't been very conclusive with. Some say catastrophic disasters, others say it'll be just another day like every other day, and others say it will have a mental and physical effect on us. The Mayans however predicted that good things will follow.

I don't do wishes. Wishing is akin to wanting. Wishing is a deception.
I'm happy with what I have and where I am.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
It is hard to pick one wish, I have nothing and want everything. So I guess I will be vauge and just wish for happiness.

The Mayans actually don't predict the end of the world. Some cynical and pessimistic westerner interpreted the calendar in that fashion. They do predict the planetary alignment. What exactly the effect of this alignment will be on earth is something science hasn't been very conclusive with. Some say catastrophic disasters, others say it'll be just another day like every other day, and others say it will have a mental and physical effect on us. The Mayans however predicted that good things will follow.

1. You're right about the Mayans
2. Even if you are happy there is something that will make you happier. Everyone wants something, even if it seems like it is to small to be worth mentioning it is still a wish no different from asking for the entire world and there is nothing less deceptive than a wish. What you desire says more about you than anything else and seeking what you desire will tell you more about life than anything else. What's deceptive is to say you don't have any wishes. Even if you don't say it out loud everyone is wishing for something every moment of their lives.

DragonMaster2010

Wait. Have the planets ever been in alignment before?

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Wait. Have the planets ever been in alignment before?

When astrologers speak of the planets being aligned (something which doesn't really concern astronomers) they don't mean that the planets will actually all lie on a straight line at some instant of time. One calculation of alignments within around thirty degrees (about as close as they can get) shows that the last such alignment was in 561 BC, and the next will be in 2854. All nine planets are somewhat aligned every 500 years, and are grouped within 30 degrees every 1 to 3 alignments.

There you go, a scientificy kinda answer...

DragonMaster2010

When astrologers speak of the planets being aligned (something which doesn't really concern astronomers) they don't mean that the planets will actually all lie on a straight line at some instant of time. One calculation of alignments within around thirty degrees (about as close as they can get) shows that the last such alignment was in 561 BC, and the next will be in 2854. All nine planets are somewhat aligned every 500 years, and are grouped within 30 degrees every 1 to 3 alignments.

There you go, a scientificy kinda answer...

Very sciency...

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
mayan calendar is reseting so i know the world wont end however im getting money of the people who do betting 5 quid that it wont end got 10 quid coming so far :devil:

Angel General

Cristal, Advisor to Emperor Glaser & sky goddess
My science teacher said that they actually rewrote the calendar in the 1900's incorrectly, and it is actually the wrong date... :I I wish for December 21st to be a great day!

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
according to something i read before 2012 may have already gone past or may be far from now

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I heard new theory that this date was apparently to happen into future, near 100 years later. So apocalypse not happens

kerolin

I'm very confused

how can we believe in a people that sacrificed people, but however, why they bother to say a possible date for the end of the world

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Mayans also wrote down dates AFTER the prophesized doom date, so yeah, there's that little tidbit.

Anyway, if the world is really gonna end, I want to be able to go to the universe all my characters came from. That's right, I'd escape into the universe that exists inside my mind. Best way to go.

Top Bottom