• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DEBATE: Dante .V. Nero Advanced Mechanics and Warfare

Keaton

Premium
Heh, sorry for the obscure title.

I started this thread to compare both Nero and Dante, not as characters but as 'weapons'. Bare with me...

This was inspired when, (on a non related forum) someone said "Nero is an easy character to play with and anyone can do good with him!", I immedatly started a little rant about Neros mechanics and how he and Dante are pretty much equally skilled for use if you use them properly (personal prefrence taken into account) and although it may be easy to avoid damage with Nero by keeping in the air via the Devil Bringer, there is so much he can do without his Bringer that makes him a formidable character.

So, thats what this is for to debate, not which charater is best but to explore how each character can be used beyond the obvious.

I'll start...

-A technique I like to emplore using Nero, especially when facing Frosts and other enemies with projectiles is the Table Hop. I eliminate Aerial Manovers and simply apply ALOT of damage directly using Snatch rarely and Buster only when available (and safe to do so). I actually like this in conjunction with the Instant Exceed to max out the guage and deal massive damage quickly.

[if this is misplaced let me know and i will move/delete as needed :)]

w33l33

meh...
Keaton;71601 said:
Heh, sorry for the obscure title.

I started this thread to compare both Nero and Dante, not as characters but as 'weapons'. Bare with me...

This was inspired when, (on a non related forum) someone said "Nero is an easy character to play with and anyone can do good with him!", I immedatly started a little rant about Neros mechanics and how he and Dante are pretty much equally skilled for use if you use them properly (personal prefrence taken into account) and although it may be easy to avoid damage with Nero by keeping in the air via the Devil Bringer, there is so much he can do without his Bringer that makes him a formidable character.

So, thats what this is for to debate, not which charater is best but to explore how each character can be used beyond the obvious.

I'll start...

-A technique I like to emplore using Nero, especially when facing Frosts and other enemies with projectiles is the Table Hop. I eliminate Aerial Manovers and simply apply ALOT of damage directly using Snatch rarely and Buster only when available (and safe to do so). I actually like this in conjunction with the Instant Exceed to max out the guage and deal massive damage quickly.

[if this is misplaced let me know and i will move/delete as needed :)]

i am sorry but i find nero much harder to play as than dante... he is much weaker and although he has his devil bringer dante just has raw skill and style that we have become accustomed to

i am probably saying this because for the past 3 devil may cry games we have been playing as dante and we know him inside out and now how to kill enemies moste effectively and what combos rack up the most style points and kills...

all said and done though i do like nero as a character they made a better attempt at a second playable character this time around then in DMC2...

Keaton

Premium
w33l33;71604 said:
i am sorry but i find nero much harder to play as than dante... he is much weaker and although he has his devil bringer dante just has raw skill and style that we have become accustomed to

i am probably saying this because for the past 3 devil may cry games we have been playing as dante and we know him inside out and now how to kill enemies moste effectively and what combos rack up the most style points and kills...

all said and done though i do like nero as a character they made a better attempt at a second playable character this time around then in DMC2...

Although Dante is awesome with loads of possibilities for assault, Neros restrictions make finding new ways and forms of offence fun...damn took me ages to master the Instant Exceed and I SWEAR it makes everything and every foe 10x easier, and it makes his initial attacks more potent than Dantes ^_o

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;71610 said:
Although Dante is awesome with loads of possibilities for assault, Neros restrictions make finding new ways and forms of offence fun...damn took me ages to master the Instant Exceed and I SWEAR it makes everything and every foe 10x easier, and it makes his initial attacks more potent than Dantes ^_o

I agree with you,and i agree with w33l33 too...:)

Nero is harder to use than Dante due to Nero's limited abilities,but when you master his skills,it will be a piece of cake.After all,Nero has more missions than Dante,so it is a fair trade off with Dante's less missions as you can enjoy nero more...:lol:

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;71622 said:
I agree with you,and i agree with w33l33 too...:)

Nero is harder to use than Dante due to Nero's limited abilities,but when you master his skills,it will be a piece of cake.After all,Nero has more missions than Dante,so it is a fair trade off with Dante's less missions as you can enjoy nero more...:lol:

I agree it is REALLY nice to get the use out of Nero, to tbh the missions with Dante although fewer still allow you to get the full experience from him :)

Its odd.
Comparing the two for example, Dante has Royal Guard, a Technique that can negate an attack, store it and strike back after a while. Whereas Nero has Table Hopper which allows for an Instant Counter which paired with Exceed deals damn similar damage.

Dante has Styles
Nero has Exceed

Dante has Multiple Weapons
Nero has the Devil Bringer

o_O

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;71629 said:
I agree it is REALLY nice to get the use out of Nero, to tbh the missions with Dante although fewer still allow you to get the full experience from him :)

Its odd.
Comparing the two for example, Dante has Royal Guard, a Technique that can negate an attack, store it and strike back after a while. Whereas Nero has Table Hopper which allows for an Instant Counter which paired with Exceed deals damn similar damage.

Dante has Styles
Nero has Exceed

Dante has Multiple Weapons
Nero has the Devil Bringer

o_O

That's right...they balanced it that way...:) nero's Devil Bringer is too powerful when abused a lot,while Dante has styles,and weapons to kill his opponents easier.:)

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;71630 said:
That's right...they balanced it that way...:) nero's Devil Bringer is too powerful when abused a lot,while Dante has styles,and weapons to kill his opponents easier.:)

I agree. Fighting Credo for the first time wa fun, but when I initiated a DT'd Buster he lost damn near 50% HP and left him open to attack.

I imagine fighting him as Dante would be substancially harder without that? ¬_¬?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;71635 said:
I agree. Fighting Credo for the first time wa fun, but when I initiated a DT'd Buster he lost damn near 50% HP and left him open to attack.

I imagine fighting him as Dante would be substancially harder without that? ¬_¬?

heh,if we use dante to fight nero,nero is guaranteed to lose,even nero is in his D.T. form...:lol:

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;71638 said:
heh,if we use dante to fight nero,nero is guaranteed to lose,even nero is in his D.T. form...:lol:

Dante: "Why the glare?"
Nero: "I just get the feeling you've been playing me all along..."

Yeah, I think thats set in stone lol
After all, however much you pummel Dante in-game with Nero, Dante LET it happen so Nero could let of steam lol

Afterall, fighting Dante is completly diffrent to fighting any other boss - full stop.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;71641 said:
Dante: "Why the glare?"
Nero: "I just get the feeling you've been playing me all along..."

Yeah, I think thats set in stone lol
After all, however much you pummel Dante in-game with Nero, Dante LET it happen so Nero could let of steam lol

Afterall, fighting Dante is completly diffrent to fighting any other boss - full stop.

Yeah,Dante lets it easy as to be cool...:cool: Devil Bringer basically can be used as counter attack,as he grabs opponent and damages them before enemies attack.:)

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;71644 said:
Yeah,Dante lets it easy as to be cool...:cool: Devil Bringer basically can be used as counter attack,as he grabs opponent and damages them before enemies attack.:)

Its nice too to counter OTHER enemies. Throwing a foes ally into them stops them from attacking too which is nice to keep the stylish up :)

w33l33

meh...
Keaton;71635 said:

no chance with dante you can pwn him in human form and then when he is weak and vulnerable you can demonise and use special moves like dance macarbre on his *** and take almost 3/4 of his health... dante's attacks just deal more damage, nero's (most of the time) look cooler

Top Bottom