• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Space

AngelEyes

Dressed To Kill
It's basically pointless when the game was so derivative of movies to begin with. Just go watch The Thing and Event Horizon again.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
The animated movies were a bit pants - can't really imagine anyone outside of Uwe Boll making things worse for a live-action flick.

Also, The Thing (1982 and consequently the 2011 version) served as a huge influence to the universe of Dead Space. Super freaky, super fun, super nightmare fuel for a twenty-something coward like myself.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

I could & i don't think i'd like it much because it would be like DeadSpace without the Necromorphs or DeadRising without the zombies.
Only a small part of what they are.
It's that creature element that drives them over the line for me, the combination of the two.
The insanity & hallucination with actual creatures piled on. Otherwise you'd get just a bunch of crazy people & what's so science fiction horror about that.

Yea people can say DeadSpace has been done & it's called Event Horizon or TheThing & that's not quite it to me.
DeadSpace would be a mix of the two elements of Event Horizon & TheThing as they were separate issues.
You suffered from hallucinations brought on by the Marker or became an actual Necromorph from the infector.
Like a double dose of getting screwed & that makes it interesting. Two different problems.
Not neccesary. Imagine what if every enemy in game would be changed humans with machines fused with them. And throw on top of this supernatural element, something that not common to sci-fi like Thing or Dead Space

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

The figures YEA!
That fits DeadSpace & OMG Clive Barker would be absolutely perfect to direct a DeadSpace movie.
definetely! But I don't know what happened to him. I heard something happened to him and he was in hospital. Since than i didn't heard much about him :(

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Even good games getting turned into good movies like DeadSpace i even doubt hollywood thought about it or even worse hollywood did think about it, makes it, & it's poorly done ruining the possibility for any decent director to take the thought seriously in remaking a better movie out of it.
Dunno if Hollywood manages to achieve anything good with it. You know they are always so lazy wit VG movies. There is only 2- 3 decent ones like Silent Hill and Mortal Kombat, while rest must be avoided as plague. Just look what they did to Alone in the dark.
As for Barker. You know I really hope he makes new movie. And I hope he directs it himself. Since it's often that different producer miss points f his books.

Top Bottom